Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 12:48 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Well...I guess it isn't all THAAAAT bad since she DID use the blanket to cover her feet....or maybe she was just cold....

Either way...LAX-PHX last night.

And yeah...I'm going to post her pic with her face....who gives a crap. Welcome to the Digital Era of always being photographed.

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 6, 2013 at 3:07 am Reason: Removed inappropriate language.
Old Aug 6, 2013, 7:46 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Peatisback
The empty Arby's container in the seatback pocket just classes this up that much more.
You beat me to it!

Originally Posted by MS02113
Good lord. Too bad the passengers in the row ahead didn't swiftly recline and jam those wayward feet.

Mind blowing, isn't it?

In your lap, fine. Not sure if the tiny CRJ lavatories have changing tables anyway. But changing a diaper directly on a tray table or seat, especially in larger aircraft where changing tables are definitely available, is unacceptable.
CRJ lavs do have changing tables, but they're really only big enough for an infant. Had a heck of a time changing my 2-year old in that lav, but made it work because I'd only change a diaper in view of anyone else on the plane if I had no other option.

Originally Posted by 355F1
Well...I guess it isn't all THAAAAT bad since she DID use the blanket to cover her feet....or maybe she was just cold....

Either way...LAX-PHX last night.

And yeah...I'm going to post her pic with her face....who gives a crap. Welcome to the Digital Era of always being photographed.

If I were her I'd be more embarrassed about her reading material.

Last edited by Canarsie; Aug 13, 2013 at 11:31 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Couldn't get a picture, but the guy in 2D (I'm in 2C) took out nail clippers as we pushed back from the gate and spent the entire time through takeoff alternately using the clippers on his nails and biting his nails and spitting out the results. Every so often he would brush the debris off his jeans and into the carpet. It reminded me of a dog with a bone, only less clean. Disgusting. I wanted to say something, but what kind of adult needs to be told not to spit out his nail crud in public?
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:11 pm

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by CJKatl
...and biting his nails and spitting out the results...
I hope they weren't his toenails.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:31 pm

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
I hope they weren't his toenails.
Thank you for reminding me that it could have been even more disgusting.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 2:49 pm

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLFlyer16
Why would you ever take a picture of this? I think the fact that you took a picture of a sleeping man with a hand down his pants at a somewhat vulnerable and unsuspecting moment says more about you than anything else in the situation.

Also, I just found this thread and don't get where many people on here get off on criticizing others like this. If you are so concerned about feet or manners or butt cracks you should really say something to their face rather than to take a picture and post online only to further tout how well mannered you are. Last time I checked taking pictures of unsuspecting people in public and posting them to internet forums for ridicule may well be legal but is horribly horribly and rude disrespectful. It is fools like you all that eventually get in trouble for posting things on the internet that end up offending others.

I have had people put their feet up on the bulkhead or on my seat back and I just tell them to knock it off and 100% of the time they do what I politely ask them to. Unfortunately most of you don't have the guts to actually approach someone and tell them something like that and instead like to take pictures and post them online behind the veil of anonymity
I found telling people that their classless behavior is classless is like teaching a pig to sing. It frustrates me and annoys the pig. This is not a lot different than the People of Walmart
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
There's nothing wrong with sitting on the floor in a terminal. I'm sure I've sat down next to an outlet many times.

But why is the girl in the pink top lying on the floor in the middle of the concourse? I think I get the mindset: "My parents may have paid for my trip, but I'm going to prove how cool and bohemian I am by stretching out here."

Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:19 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles FO, Marriott Rewards, Hilton HHonors, Hertz #1 Club Gold
I'm not sure if anyone was traveling with her, but when I see someone who needs help, I help to the best of my ability. I was raised this way -- simply put, it's the right thing to do and you just do it.
SDF_Traveller, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar. I would hope that if someone close to me or even myself were mobility limited, someone would extend the kindness of helping them when needed. We need more people who help others "just because", especially when travelling.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 1:10 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Gotta love this: seated in Economy Comfort (aisle seat) from DTW-SLC on Sep 12th. Guy across the aisle and one row back abruptly vomits in a truly volcanic fashion. No, he doesn't bend forward and reach for a bag. Instead, this buffoon throws his head back and tries to cover his mouth with his hands, which does nothing but spray barf in all directions.

By our count, he sprayed no less than seven (7) fellow passengers, including me. (The flight was perfectly calm, btw, with no turbulence and nobody else feeling discomfort, at least not until this guy erupted.) Classless SOB apologized to no one, and basically just tried to shrug it off. Felt really bad for the crew, which had to mop up his seat -- a 40 minute chore.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Winged Wheel
Gotta love this: seated in Economy Comfort (aisle seat) from DTW-SLC on Sep 12th. Guy across the aisle and one row back abruptly vomits in a truly volcanic fashion. No, he doesn't bend forward and reach for a bag. Instead, this buffoon throws his head back and tries to cover his mouth with his hands, which does nothing but spray barf in all directions.

By our count, he sprayed no less than seven (7) fellow passengers, including me. (The flight was perfectly calm, btw, with no turbulence and nobody else feeling discomfort, at least not until this guy erupted.) Classless SOB apologized to no one, and basically just tried to shrug it off. Felt really bad for the crew, which had to mop up his seat -- a 40 minute chore.
OMG - that is gross.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat
forgot to post this one - that's my left arm armrest in seat 3A ex-DTW to DEN a few weeks back. Note to 4A, the curtain between cabins does not mean your bare feet are invisible to me. quite the contrary....

eeesh

Old Sep 29, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: EconoLodge Gold BedBug Elite
Originally Posted by Winged Wheel
Guy across the aisle and one row back abruptly vomits in a truly volcanic fashion.
Was he browsing FlyerTalk and reading this thread? Or did he just learn about MQD's?
Old Sep 29, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
OMG - that is gross.
+1000
Old Sep 29, 2013, 9:43 pm

Got a double bulkhead adventure this afternoon flying DCA to ATL. Passenger in 1A put her feet up on the bulkhead. At least her daughter (an Alpha Delta Pi from UGA) was cute. Passenger in 1C couldn't resist and did the same thing.

http://s2.postimg.cc/kmwfm26l5/IMG_1604.jpg
Old Sep 29, 2013, 9:57 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by wilsonnyc
forgot to post this one - that's my left arm armrest in seat 3A ex-DTW to DEN a few weeks back. Note to 4A, the curtain between cabins does not mean your bare feet are invisible to me. quite the contrary....

eeesh

This is when you whip out the sharpie and get to doodling!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.