GM not upgrade-eligible on award tickets?

Old Jun 13, 12, 8:45 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Level of award does factor into the equation as does fare class on pay with miles tickets.
Old Jun 13, 12, 8:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PRWeezer View Post
Level of award does factor into the equation as does fare class on pay with miles tickets.
Source? And are pay with miles tickets lower for upgrade priority than award tickets (within the same elite level)?
Old Jun 13, 12, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Originally Posted by marbles dad View Post
to bump this up, i am PM and will be doing lax- msy on an award ticket soon.
it accepted the upgrade request, but where in the pecking order would i be in the upgrade queue since it is an award? .
This last weekend I got upgraded (PM on award ticket) on both upgradeable legs of an award ticket. IND- SLC on Saturday and SLC - IND on Sunday evening. The IND-SLC was upgraded 5 days out and the SLC-IND 24 hours before. GRANTED - I do not know who else was in the cabin and what their priorities were. Both of these legs were on an A320.
Old Jun 13, 12, 9:12 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR View Post
This last weekend I got upgraded (PM on award ticket) on both upgradeable legs of an award ticket. IND- SLC on Saturday and SLC - IND on Sunday evening. The IND-SLC was upgraded 5 days out and the SLC-IND 24 hours before. GRANTED - I do not know who else was in the cabin and what their priorities were. Both of these legs were on an A320.
You were lucky. Upgrades on the A320 are tough.
Old Jun 13, 12, 10:16 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Source? And are pay with miles tickets lower for upgrade priority than award tickets (within the same elite level)?
As to the second question, they can be grouped together according to elite status/pay with miles fare class/award level, in descending order (and let's not forget Reserve). Perhaps those in this situation could find a chatty gate agent who would give them the full breakdown on upgrade priority.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: