Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

    Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 16, 16, 2:25 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Wiki Link
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241,
Print Wikipost

Reply

Old Mar 6, 18, 2:13 am
  #2761  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: SYD
Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; VA Silver; HH Diamond; Accor Gold
Posts: 831
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
While taxiing to the gate a short while ago in NRT:

That looks like business class. And if it is, my question is why the heck is the seat so close to the bulkhead?!!! I haven't flown any US carrier in international J as I try to avoid them as far as possible, but if this is indicative of a Delta J cabin, that's ridiculous...
sol95 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 18, 2:55 am
  #2762  
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Home:HKG formerly YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Posts: 9,505
Originally Posted by sol95 View Post
That looks like business class. And if it is, my question is why the heck is the seat so close to the bulkhead?!!! I haven't flown any US carrier in international J as I try to avoid them as far as possible, but if this is indicative of a Delta J cabin, that's ridiculous...
I can assure you that this in not the D1 cabin.
Been there, flown that.
tentseller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 18, 3:34 am
  #2763  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Posts: 9,781
Originally Posted by tentseller View Post
I can assure you that this in not the D1 cabin.
Been there, flown that.
I can assure you this absolutely was the D1 cabin (I was in 7B), which is part of why this was so noteworthy. It's not like row 1 lacks for foot room on the 763s, so not sure why this pax was engaging in gymnastics.
Zorak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 18, 5:51 am
  #2764  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: ATL
Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Posts: 9,649
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
I can assure you this absolutely was the D1 cabin (I was in 7B), which is part of why this was so noteworthy. It's not like row 1 lacks for foot room on the 763s, so not sure why this pax was engaging in gymnastics.
This looks like they maybe have their ankles up on top of the PTV, and not on the actual bulkhead wall? I'm trying to figure out the geometry of it all given my fuzzy memory of a 763 row 1.

Still ridiculous.
gooselee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 18, 6:58 am
  #2765  
pvn
Suspended
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: MEM
Programs: Starbucks Green Card
Posts: 5,431
Originally Posted by tentseller View Post
I can assure you that this in not the D1 cabin.
Been there, flown that.
What cabin do you think it is, exactly? The seats are clearly staggered.
pvn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 18, 7:04 am
  #2766  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SLC
Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Posts: 5,790
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
I can assure you this absolutely was the D1 cabin (I was in 7B), which is part of why this was so noteworthy. It's not like row 1 lacks for foot room on the 763s, so not sure why this pax was engaging in gymnastics.
Why wasn't their CPR dummy stowed for landing?
Howste is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 18, 8:31 am
  #2767  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Posts: 9,781
Originally Posted by sol95 View Post
That looks like business class. And if it is, my question is why the heck is the seat so close to the bulkhead?!!! I haven't flown any US carrier in international J as I try to avoid them as far as possible, but if this is indicative of a Delta J cabin, that's ridiculous...
Originally Posted by gooselee View Post
This looks like they maybe have their ankles up on top of the PTV, and not on the actual bulkhead wall? I'm trying to figure out the geometry of it all given my fuzzy memory of a 763 row 1.
It amounts to the same thing more or less. Although the bulkhead is close* your foot space extends underneath it.

I took the pic from a low angle so the perspective is weird, which is probably what threw off tentseller.

*but if memory serves I don't believe it's any closer than the TV would be in any other seat in the same cabin.
Zorak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 18, 10:32 am
  #2768  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 40
and now for the photo. this isn't on delta, but it's a skyteam partner, so i'm posting here. on a recent trip from bogota to buenos aires in first class on aerolineas argentinas, my neighbor decided to control her tv screen using her bare toes.

for 8 hours.

Osmo and Gig103 like this.
enoscabell is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 18, 3:43 pm
  #2769  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: on the path to perdition
Programs: Delta, United
Posts: 4,075
Did she wipe down the screen before using her toes??? My seat mate did that on a TPAC flight. After wiping their face and hands with the hot towel they wiped down the screen. Not a bad idea but then used their toes!! I guess they did not want toe cooties.
FlyingUnderTheRadar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 18, 4:17 pm
  #2770  
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: SFO/SJC, BWI
Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, TR 7*, SPG/MR Plat, UA 1K
Posts: 9,781
Originally Posted by enoscabell View Post
and now for the photo. this isn't on delta, but it's a skyteam partner, so i'm posting here. on a recent trip from bogota to buenos aires in first class on aerolineas argentinas, my neighbor decided to control her tv screen using her bare toes.

for 8 hours.
I'm simultaneously disgusted and yet impressed at her dexterity (and laziness!)
ryan182, Hoyaheel and Osmo like this.
Zorak is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 18, 4:28 pm
  #2771  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Treasure Coast, FL
Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Posts: 4,178
On my recent flight (on an A320) LGA-PBI I wanted to use the restroom before taking off and when I went in there was a big swath of dung across the back of the toilet seat. Twas nasty and not sure how the cleaning crew could miss it.
Of course I never saw the guilty party and didn't want to take a picture.
apodo77 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 18, 9:58 pm
  #2772  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,001
I wonder if it would be possible to rename this thread at this late date, to something more indicative of the actual contents? My suggestion would be "Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by a couple of Delta Air Lines Passengers - and a whole bunch of pictures of people putting their feet on things."

It's a little wordy, but a lot more accurate.
mangoMan likes this.
Qwkynuf is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 18, 10:22 pm
  #2773  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 1,989
Originally Posted by apodo77 View Post
On my recent flight (on an A320) LGA-PBI I wanted to use the restroom before taking off and when I went in there was a big swath of dung across the back of the toilet seat. Twas nasty and not sure how the cleaning crew could miss it.
Of course I never saw the guilty party and didn't want to take a picture.
Did you still use the restroom?
Anyone entering after you might now think you're the guilty one!
PayItForward is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 18, 10:23 pm
  #2774  
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Marietta, Georgia, United States
Posts: 24,522
Originally Posted by Qwkynuf View Post
I wonder if it would be possible to rename this thread at this late date, to something more indicative of the actual contents? My suggestion would be "Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by a couple of Delta Air Lines Passengers - and a whole bunch of pictures of people putting their feet on things."

It's a little wordy, but a lot more accurate.
All that will fit is “Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by a couple of Delta Air Line”
Canarsie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 18, 10:34 pm
  #2775  
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,001
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
All that will fit is “Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by a couple of Delta Air Line”
Then that, in itself, is truly a shame.
Qwkynuf is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread