Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Have you ever been scared to be SkyPriority?

Have you ever been scared to be SkyPriority?

Old Feb 21, 19, 10:04 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Lifetime Plat Premier, HHonrs Diamond
Funny how times change.
Sky Priority is now the 4th boarding group out of 8.
And, at least in ATL, Sky Priority bag drop takes longer than the regular lines and 10 minutes longer than SkyCap out on the curb.
No envy or hate there.
Old Feb 21, 19, 1:37 pm

I got that feeling last week as my arrival plane was deplaning while my next one was boarding, by time we get to the boarding gate theres a huge line for zone 2 and 3 which I then bypasses to walk thru SP line. Wouldn't be so bad if then I didn't have to stand 5 feet into the jetbridge on a long line.
Old Feb 21, 19, 2:10 pm

Programs: UX Gold - SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by FlyBitcoin View Post
Funny how times change.
Sky Priority is now the 4th boarding group out of 8.
And, at least in ATL, Sky Priority bag drop takes longer than the regular lines and 10 minutes longer than SkyCap out on the curb.
No envy or hate there.
Forgot to mention that my experience is mainly AF based. They are now switching to zone boarding as well.
So far W/Y STE+ and Flex are SP and part of zone 2 out of 5 on European flights. STE zone 3.
F/J and some AF specific exclusive higher-tier elites zone 1. (club 2000, Skipper, Ultimate)
I hope that they won’t follow DL boarding pattern 😳

Last edited by catsniper75; Feb 21, 19 at 2:16 pm
Old Feb 21, 19, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA, UA, BA
Originally Posted by querb View Post
after being UG, had some teenagers walking through FC on their way to the back of the buss. she commented, this is where the rich people sit. I commented to her that i was R&I. she said what? i said Rich and Important
A cute little girl boarding with her frazzled-looking Mom once jumped up and down at the row across from me and squealed, "Here we are Mommy! Here's our seats!" With a world-weary grin, Mom said, "No, honey--that's where you sit when you're traveling with Daddy. Today you sit in the back with Mommy."
Old Feb 22, 19, 5:28 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by catsniper75 View Post

You definelty made the point. 😀
As a late twenties European guy with some younthness everlasting roots, I am always the younger (among pax obviously travelling for business, excluding their kids) to move through all the SkyPriority path / Business lounge facilities.

Few people of my age have these privileges, even a fewer proportion travelling only for private purpose as I do.
So to non-priority pax mad at me, I just prefer arousing Envy than Pity for a « benefit » I earned the hard way.

Carry on and DYKWIA before the zone boarding kill this benefit
Wow – what a blast from the past! That post was from 7 years ago, but I stand by it!
Old Feb 23, 19, 2:18 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
I'm far more scared NOT to be SkyPriority. You'd have to be nuts not to want to have Medallion status in my humble opinion.
MSPeconomist and MarkP24 like this.
Old Feb 23, 19, 2:28 am

Programs: UX Gold - SkyTeam Elite Plus
Originally Posted by DCBob View Post
I'm far more scared NOT to be SkyPriority. You'd have to be nuts not to want to have Medallion status in my humble opinion.
Exactly.
I know a friend who is scared to use the SP lane at boarding, like he is not entitled to this benefit.
Well as long as it is mentionned on BP, just skip all the coach line 😌
davidlhanson likes this.
Old Feb 24, 19, 3:03 am

Programs: Priority Club, Marriot Rewards, Delta Skymiles, AAdvantage
Not a bit scared. My wife and I fly first class or business class whenever we travel by air. We also have Global Entry which includes TSA PreChk. We are close to 70 and gray and my wife has trouble walking.
We usually preboard because the inclined jetways are hard for her to negotiate.
We are not scared to use what we have paid for. When we were younger we used to travel in economy worldwide including multiple RTW trips.
onebigworld likes this.
Old Feb 24, 19, 8:13 am

Programs: DL PM
There are a few—too few!—perks of being old. One of them is you stop caring about the stories that strangers make up in their heads about you. I still aim to be empathetic, polite, considerate of others, etc. Using whatever lane is on my boarding pass is perfectly consistent with that.
davidlhanson and BSAChris like this.
Old Feb 24, 19, 5:01 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold; Ex UA 1K & AA EXP
Originally Posted by DCBob View Post
My feelings exactly!
Old Feb 27, 19, 12:27 pm

Not with Delta, but a few years ago i did a business flight on Turkish connecting in Istanbul. The Business class line for transit security merged in with the regular line right before security but there was no one near it to monitor. So it was nothing but pissed off people in a long line not wanting to let anyone merge in.
Old Feb 27, 19, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold; Ex UA 1K & AA EXP
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
Not with Delta, but a few years ago i did a business flight on Turkish connecting in Istanbul. The Business class line for transit security merged in with the regular line right before security but there was no one near it to monitor. So it was nothing but pissed off people in a long line not wanting to let anyone merge in.
Sometimes the regular line is shorter than the Sky Priority line....