Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta/KLM itinerary under AF reservation

Delta/KLM itinerary under AF reservation

Old Jun 15, 2012, 10:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CALlegacy
My experience was that a Y class KLM flight could not be accessed within the 30 hour opening until the TATL had been flown. What I can't assert for sure is that we made the attempt exactly on klm.com with the KL confirmation code, i's dotted, t's crossed. I don't know what would have happened if the ticket had been KL only on a different PNR. By contrast, on A3, separate PNR, a person can get intra-europe seat assignments 48 hours out, on-line, in Y.

It is certainly true that one can go to klm.com with a DL confirmation code and assign J seats intra-Europe weeks ahead of flight schedule.
I admit I've never tried to assign KLM seats in Y, I just know about 30 hours to OLCI and my experiences in how the 30 hours seems to be counted, at least for WBC and Euro business or whatever it's called now.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Thanks all!

So, to sum it up, Delta.com will accept the AF/KL code and I should make the DL leg seat assignments with them.

Then, to make KLM assignments 30hrs out (it's intra-Europe Y), I could either try to do it at the airport or do it through KLM.com, using the AF code.
Old Jun 15, 2012, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
For the KLM seats, if you can't pick a seat 30 hours in advance, you could try to do it on a cell phone after you have boarded the TATL flight on DL and before the aircraft door is closed. The requirement might well be after you have boarded the first flight, not after the flight has been completed and you have landed in AMS. It's worth a try; please report back.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.