Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta to add Gogo WiFi to international fleet

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: DL2SXM
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1467479-dl-747-fleet-operation.html
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2013, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by epekarik
American charges $18 for full international flight for wifi. Not bad. Delta is $18 for a day domestic
No. Actually, it was only $14 in domestic USA.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 5:09 pm

Programs: DL DM, TK Elite (*Gold), AA EXP (matched and prob not for long!)
Any update about this? Chris? When will the first birds have intl wifi available?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Bump

Any update? I'm giving up on UA for a while and doing some overseas DL flights soon... would love to have Wifi.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by bworrell
Bump

Any update? I'm giving up on UA for a while and doing some overseas DL flights soon... would love to have Wifi.
I have not seen it yet...not expecting it on my LHR-JFK flight this week...unfortunately.

That's definitely been a nice feature on AA's 77W I've flown TATL this year! Alas, AA is done for the year and it's back to DL...

Old Nov 17, 2013, 2:37 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by bworrell
Bump

We expect to introduce it by the end of the year and still plan to have all of our international fleet equipped by the end of 2015.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:55 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Thanks for the update! Any word on which aircraft (e.g., 764, 74S) or routes (JFK-LHR?) will be first?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 4:23 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by lamont2718
Thanks for the update! Any word on which aircraft (e.g., 764, 74S) or routes (JFK-LHR?) will be first?
Eigher the 747 of 767, but I'm not placing bets on which one will be first at this point. It's too close to call.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I assume there are some aircraft with the satellite transceiver dome on top but it is just not activated yet until final FAA approval? I thought I saw a 747 at NRT a month ago with an extra 'bump' on top of the fuselage.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 7:56 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
I'm a bit surprised that DL isn't focusing on getting international wifi up and running on the 777s that are flying many of the longest haul flights...in my mind that's the place where I would MOST like to have access. The shorter international flights, i.e. TATLs of 7-10 hours I can easily hold out but when I'm in the air for 13-15 hours TPAC or to Australia I would love to be able to check mail and text with the family at home.
Old Nov 23, 2013, 3:53 pm

I am crossing my fingers hoping the delay is that DL is torn between KA band and the KU band that they originally stated. I read somewhere that GoGo got a contract with somebody for KA band. With KA band promising much more bandwidth it would be a waste of money for DL to stick with KU when UA and others are getting KA. I think Delta is stalling on something because we have not heard a peep from ATG on the status. We could ask them but we know how they do not comment on rumors : )
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:39 pm

Delta expects to receive first Wi-Fi-equipped long-haul aircraft this month

Looks like DL and GoGo finally installed it on one 744. December 4th 2013, "Delta Air Lines expects to receive its first long-haul aircraft equipped with Gogo’s international Ku-band satellite-supported connectivity system this month, following Gogo’s announcement that it has received supplemental type certificate (STC) to install the technology on Boeing 747-400 aircraft." I am bummed out that it is the KU band that they originally stated I am hoping that at some point before they outfit the entire fleet that they will put the much faster KA Band in the works somehow. Here is the link. http://blog.apex.aero/ife/delta-expe...ricing-policy/
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Wonder how long for 777s to get added to the STC also.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 9:33 am

Programs: AA GLD, HH SLV, Citi AA World Elite Platinum, AMEX Plat, SPG Gold
Smile

Originally Posted by DLCorpGuy
Eigher the 747 of 767, but I'm not placing bets on which one will be first at this point. It's too close to call.
Hey is there any update on how many international planes will have wifi installed and by when now that the first STC has been received?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:38 am
Used to be 'jwienner'

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AA Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Any news on this? Have heard rumors of a few of the A333's with Intl Wifi.
Also, found this press release from 2012, HA! Tim Mapes, you lie like a rug http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1651
Old Feb 18, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, MR LTT, Hilton D, Hertz PC. National Emerald Exec, UA Silver(thanks to Marriott)

I wish they would do it for domestic 767. I have a couple of JFK-SLC flghts in a couple of weeks. 5 hrs with no WiFi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.