Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Old Apr 24, 2016, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL, AA
Originally Posted by nikitta28
I think hes listening to depeche mode
Or King Missile
Old Apr 24, 2016, 10:08 pm

Programs: delta dm
Hopefully that ladie didnt end up putting her feet on the tv ....thats the worst.😒
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:04 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Renes Points

and

What place is that (the lady's feet?)?
Old Apr 25, 2016, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by vgb2001
It looks like a 757 though all the ones I've been on have a closet between the F cabin and the F galley. Are these being removed on the reconfigured 757s? Maybe a 737 of some sort? Obviously a Boeing.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by cmd320
It looks like a 757 though all the ones I've been on have a closet between the F cabin and the F galley. Are these being removed on the reconfigured 757s? Maybe a 737 of some sort? Obviously a Boeing.
It was a reconfigured 757.
Old Apr 25, 2016, 6:03 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by vgb2001
Are you saying she's a lady?
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:01 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tmorse6570
I didn't get a photo either, but we got into it with a mother and her two kids flying back from HNL to LAX on a 757 with lie flat seats. I never get into heated arguments with other passengers, so this was a first.

We were in 3C and D. The mother was in 4B and her two 9? year olds were behind us in 4C and D. The seats are great. Lots of space so how on earth those two girls were able to stand on their hands (I'm guessing on the seats) and kick me with their bare feet in the head is beyond me.

The mother could see what was happening and did nothing until my partner stood up and told the girls to sit down. Before the kick to the head, they had both been kicking the backs of our seats for close to two hours. Which I don't get either, because they were both under 5 feet. I think they were bouncing around like it was a playroom or something. I was just praying for massive turbulence so they might slam into the ceiling or something.

So the mother gets into it and blames everything on Delta. I suggested she sit with one and keep them separated. No go. Then I suggested they sit down with their seat belts on. Nope. The mother wasn't having any of it. She kept rambling about how it was Delta's fault.

So I told her if they were incapable of behaving, maybe they should sit in coach. That got her going. She said "I paid for these seats!". I said "So did I and it isn't the flight attendants job to baby sit your damn kids so why is it Delta's fault!?"

The two attendants apologized to us and made extra rounds to check on the kids. They were pretty good for about 45 minutes and then started in again and meanwhile that waste of carbon mother did nothing.

OK. I'm finished. I love those seats and the big entertainment screens.
As a parent, kids are tough to control sometimes. But at this age they should know better. I would have walked behind the mothers seat and kicked it a few times when she did not expect it.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: AAEP, other airs, hotels, ccs
Dog Loose in Lounge?

Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
Disgusting. I like dogs - in the right place at the right time. I love children too -same comment.
Yes, I do put my bare or sandaled feet on bulkhead (tho not on screens or armrests), sometimes, but not often, leave junk around, and carry on too much stuff, but I would have said something to owner of small dog running loose in the lounge.

"I could never have a dog so small that I'd kill it if I stepped on it. Don't you worry about that happening? Bless your heart."

Have a good day....
Old Apr 26, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors DM, Marriott PT
Not My Best Friend!

I get that some people think their dogs are kids...but I don't.
There is a policy that addresses pets in the cabin. On this flight, no one including GA or FA cared. I had to sit next to this thing for 4 hours. At one point when trying to sleep, I was awoken by this little rat licking my arm.
Comfort dog my a$$!
Attached Images   
Old Apr 26, 2016, 6:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Emotional Support (ahem) Animals

Agree with s20mark, and here's some tips for those who might find themselves in a similar situation:

DL's rules
from above:
"Just as any other passenger with a disability, you are entitled to any available seat in which you are qualified to use and your animal is expected to be seated in the floor space below your seat. No animals are allowed to occupy seats that are designed for passengers."

"Please understand that with larger service animals or passengers with multiple service animals, we may need to re-accommodate you if the animal encroaches on other passengers or extends into aisles, which would be a violation of FAA regulations. "

(under Unacceptable Service/Support Animals)
"Animals improperly cleaned and/or with a foul odor"

from the FAA:

"A. Placement. A service animal may be placed at the feet of a person with a disability at any bulkhead seat or in any other seat as long as when the animal is seated/placed/curled up on the floor, no part of the animal extends into the main aisle(s)of the aircraft, the service animal is not at an emergency exit seat and the service animal does not extend into the foot space of another passenger seated nearby who does not wish to share foot space with the service animal.

B. Placement of lap held service animals. Lap held service animals (such as a monkey used by a person with mobility impairments) are discussed in the preamble to DOT Part 382 Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in Air Travel, issued in 1990(FR Vol. 55, No. 44 361990, pg. 8042). They are service animals that need to be in a persons lap to perform a service for that person. This service animal may sit in that persons lap for all phases of flight including ground movement, take off and landing provided that the service animal is no larger than a lap-held child (a child who has not reached his or her second birthday)."
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:25 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by tmorse6570
I didn't get a photo either, but we got into it with a mother and her two kids flying back from HNL to LAX on a 757 with lie flat seats. I never get into heated arguments with other passengers, so this was a first.

We were in 3C and D. The mother was in 4B and her two 9? year olds were behind us in 4C and D. The seats are great. Lots of space so how on earth those two girls were able to stand on their hands (I'm guessing on the seats) and kick me with their bare feet in the head is beyond me.

The mother could see what was happening and did nothing until my partner stood up and told the girls to sit down. Before the kick to the head, they had both been kicking the backs of our seats for close to two hours. Which I don't get either, because they were both under 5 feet. I think they were bouncing around like it was a playroom or something. I was just praying for massive turbulence so they might slam into the ceiling or something.

So the mother gets into it and blames everything on Delta. I suggested she sit with one and keep them separated. No go. Then I suggested they sit down with their seat belts on. Nope. The mother wasn't having any of it. She kept rambling about how it was Delta's fault.

So I told her if they were incapable of behaving, maybe they should sit in coach. That got her going. She said "I paid for these seats!". I said "So did I and it isn't the flight attendants job to baby sit your damn kids so why is it Delta's fault!?"

The two attendants apologized to us and made extra rounds to check on the kids. They were pretty good for about 45 minutes and then started in again and meanwhile that waste of carbon mother did nothing.

OK. I'm finished. I love those seats and the big entertainment screens.

Quietly whispering to the children that their mother is going to die when the plane lands from cancer and ISIS has killed their family can do wonders.

Bad parenting has no place on an airplane.
Old Apr 26, 2016, 7:51 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by s20mark
There is a policy that addresses pets in the cabin. On this flight, no one including GA or FA cared. I had to sit next to this thing for 4 hours. At one point when trying to sleep, I was awoken by this little rat licking my arm.
Comfort dog my a$$!
I would be pissed. File a complaint.
Old Apr 27, 2016, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Comfort dog my a$$!
Depending on the aircraft I believe some of the lavs are powerful enough to flush such a creature with ease...
Old Apr 27, 2016, 7:17 am

Programs: Delta Plat, Marriott Life Gold, ***Princess Status***
Originally Posted by dzflyer
I would be pissed. File a complaint.
Agreed
Old Apr 27, 2016, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Comfort dog my a$$!
I like dogs. I don't particularly like cats, but that's because I'm allergic and I don't begrudge the many people in the world who are cat lovers.

But there *is* a rule about keeping cabin pets in their carriers, no?

SFO-ATL the other day and the guy in front of me had his precious cute little kitten crawling all over him and his seatmates for the entire flight. First pass through the cabin during boarding and FA says the cat must stay in the carrier. Guy gets up and takes the carrier out of the overhead, grumbles, and stuffs the cat in.

For about 10 seconds before pulling it back out to frolic.

At least 5 separate times on the flight the FA told him to put the cat away, but back out it came every single time because "he gets nervous but he's well trained - we do this four or five times a year."

And let's not even start on his use of a training pad mid-flight to let the cat relieve itself, and the resulting odor that wafted through the cabin...

I really can't fault the FAs in this case - they couldn't do much more than just repeat their instructions. This guy thought he and his cat were holier than any rule or other passenger, apparently.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.