Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Have you ever been scared to be SkyPriority?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Have you ever been scared to be SkyPriority?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Global Entry, SPG Platinum, SSG Platinum, Tuborg Gold
Shorts???????

Originally Posted by Bicostal
It's not a choice between suits and shorts. It's a choice between looking like you actually care about your appearance or looking like a slob. Old man legs or not attractive.
And some of us would say that it's more about keeping your nose in your own business.

If you don't like shorts, don't wear them. If you don't like others in shorts (pasty white legs or whatever) then put your face back in your book or magazine or ipad or wherever.

Seriously...shorts? Are you 116 years old? It's ludicrous to be concerned about, or even notice, other people's shorts...

What is your stance on plus fours? Capris? Are you still troubled by these kids and their rock n roll?

I can only imagine you're pulling everyone's leg here...mostly because I refuse to believe that anyone cares that much about shorts.

My goodness; you have yourself to thank for my newfound interest in wearing shorts on airplanes. And I'm going with Dolphin shorts, too...2 sizes too small.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:41 pm

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by Foulsham
And some of us would say that it's more about keeping your nose in your own business.
Just curious......how old are you?
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:59 pm

Programs: DL 3MM, US 972k (AA 0.0k), Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hertz G, Nurburgring in 8:29
Originally Posted by doubleA
I still thought you showing off your entitlements, deserved or not, were a bit over the top... and yeah, you were abusive.

I really enjoy traveling and flying, for pleasure and business, and I do quite a bit of it it seems. The conveniences offered to frequent travelers make a hectic life a little bit easier. I do take satisfaction in being treated well by the airlines and hotels that I frequent, and thankfully that comes through in situations where everything doesn't go according to plan...

I don't necessarily think the PM you trumped 3x over, and eventually just trying to push her buttons though exhibits the kind of camaraderie that road warriors should have and I hope I don't have to fly with you anytime soon.
Shrug. I'm actually one hell of a friend and ally, but to each their own. If you read the story close, you'll see I never asked or deliberately tried to trump them until the end after they themselves went over the top with their dirty looks and maneurism... Yet my manners are the ones you're repulsed by.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by Tomphot
Just curious......how old are you?
I'm 105, which means that this is quite obviously a generational battle with one my elders. You?

Old enough to have smoked on the airplane. Old enough to have seen Cheech and Chong's Up In Smoke at the drive-in upon its release. Old enough to have flown Wings West out of Santa Monica airport. Old enough to remember why the mascot of Tustin High School is the Tiller. Old enough to remember a few George Burns and Gracie Allen jokes...

Old enough. Why do you ask?
Old Jun 30, 2012, 1:47 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
I'm 105, which means that this is quite obviously a generational battle with one my elders. You?

Old enough to have smoked on the airplane. Old enough to have seen Cheech and Chong's Up In Smoke at the drive-in upon its release. Old enough to have flown Wings West out of Santa Monica airport. Old enough to remember why the mascot of Tustin High School is the Tiller. Old enough to remember a few George Burns and Gracie Allen jokes...

Lack of a social conscience is not necessarily an age related criterion

Fly as you like. I will.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 5:34 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Nor is the ability to remain on-topic in a thread that discusses passive-aggressive intimidation by non-frequent flyers when using the SkyPriority line. Bazinga!
Old Jun 30, 2012, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by photojojo
. . . I never asked or deliberately tried to trump them until . . .
The fact that anybody would even consider attempting to "trump" another passenger for whatever reason speaks volumes about that person's maturity level.
Old Jun 30, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
hairy bowlegged pasty white old man legs ..... Now thats attractive.
I'll leave that role to someone else.... and growing up in Boca, the candidate list is limitless.

Originally Posted by nogophers
That boat sailed a long time ago. Suits are for weddings and funerals.
Until DL can properly regulate the temperature on their planes, I'm all for shorts.
Until DL has an F product that we're willing pay for (and P/A don't cout), and not hope for, the dress-code shall remain modified.

C'mon... there's some of us out here who remember the difference between suits for a formal afternoon vs. evening wedding, and when it's proper to wear a white vs. black bow tie. Yet DL F product... I'm still going with that resort-casual is perfectly acceptable, and that includes shorts.

In the meantime, I haven't felt overt aggresive anger over uing the SP/F/etc line. And I figure if it happens, it speaks much of the projector.

Last edited by sbagdon; Jun 30, 2012 at 8:41 am
Old Jun 30, 2012, 10:04 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors

If you don't like shorts, don't wear them. If you don't like others in shorts (pasty white legs or whatever) then put your face back in your book or magazine or ipad or wherever.

Seriously...shorts? Are you 116 years old? It's ludicrous to be concerned about, or even notice, other people's shorts...

What is your stance on plus fours? Capris? Are you still troubled by these kids and their rock n roll?

I can only imagine you're pulling everyone's leg here...mostly because I refuse to believe that anyone cares that much about shorts.

My goodness; you have yourself to thank for my newfound interest in wearing shorts on airplanes. And I'm going with Dolphin shorts, too...2 sizes too small.
If you're going, go all the way. 1970s NBA nuthuggers.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 8:56 am

Fly as you like. I will.
Yes, wearing shorts is the most clear evidence of a 'lack of social conscience' that I know of.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by HongKonger
I prefer to handle it like George Clooney.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDgFA...EB7CE7C93C93CF
Almost as good as the Kryptonium benefits but the goal is 10 million lightyears.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL PM & Kryptonium, Hilton Diamond, National Exec Elite

Looks like you and I are the same age.
Old Jul 2, 2012, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by tentseller
I had one incident when I got to the SP line without anyone in it. The person at the front of the normal line said: "the line-up starts back there" and pointed to the end of the normal check-in line.
I replied: "Your line starts back there; My line starts here."
I had something similar happen to me at some time ago at FLL where the line for security was backed waaaaaaaay up. The folks in the Line for the Great Unwashed had helpfully left space for people leaving the check-in counter, but when I turned and then stopped to tuck my ticket in my pocket, instead of proceeding to the rear of the line, the angry prole at the back of the break in the line (thinking I was line-jumping him) made a big show of saying, in his best Angry Dad Voice "The END of the line is BACK THERE!". I looked over at him and said, calmly and with a smile, "Not for me" and strolled off to the security checkpoint.

I don't believe in being an instigator, but if someone wants to throw a tantrum, that's not my problem. Happily, being a Big Ugly, most people leave me alone.

O/H
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, DL 1MM, AA Exec Plat
By far the best thread on FT
Old Jul 2, 2012, 3:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Occupationalhazard
I had something similar happen to me at some time ago at FLL where the line for security was backed waaaaaaaay up. The folks in the Line for the Great Unwashed had helpfully left space for people leaving the check-in counter, but when I turned and then stopped to tuck my ticket in my pocket, instead of proceeding to the rear of the line, the angry prole at the back of the break in the line (thinking I was line-jumping him) made a big show of saying, in his best Angry Dad Voice "The END of the line is BACK THERE!". I looked over at him and said, calmly and with a smile, "Not for me" and strolled off to the security checkpoint.

I don't believe in being an instigator, but if someone wants to throw a tantrum, that's not my problem. Happily, being a Big Ugly, most people leave me alone.

O/H
The sad thing is that Americans will become extremely agitated with each other about the lines at the airport, which in the long run is a trivial matter, but don't seem angry about the staggering inequities in society at large, such as Wall Street bankers making millions while they screw up the entire world's financial system and throw people out of their homes. If Americans got as angry about that as they do about tiny privileges like elite security lines, America would be a much different and much better place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.