FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1350303-hall-shame-photographic-evidence-disgusting-acts-delta-air-lines-passengers.html)

stewie7669 Feb 14, 2013 7:40 am

Originally Posted by mspflyer3 (Post 20245964)
How is there anything wrong with this? People put feet on furniture all the godd*mned time. I realize that doesn't make it OK, but I'm surprised that so many people find this as "disgusting" and "yuck!" they say. Germs are germs, they're all around us and they aren't going away.

It's not a germs thing... It's a rudeness thing.

Tomphot Feb 14, 2013 7:59 am

Thank you to those who go to the bathroom in their socks - I'm glad someone is drying the floor for the rest of us :)

mnredfox Feb 14, 2013 11:35 am

Picture coming of bulkhead pax with feet 10 feet in the air.

mspflyer3 Feb 14, 2013 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by stewie7669 (Post 20245983)
It's not a germs thing... It's a rudeness thing.

How is it rude? She's sitting there minding her own business. Or, god forbid, sleeping. And this thread is about physically disgusting acts, not rude acts. If it's rude, it should be in DYKWIA.

My point is not to split hairs, but my point is that I don't understand why sitting in a chair with your feet up is disgusting. If I did that and there were any soiling evident as a result, I would wipe the chair when I left. I bet many other people would too.

So if it's not a germ issue (and I disagree with that point - many in this thread would assert it is), explain to me how sitting with feet touching a chair is rude.

mnredfox Feb 16, 2013 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 20247658)

As promised...

http://catchingfeatures.com/aty/feetpax.jpg

Crazyhotelguy Feb 16, 2013 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10 (Post 20243060)
I go to the bathroom in my socks. I'm going to go ahead and wash my socks as soon as I get to my destination anyway and it's not like I'm going to be putting my socks in my mouth anytime soon.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww. doesn't that dampness between your toes bother you? I have heard urine is good for killing foot fungus, but never tried it myself..

Originally Posted by Tomphot (Post 20246103)
Thank you to those who go to the bathroom in their socks - I'm glad someone is drying the floor for the rest of us :)

^^^^^^^^^^

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 20260743)

Did he use the lav in those socks????:D

Howste Feb 16, 2013 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 20247658)

I expected to see 10 feet in the air. I only see two. :(

Tizzette Feb 16, 2013 10:06 pm

I don't see anything wrong with this guy's sock feet on the bulkhead wall. His feet aren't on the magazines that the next person would touch, he isn't encroaching on anybody else's space, and he's wearing socks, not shoes or bare feet. What's the big deal?

fattieonboard Feb 16, 2013 11:07 pm

Originally Posted by Tizzette (Post 20262269)
I don't see anything wrong with this guy's sock feet on the bulkhead wall. His feet aren't on the magazines that the next person would touch, he isn't encroaching on anybody else's space, and he's wearing socks, not shoes or bare feet. What's the big deal?

I agree. I find farters to more offensive. But it's hard to get photographic evidence of that.

yessams Feb 17, 2013 7:40 am

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNew.../20584346.html

This article suggests that folks cut it loose...

Barbella7 Feb 17, 2013 10:14 am

Oh great we need more of that :rolleyes:

mnredfox Feb 17, 2013 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Howste (Post 20261087)
I expected to see 10 feet in the air. I only see two. :(

Sorry to disappoint.

Originally Posted by Tizzette (Post 20262269)

If its 2 feet below the magazines fine. 10 feet in the air?

DLATL777 Feb 17, 2013 11:05 am

Originally Posted by mnredfox (Post 20260743)

This guy look kinda like Daniel Craig to anyone else?

Burj Feb 17, 2013 11:57 am

Originally Posted by DLATL777 (Post 20264782)
This guy look kinda like Daniel Craig to anyone else?

I was just debating posting that same question....LOL

jdrtravel Feb 17, 2013 12:00 pm

I don't like it. I don't mind resting feet on the bulkhead wall, its having them up in the air that bothers me. The feet might smell bad and your just sort of airing them out for everyone to see.