Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can't access delta.com for free on gogo any more?

Old Jun 1, 12, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold

I tried to access delta.com yesterday using my phone and all it did was send me to the gogo log in screen. Tried several times on two different flights but no dice. Can we no longer access delta.com for free with gogo? It worked fine for the Delta app.
Old Jun 1, 12, 6:54 am

Worked fine for me on four separate flights over the last three days.
Old Jun 2, 12, 8:31 am
Suspended

Works For Me

Originally Posted by Kwaj boy View Post
I tried to access delta.com yesterday using my phone and all it did was send me to the gogo log in screen. Tried several times on two different flights but no dice. Can we no longer access delta.com for free with gogo? It worked fine for the Delta app.
Works just fine for moi.
Old Jun 2, 12, 10:25 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
There are probably kinks from time to time (just like in the SC's) but it worked perfectly for me last week.
Old Jun 2, 12, 2:42 pm

Programs: DL 2xMillion Miler, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott/Hilton Gold Life
Could be a Gogo/Aircell network/routing issue.

Free delta.com (and iOS app) worked fine for me on 5/31 and 6/1 (both 757 aircraft).
Old Jun 2, 12, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL Silver (MM), Marriott LT Plat, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Worked fine for me last weekend. Also was buying things like crazy on Amazon, for free.
Old Jun 4, 12, 7:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I did yesterday on an ipad.
Old Jun 4, 12, 8:31 pm

Programs: AA GM, DL DM, DSC
I think you just experienced another superb, best in class GoGo performance... or why I got tried of paying for the exact same experience and haven't for a long time now.
Old Jun 4, 12, 9:46 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I did yesterday on an ipad.
Same here. Also drooled over some pricey jewelry on Gilt
Old Jun 10, 12, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Just tried again on today's flights...still no dice. It takes me right to the gogo log in page with a disclaimer that says that I have to be logged into gogo to access delta.com. What gives? This has always worked for me except for my last four flights in a row. Now...a rock.
Old Jun 10, 12, 4:38 pm
Company Representative - GogoAir

Sounds like you might have a proxy server set on your machine - that is the only way to explain why our servers think you are requesting a different URL. Is this a corporate laptop or something else with specific settings that route traffic through a different server (VPN, proxy, TOR server etc...)?
Old Jun 11, 12, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gogo View Post
Sounds like you might have a proxy server set on your machine - that is the only way to explain why our servers think you are requesting a different URL. Is this a corporate laptop or something else with specific settings that route traffic through a different server (VPN, proxy, TOR server etc...)?
This is my Droid smart phone that I had used to successfully access delta.com using the wifi setting many times in the past. There have been no changes to my phone but now when I select delta.com it takes me right to gogo's login page and specifically says I have to be logged into gogo to access delta.com. Using the Delta app still works just fine using the gogo wifi.
Old Jun 11, 12, 9:52 am
Company Representative - GogoAir

Originally Posted by Kwaj boy View Post
This is my Droid smart phone that I had used to successfully access delta.com using the wifi setting many times in the past. There have been no changes to my phone but now when I select delta.com it takes me right to gogo's login page and specifically says I have to be logged into gogo to access delta.com. Using the Delta app still works just fine using the gogo wifi.
Could you please PM me with your flight number so I can pass this on to our operations team?
Old Jun 11, 12, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gogo View Post
Could you please PM me with your flight number so I can pass this on to our operations team?
Done.
Old Jun 11, 12, 12:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MissJ View Post
Same here. Also drooled over some pricey jewelry on Gilt
However, I did notice the anti-bot protection device of needing to type in some numbers and letters before GoGo let me on and I'm not sure this was required when DL first installed GoGo and one wanted to go to delta.dumb for free. I don't remember needing to go to this step, which looks more like part of a login procedure for paid GoGo service or the use of a free code.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: