FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Have you ever been scared to be SkyPriority? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1360655-have-you-ever-been-scared-skypriority.html)

JDErickson Jun 26, 2012 10:07 am

Have you ever been scared to be SkyPriority?

A few months back and mechanical issues delayed many flights into DTW. Lots of people missed connections and were queued up for the TWO Delta reps to help all hundred or so people with hotel vouchers. etc.

I walk casually up to the SkyPriority lane and am called next thus skipping the hundred people.

Never felt such angry eyes on me and the mumbled comments as I walked away were a little frightening.

Has Medallion status become dangerous?

querb Jun 26, 2012 10:12 am

Originally Posted by JDErickson (Post 18823344)
A few months back and mechanical issues delayed many flights into DTW. Lots of people missed connections and were queued up for the TWO Delta reps to help all hundred or so people with hotel vouchers. etc.

I walk casually up to the SkyPriority lane and am called next thus skipping the hundred people.

Never felt such angry eyes on me and the mumbled comments as I walked away were a little frightening.

Has Medallion status become dangerous?

this is a joke, right?

mendel k Jun 26, 2012 10:17 am

Scared, no. Dirty looks, yes. Then again, I've gotten comments sitting in f by pax going to y

querb Jun 26, 2012 10:23 am

Originally Posted by mendel k (Post 18823398)
Scared, no. Dirty looks, yes. Then again, I've gotten comments sitting in f by pax going to y

after being UG, had some teenagers walking through FC on their way to the back of the buss. she commented, this is where the rich people sit. I commented to her that i was R&I. she said what? i said Rich and Important

RRDD Jun 26, 2012 10:25 am

I had a similar experience at MSP. I was the 20th person in the Pre-Check line. Just across the rope was a lady who was the 200th person in the normal security line. She asked why the people in my line were so special. I told her that I was a personal friend of Bill Clinton and that he had given me a special pass that allowed me to avoid long security lines. She gave me look that said she was not voting for a Democrat next election.

HongKonger Jun 26, 2012 10:28 am

I prefer to handle it like George Clooney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDgFA...EB7CE7C93C93CF

plagwate Jun 26, 2012 10:46 am

Originally Posted by RRDD (Post 18823470)
I had a similar experience at MSP. I was the 20th person in the Pre-Check line. Just across the rope was a lady who was the 200th person in the normal security line. She asked why the people in my line were so special. I told her that I was a personal friend of Bill Clinton and that he had given me a special pass that allowed me to avoid long security lines. She gave me look that said she was not voting for a Democrat next election.

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/im...446sDoi6NA_ABQ

You really shouldn't taunt Michele Bachmann like that. :D

bsagator Jun 26, 2012 11:06 am

When traveling with a couple of friends and I get upgraded, they like to make some pretty embarrassing remarks when walking by.

psa727 Jun 26, 2012 11:07 am

Heck no, I am not scared. I just feel it is a priviledge for flying so often. After today's trip, I will have 68 segments and hopefully well on my way to platinum.

SFOFlyer2 Jun 26, 2012 11:08 am

Originally Posted by plagwate (Post 18823627)
You really shouldn't taunt Michele Bachmann like that. :D

^^^

Bicostal Jun 26, 2012 11:17 am

Originally Posted by psa727 (Post 18823755)
Heck no, I am not scared. I just feel it is a priviledge for flying so often. After today's trip, I will have 68 segments and hopefully well on my way to platinum.

Congrats - and once you become Kryptonium...

Last week as I was boarding, the GA was doing her best to greet passengers by name - and in this case she was doing the name plus rank..."Nice to have on board Dr. Bicostal....and thank you for being...." and I interjected - Kryptonium - thought she was going to lose it. Apparently she's met a few before.
:D

DLdweeb Jun 26, 2012 11:45 am

Assuming you earned SP the honest way (via BIS MQMs), you march right up to the SP line and let the others wait!! And feel free to linger, asking the TA about alternative routings, SDC opportunities, etc. To do anything less will result in confiscation of your DYKWIA credentials.

BeachBum770 Jun 26, 2012 11:48 am

Originally Posted by Bicostal (Post 18823824)
Congrats - and once you become Kryptonium...

Last week as I was boarding, the GA was doing her best to greet passengers by name - and in this case she was doing the name plus rank..."Nice to have on board Dr. Bicostal....and thank you for being...." and I interjected - Kryptonium - thought she was going to lose it. Apparently she's met a few before.
:D

I need to remember that on the next trip!^

fti Jun 26, 2012 12:11 pm

Originally Posted by DLdweeb (Post 18823996)
Assuming you earned SP the honest way (via BIS MQMs), you march right up to the SP line and let the others wait!!

The "honest way" is whatever way DL allows one to qualify. All BIS, all credit card MQM's, some combination of both. Doesn't matter what you or I think. What matters is what DL says :)

sbagdon Jun 26, 2012 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by psa727 (Post 18823755)

Ummm... I flew once last year, and seem to remember that I got to use SkyPriority. I'm scheduled to fly once this year, and again presume I get to use SkyPriority.

Back when I was a BIS NW Plat, I had no issues using whatever short line was made available to me.