Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyClub for Plat. Elite for USA->Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2012, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

I am flying from JFK to YYZ on Award ticket.

Do I get complimentary admission to SkyClub ( at JFK) for being a Plat. Elite and being on International itinerary ? ....What about YYZ club for return ?
Old May 27, 2012, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
It certainly sounds that way to me... (bolding mine)

SkyTeam Elite Plus (including Delta Diamond, Platinum or Gold Medallion) traveling in any cabin on a SkyTeam international flight* or a SkyTeam domestic flight connecting to/from a same-day international flight (includes same-day travel on a Delta domestic flight connecting to an international Delta—or any other SkyTeam partner—flight). If traveling on a domestic itinerary, please show a Delta Sky Club membership card for lounge access.
Old May 27, 2012, 7:00 pm

You can access any Delta lounge at JFK, or the Oasis lounge in terminal 4. On the return from Toronto, there won't be any lounge available to you, as Delta/SkyTeam does not have one in the US departures area.
Old May 27, 2012, 8:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by akonradi
You can access any Delta lounge at JFK, or the Oasis lounge in terminal 4. On the return from Toronto, there won't be any lounge available to you, as Delta/SkyTeam does not have one in the US departures area.
However, there's a transborder Plaza Premium lounge in Priority Pass, although IIRC the last time I used the AA lounge with Priority Pass before my DL flight.

Check delta.dumb carefully for lounge access rules. I'm not sure Canada counts as international and when I last looked, only certain transborder flights seemed to allow lounge use based on GM and PM status.
Old May 27, 2012, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by lsumegan
It certainly sounds that way to me... (bolding mine)

SkyTeam Elite Plus (including Delta Diamond, Platinum or Gold Medallion) traveling in any cabin on a SkyTeam international flight* or a SkyTeam domestic flight connecting to/from a same-day international flight (includes same-day travel on a Delta domestic flight connecting to an international Delta—or any other SkyTeam partner—flight). If traveling on a domestic itinerary, please show a Delta Sky Club membership card for lounge access.
Yep, Canada will work for lounge access (as will Mexico). For completeness, the asterisk above excludes Caribbean destinations for lounge access.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 8:57 am

Sorry to revive an old thread, I figured this is the most relevant

I want to travel from Toronto to San Juan (PR) via New York (DL 4100 connecting to DL 301), the YYZ-JFK segment is booked in first, and JFK-SJU segment booked in business. Would I have skyclub access @ JFK ? I have no status with Delta whatsoever and am uncertain of the access rules as it applies to me

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, as long as you are in FC for the YYZ-JFK section you will have access (note that if you were in a CRJ-200 for YYZ-JFK you would not qualify as it does not have FC and JFK-SJU in BE does not qualify as SJU is both domestic and in the Caribbean - so it has two strikes).
Old Nov 28, 2013, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Are you sure you are in F SEAT YYZ JFK? You may be booked in F for the complete trip but there is no F seats between YYZ and JFK on th CRJ200s.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 1:01 pm

DL 4100 operated by Endeavor Air DBA (Delta Connections) on CRJ-900 - first 4 rows are first class 1-2 seating remaining 16 rows 2-2 seating

Good to hear I'll have access @ JFK. JFK-SJU is 737-800 (winglets ?) in BusinessElite which I gather is not a true "elite" product

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.