FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Check-in on DL ticket with KL first leg (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1352508-check-dl-ticket-kl-first-leg.html)

CEUflyer Jun 2, 2012 12:50 pm

Check-in on DL ticket with KL first leg

I am hoping the experts can give me some advice. I did a search of the forum and was suprised I could not find the answers. In a couple of weeks Mrs. CEUflyer and I are flying CPH-AMS-ATL-YYY, where YYY are different cities in the US (so we are on separate PNRs). CPH-AMS is on KL, the rest is DL. They are DL tickets.
I know that KL opens intra-europe seat selection and check-in at T-30 hours. Here are my questions:

1) Where do we check-in online? delta.com or klm.com?
2) When can we check-in online? T-30 or T-24 from the first flight on Delta metal (AMS-ATL). I'd like to have a good shot at adjacent seats CPH-AMS.
3) Are there any pitfalls or problems we are likely to encounter?

We only have 1.5 hours in AMS so, I'd really like to avoid having to get onward BPs there. I do have the KLM record locators. KLM shows all of my flights correctly, but for Mrs. CEUflyer, it only lists the lone KLM flight (though the ticket on dl.com looks fine). I guessing this could complicate things.

Thanks in advance for your help!

avidflyer Jun 2, 2012 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by CEUflyer (Post 18685945)
I am hoping the experts can give me some advice. I did a search of the forum and was suprised I could not find the answers. In a couple of weeks Mrs. CEUflyer and I are flying CPH-AMS-ATL-YYY, where YYY are different cities in the US (so we are on separate PNRs). CPH-AMS is on KL, the rest is DL. They are DL tickets.
I know that KL opens intra-europe seat selection and check-in at T-30 hours. Here are my questions:

2) When can we check-in online? T-30 or T-24 from the first flight on Delta metal (AMS-ATL). I'd like to have a good shot at adjacent seats CPH-AMS.

We only have 1.5 hours in AMS so, I'd really like to avoid having to get onward BPs there. I do have the KLM record locators. KLM shows all of my flights correctly, but for Mrs. CEUflyer, it only lists the lone KLM flight (though the ticket on dl.com looks fine). I guessing this could complicate things.

You must check in with KLM if that is your first leg. DL.com will automatically re-direct you.

choijw Jun 2, 2012 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by CEUflyer (Post 18685945)

avidflyer pretty much answered everything but just to be clear:

1) klm.com with your e-ticket number (006....) delta.com will send you there if you try to do it from "my trips".
2) T-30 on klm.com. T-24 on delta.com (the check-in button wont show up). so just go directly to klm.com
3) just open 2 browsers and make you sure you get seats next to each other on the first segment. you need to fill in your passport info.

CEUflyer Jun 2, 2012 1:53 pm

Thanks for the replies. Just to confirm, if I check-in at T-30 on klm.com, will I get onward BPs for the DL segments?

choijw Jun 2, 2012 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by CEUflyer (Post 18686198)
Thanks for the replies. Just to confirm, if I check-in at T-30 on klm.com, will I get onward BPs for the DL segments?

Yes. It prints all on one page if I remember correctly.