FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Unable to enter middle name when booking ticket, is it a problem? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1361219-unable-enter-middle-name-when-booking-ticket-problem.html)

DCdeacon Jun 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Unable to enter middle name when booking ticket, is it a problem?

Hello,

Infrequent Delta traveler here...I just booked a ticket on Delta.com for my wife and I. When entering the "Passenger information," there is only a field for first name and last name, and not a field for middle name. Yet directly above that section on the screen it says "Please enter names exactly as they appear on your passport (it was an international flight)." Well, our passports both have our full middle names listed...so why can't I enter our middle names under passenger info?

Both of our Skymiles profiles had our middle initials after our first names, so our passenger info ended up looking like "First M Last".

Is that normal? I don't anticipate having a problem despite our ID's having "First Middle Last", but should I worry? Don't want to get stuck internationally because the website wouldn't let me enter our full middle names!

Thanks!

gooselee Jun 27, 2012 11:51 pm

I never put my middle name on my bookings. Some of my IDs have it, some don't. I've never had a problem with any of them. I believe you do have a middle initial field in the TSA secure passenger data you can enter (along with your gender and DOB).

BUT, most of my travel is domestic, so int'l might be another wrinkle. Probably worth a call to DL to either get the PNR fixed up or, if all is well, put your mind at ease.

Mad_Max_Esq Jun 28, 2012 6:05 am

I never add middle names for domestic and international flights on Delta and every other airline. Never had a problem.

MSPeconomist Jun 28, 2012 6:08 am

Have you tried entering the middle name in the first name field after a space?

dcline414 Jun 28, 2012 6:11 am

Originally Posted by DCdeacon (Post 18834084)
When entering the "Passenger information," there is only a field for first name and last name, and not a field for middle name.

Where are you seeing this?

When I look on my SkyMiles profile or click 'Provide TSA Secure Flight Information' on an itinerary, I see fields for first, middle, and last name. I can't find anywhere where the middle name field is missing.

mgi Jun 28, 2012 6:18 am

I had a similar issue with an international Delta award ticket a few weeks ago - I am not a Delta frequent flier but had some old miles I could redeem. Anyhow, the actual reservation does not take a middle name but the TSA secure passenger details have it and they should match the passport. That worked fine for me without any issues flying our of EWR and back in.