Wiki Posts
Search

2 abreast row in Y on 757-200

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2012, 11:30 pm
Original Poster

2 abreast row in Y on 757-200

Hello all,

Taking DL631 PIT->CDG over the summer. Seating chart shows row 18 right-hand-side has only 2 seats (exit row) whereas its 3 abreast going the rest of the way back. Seat guru labels these as "good seats" and makes no mention of galley/lav noise. Anyone have any perspective on these buckets? I'll be traveling with my mother, so kind of nice to have a row to ourselves and the extra leg-room, I thought. Am I missing anything? Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2012, 2:33 am

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
If that's a 757-200er (75e), then yes, those are very good seats. Plenty of leg room. The galley and bathroom, though, are right in front of you, so there might be some noise. When I sat in 19c, though, which is right across, it didn't bother me
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:15 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
IIRC, the leg room is so so. I still prefer 19C. One thing I can tell you for sure, is, that if someone is in 19F, they seem to scoot forward, and around 18D/E to use the lav, vs disturbing 19D/E.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: Delta DM, MM
While I like those seats, others see the extra space as a place to hang around, and the waiting area for the lav. When we sit there, once in the air, we move bags down to discourage this use of what we see as our space.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: DL DM
If you can get the Economy Comfort for free, I suggest 19B & 19C... better legroom and extra recline. If you have to pay for Economy Comfort 18 D & 18E are more than fine unless you're very tall. I have sat in both.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 1:11 pm

If it has been reconfigured out of existence, the transcontinental row 35 is the best as they are crew rest on transatlantic trips so have the extra leg room, full seat cushion and arm rest as well as having no one behind.
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:00 pm
Original Poster

AVOD?

Thanks for the responses, all. Only a GM, so I'm going to stick with them. Is AVOD screen on the wall in front or in some other format?
Old Jun 4, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by westand
Thanks for the responses, all. Only a GM, so I'm going to stick with them. Is AVOD screen on the wall in front or in some other format?
It's a fold up screen on the side of the seat that must be stowed for takeoff and landing.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by davetravels
IIRC, the leg room is so so. I still prefer 19C. One thing I can tell you for sure, is, that if someone is in 19F, they seem to scoot forward, and around 18D/E to use the lav, vs disturbing 19D/E.
+1. I have also seen this a few times in on the last couple of flights I have taken. We were in 18, guy in 19F asked me if I minded if he came beside us to get out vs making his two friends get up to let him out.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 3:43 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I sat in that row with my Father recently. Granted, the flight was only MSY-ATL but they really are a great pair. You are first served and also first off the plane too. The only annoying aspect is finding overhead bin space if you aren't on the plane quickly.
Old Jun 5, 2012, 4:25 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by davetravels
+1. But it's better than having to get up for the guy in the window...IMO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.