Wiki Posts
Search

Medallion supervisor experience

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA Platinum (Life), Emirates Gold,GHA Black
Medallion supervisor experience

So last month, I booked EWN/ATL/AMS/PRG return in M and used miles to upgrade to make a long story short, here's my email to Delta customer service:

Message: Where do I begin? When I booked the ticket, the original agent
booked the flight, minus EWN/ATL. Called back, bought a one way. Called
back when I found the second agent dropped the upgrade. Called back when
I found the return date was wrong. Requested return to ATL on the 6th,
ATL/EWN on the 8th. Called again on the 27th. Agent said she couldn't
change it at the time, as I was already checked in and to call when I
arrived in Prague. Agent made reservation for 08 July. Called on 30 July
from Prague. Spoke with a xxxxxxxxxxx. VERY condisending! Cancelled my
reservation for 08 July. After 5+ hours on the phone, including 32
minutes from Prague, HELP!

2 hours later, problem resolved, and this on a Sunday! My advice? If you get Ms. xxxxxx, hang up and get another supervisor!

Last edited by obscure2k; Jul 2, 2012 at 9:49 am Reason: Removed name of DL employee & another
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
I have a feeling you'll get a canned response, maybe with a few miles thrown in.

Reading your email I have no idea what happened or what you are looking for, except a vent. Also confused by your apparent time travel
Old Jul 2, 2012, 5:41 am
c_d

Programs: Feels like FO (AA EXP)
What are you complaining about? You have had 100% more success than I had. To answer your question, two statements are in order:
  1. FT wisdom: "If the agent cannot/will not do it, hang up, recall". Use Skype!
  2. Twitter is always an option!
  3. Failure is always an option!

I also had an international "W"-class adventure that ultimately ended with me cancelling the ticket entirely. DL web page was unable to let me book, error messages popping up over and over. Since this is not the first time of me booking such a trip, I requested the whole intin to be build by AF and to be put on hold. AF was not too happy about that but did it and they also waived the 20€ fee for that. Backed with such preparation, I was feeling ready to have DL book it.

So I called in and I thought I had a relatively capable agent. I explicitly requested W-class only and asked several times whether the ticket is in W class and that was answered positively the entire time. There were issues with one segment operated by AF (TLV-CDG to be exact) and I had to hold for a while. The agent pushed that in manually and informed me about the fact that "only the outbound was available for SWU momentarily".

EF was telling me a different story but I tried to live up to wisdom #1 as written above. When I recalled (got Chisholm BTW), I was told that SWU's are a little of a waste on that reservation. That was the moment when I finally received the reservation email.

I was honestly shocked: Both TATL's were booked in "A", while only the two very last segments (CHD-TLV and TLV-CDG) were in "W". The agent and Twitter quickly confirmed that only the two last segments are suitable for SWU upgrades and that the segment TLV-CDG cannot be upgraded because it is coded as KLM. When I requested a re-ticketing in W, she came up with a massive price jump that put a "W" Y ticket over the price of business. The reason according to her was the inability to price the segment TLV-CDG and that was forcing the whole return into full Y.

AF, of course, had still no issues building and pricing the whole trip at the initial price but I wanted to use a couple of my vouchers that are about to expire (significant value). After a total of 3 calls and several twitter messages exchanged, I was fed up and killed the trip. It's a pitty that AA is not giving upgrade certificates for a status match (although totally understandable).
Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 122554
So last month, I booked EWN/ATL/AMS/PRG return in M and used miles to upgrade to make a long story short, here's my email to Delta customer service:

Message: Where do I begin? When I booked the ticket, the original agent
booked the flight, minus EWN/ATL. Called back, bought a one way. Called
back when I found the second agent dropped the upgrade. Called back when
I found the return date was wrong. Requested return to ATL on the 6th,
ATL/EWN on the 8th. Called again on the 27th. Agent said she couldn't
change it at the time, as I was already checked in and to call when I
arrived in Prague. Agent made reservation for 08 July. Called on 30 July
from Prague. Spoke with a xxxxxxxxxx. VERY condisending! Cancelled my
reservation for 08 July. After 5+ hours on the phone, including 32
minutes from Prague, HELP!

2 hours later, problem resolved, and this on a Sunday! My advice? If you get Ms. xxxxxx, hang up and get another supervisor!
I don't understand this at all. If the original agent failed to include the first segment EWN-ATL on your ticket, you should have called back as soon as you received the emailed itinerary/receipt or checked your booking on delta.dumb. Even if it becomes he said versus she said, within the 24 hour cancel period this should not have been a problem. Why would one ever purchase a second ticket for EWN-ATL in this case? Besides being more expensive and possibly giving trouble in IROPs, this way guarantees that you won't get any available upgrade which you've paid for anyway with your miles or SWU.

Last edited by obscure2k; Jul 2, 2012 at 5:05 pm Reason: Deleted name for reasons of privacy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.