Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 5:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by George84

So this happened to me...
Don't see an issue, unless he was doing this for lengthy period of time. He's simply stretching his muscles.
eric_o likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: DL - PM (demoted with Amex waiver increase) and 1 MM

Dude, at least take your boots off.
TheHorta likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 8:53 am

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by Zorak
I don't understand. There's still a tray between the glasses and the actual floor, right? Sure, it's psychologically weird, but the glasses should still be fine?
I mean, I don't put my mouth anywhere close to the bulkhead, but we all agree that feet on a bulkhead is gross? Yes, the tray is there but I don't believe the trays are solid on the bottom. Even if the glass doesn't come directly in contact with the floor, it certainly doesn't look good.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 9:19 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by TuxTom
I mean, I don't put my mouth anywhere close to the bulkhead, but we all agree that feet on a bulkhead is gross?
That puts the bottom of shoes/feet directly in contact with the bulkhead though, and is also about social norms (that granted everyone doesn't necessarily agree with, but...)

Yes, the tray is there but I don't believe the trays are solid on the bottom. Even if the glass doesn't come directly in contact with the floor, it certainly doesn't look good.
Fair point, if the bottom of the tray is an open grid (like a drying rack or something) then I'd reconsider. If it's completely solid like a cafeteria or fast food restaurant tray then I have no issue with it.

I agree it looks weird either way, but in the latter case I don't think it's actually gross or anything.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:05 am

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by Zorak
I don't understand. There's still a tray between the glasses and the actual floor, right? Sure, it's psychologically weird, but the glasses should still be fine?
To me this looks like a violation of 4-903.11 of the FDA Food Code.
Storing 4-903.11 Equipment, Utensils, Linens, and Single-Service and Single-Use Articles.

(A)Except as specified in ¶ (D) of this section, cleaned EQUIPMENT and UTENSILS, laundered LINENS, and SINGLE-SERVICE and SINGLE-USE ARTICLES shall be stored:
(1) In a clean, dry location;
(2) Where they are not exposed to splash, dust, or other contamination; and
(3) At least 15 cm (6 inches) above the floor.

(B) Clean EQUIPMENT and UTENSILS shall be stored as specified under ¶ (A) of this section and shall be stored:
(1) In a self-draining position that allows air drying; and
(2) Covered or inverted.

(C) SINGLE-SERVICE and SINGLE-USE ARTICLES shall be stored as specified under ¶ (A) of this section and shall be kept in the original protective PACKAGE or stored by using other means that afford protection from contamination until used.

(D) Items that are kept in closed PACKAGES may be stored less than 15 cm (6 inches) above the floor on dollies, pallets, racks, and skids that are designed as specified under § 4-204.122.
AKC6, Zorak and altabello like this.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
I mean, I don't put my mouth anywhere close to the bulkhead, but we all agree that feet on a bulkhead is gross? Yes, the tray is there but I don't believe the trays are solid on the bottom. Even if the glass doesn't come directly in contact with the floor, it certainly doesn't look good.
No we don't all agree feet on a bulkhead is gross. A simple look through this thread will disprove that statement. This thread reads more as a foot fetish forum then anything. I've suggested it before, put a paywall up and charge for access to this thread.

I do get why some have an issue. However the way I look at it, your mouth and hands aren't going on the wall.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by jgers1j

Dude, at least take your boots off.
His legs probably cramped up since he is sitting in the awful 739 bulkhead seats.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: Delta DM for now
Originally Posted by flyerCO
No we don't all agree feet on a bulkhead is gross. A simple look through this thread will disprove that statement. This thread reads more as a foot fetish forum then anything. I've suggested it before, put a paywall up and charge for access to this thread.

I do get why some have an issue. However the way I look at it, your mouth and hands aren't going on the wall.
Not the best wording, but that's why I had a question mark at the end of my sentence. I generally find the feet on bulkhead shaming to be a bit overblown. It's more the feet on armrests, tray tables, lounge furniture etc... that I think is a problem.

Originally Posted by Howste
To me this looks like a violation of 4-903.11 of the FDA Food Code.
This is essentially what I was thinking when I saw it and when I posted the photo here. I'm not a health inspector and I haven't worked in a kitchen since a part time job in high school, but I figured there had to be some sort of regulation about this kind of stuff.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
This is essentially what I was thinking when I saw it and when I posted the photo here. I'm not a health inspector and I haven't worked in a kitchen since a part time job in high school, but I figured there had to be some sort of regulation about this kind of stuff.
I'm not a health inspector either. I'm a quality systems auditor that mostly audits aerospace and automotive manufacturing. Around 10 years ago I also got into medical device and food production for a while, but have since dropped them.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 3:38 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
ATL B SC today

I try to have a live and let live, if it's not bothering you don't worry about it, attitude towards other passengers but this baffled me. I don't understand how that could be comfortable and lying on the floor in the middle of the lounge is strange behavior.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by CMK10
ATL B SC today

I try to have a live and let live, if it's not bothering you don't worry about it, attitude towards other passengers but this baffled me. I don't understand how that could be comfortable and lying on the floor in the middle of the lounge is strange behavior.
That AND dirty shoes resting where conventionally people's clean clothes would be. I mean just discourteous to the next person using that chair.
FlyingNone and dmarge18 like this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 5:28 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
I had a boss who had chronic back issues and would often spent part of the day working on his laptop while lying down on the couch. I forget if he ever laid down on the floor during a meeting.

That's different from in the middle of a SC with your feet up on the chair though.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 9:26 pm

Programs: DL DM PM
Originally Posted by defrosted
That AND dirty shoes resting where conventionally people's clean clothes would be. I mean just discourteous to the next person using that chair.
Plus he appears to be wearing a plastic bin liner?
Old Jun 7, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: DL PM
ATL B SC today

This is as close approximation of the “90 90 position” as you can probably get in that space. The position is often recommended for low back pain. While I wouldn’t lie down on a filthy public carpet and I wouldn’t put my feet up on anyone's furniture, I have lain on my own carpet and put my feet up on a chair in just this position for just that reason.
altabello and defrosted like this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure this a Delta flight, but have you seen this:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/9234...e-feet-flight/

Rodney Small - Flyer of the Year!

​​​​​​
NotHamSarnie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.