Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Old Feb 1, 2014, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pauly_long
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion — along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:44 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton, Hertz
Originally Posted by HDQDD
There is some sort of logic to that. In most bathrooms you have to *touch* the door to open it, which means you essentially just wasted some soap and water... I try to get around this by keeping a paper tower in my hand for the door, but many bathrooms don't have towels anymore.
I carry a small package of hand sanitizer with me at all times. Eliminates the problems to a large degree.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:16 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
After reading through most of this thread, I want to thank everyone. I now have a fear of airplane lavatories, floors, seat pockets, bulkheads, and anything else that can be touched. I think I will go buy a body condom to wear on my next flight.

Old Jun 21, 2012, 5:18 pm

Programs: AS, BA, AA
Originally Posted by lsumegan
There is no need to be condescending. I don't know you and what grinds your gears. Maybe if I did, I would "get" exactly what you meant to convey in that two word response. It could mean 1) You're so gross; 2) You're so OCD; 3) You're so rude 4) something I haven't even thought of.
Let me clarify: 1 and 3.

The fact that you use hand sanitizer at some unspecified time in the future protects you. But to everyone else who uses the door handles/locks in your wake, you are just as contaminated/disgusting as someone who doesn't wash their hands or use sanitizer.

Last edited by janetdoe; Jun 21, 2012 at 5:36 pm
Old Jun 21, 2012, 7:55 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by oreo2222
AF gives a shoe bag, EK has a hold all where one can put shoes in, well, on the 380 at least. These are far from the only airlines that supply something to carry shoes. It has always amazed me that DL BE supplies nothing.
When flying BusinessElite, I store my shoes in the plastic bag that the pillow is packaged in. While it's nice that the AF amenity kit includes a proper shoe bag, DL's kit is otherwise much better stocked.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:22 pm

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
Some people (myself included) do not wash their hands in public restrooms where you have to touch the door handle to leave. It is pretty much pointless.
I'm not sure that it's exactly pointless, though. It's true that hand sanitizers have alcohol in it to kill off 99.99% of the germs, but after possible contact with any bodily fluid, it's almost necessary to wash your hands. For one, hand sanitizers do not effectively kill noroviruses. The viruses are transmitted by fecally contaminated food or water or from person to person, and is resistant to alcohol. Because of these types of viruses (and others) hospitals would never replace hand washing with hand sanitizers for staff members and restaurants would never recommend staff to rub their hands rather than to wash their hands.

I mention this for you to think of the viruses on the door that you touched when you enter the public bathroom, the potential bodily fluids on the door to the bathroom stall, the lock to that same door where everyone touches before and after they do their business, the splash-back from the urinals, etc. There are just too many viruses to kill and hand sanitizers do not do 100% of the job. It should be used in addition to hand washing wherever possible.

I know that sometimes it seems pointless to wash your hands after using a public bathroom because you have to touch the door to exit, but I usually use a paper towel, or if permitted I'll use my elbow to pry things open.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 11:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer
Go back and read the previous post then ask yourself, "If I was the person asleep in the aisle seat behind Ms Legs-up, would I appreciate some j@cka$$ doing flash photography right in my face". I'm pretty sure you would find this totally inappropriate. You probably wouldn't care to have your likeness posted on the internets, either.
Its coach. Get over it.

Originally Posted by LGANightOwl
I'm not sure that it's exactly pointless, though. It's true that hand sanitizers have alcohol in it to kill off 99.99% of the germs, but after possible contact with any bodily fluid, it's almost necessary to wash your hands. For one, hand sanitizers do not effectively kill noroviruses. The viruses are transmitted by fecally contaminated food or water or from person to person, and is resistant to alcohol. Because of these types of viruses (and others) hospitals would never replace hand washing with hand sanitizers for staff members and restaurants would never recommend staff to rub their hands rather than to wash their hands.

I mention this for you to think of the viruses on the door that you touched when you enter the public bathroom, the potential bodily fluids on the door to the bathroom stall, the lock to that same door where everyone touches before and after they do their business, the splash-back from the urinals, etc. There are just too many viruses to kill and hand sanitizers do not do 100% of the job. It should be used in addition to hand washing wherever possible.

I know that sometimes it seems pointless to wash your hands after using a public bathroom because you have to touch the door to exit, but I usually use a paper towel, or if permitted I'll use my elbow to pry things open.
Touching a wet faucet is nauseating.

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 13, 2017 at 12:18 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by davetravels
What part of the plane is that??? I've never seen 3 seats in a row like that - - and sooooo close to the seat in front? Why, his knees are practically touching the seat in front of him! How uncivilized!

Funny he's got mask on.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:23 am

Programs: DL Silver (aka, Delta AmEx PLUS), Starbucks Gold :)
Originally Posted by Daveunravels
I don't disagree. Whenever you take medication, may it be over-the-counter or via prescription, there are side effects. You or your doctor has made the evaluation that the benefits outweigh the drawbacks for you to take it. Likewise, the benefits of washing your hands outweigh the drawbacks for you not to - you'll wash off a lot more than you will acquire.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Red face 767-300ER

Originally Posted by Daveunravels
Well there was a solution to this on the same flight as "shoe boy" talked about before. Look what the situation was in the front 1st class lav!

Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
This was cute - LAX to ATL a while ago. She sat like this with her feet in the seat pretty much the whole flight after lunch was served.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:56 am

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by janetdoe

The fact that you use hand sanitizer at some unspecified time in the future protects you. But to everyone else who uses the door handles/locks in your wake, you are just as contaminated/disgusting as someone who doesn't wash their hands or use sanitizer.
The only way that argument would hold water is if you washed your hands before you entered the restroom and didn't introduce any germs into the bathroom to begin with. Most germs are picked up outside of the restroom. If you think you pick up the most germs in the few minutes you use the restroom, you are mistaken (unless you are just really unsanitary while using the restroom). So in reality, you are just as "contaminated/disgusting" as me and everyone else. Get off your high horse.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by wjudge
This was cute - LAX to ATL a while ago. She sat like this with her feet in the seat pretty much the whole flight after lunch was served.
Nothing like a good muffin top to get the day started.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LGANightOwl
I don't disagree. Whenever you take medication, may it be over-the-counter or via prescription, there are side effects. You or your doctor has made the evaluation that the benefits outweigh the drawbacks for you to take it. Likewise, the benefits of washing your hands outweigh the drawbacks for you not to - you'll wash off a lot more than you will acquire.
I prefer to throughly wash my genitals in the shower every morning, and generally keep them in clean places, which greatly reduces the chance of me or my doctor having play the silly game...which is cleaner.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 6:27 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott. Hilton Diamond, Hertz something...
Originally Posted by janetdoe

^^^

You could add 2) in there also... its so common to only think of oneself these days. It is the age of "me" -

The only way that argument would hold water is if you washed your hands before you entered the restroom and didn't introduce any germs into the bathroom to begin with. Most germs are picked up outside of the restroom. If you think you pick up the most germs in the few minutes you use the restroom, you are mistaken (unless you are just really unsanitary while using the restroom). So in reality, you are just as "contaminated/disgusting" as me and everyone else. Get off your high horse.
Ah condescending AND rude AND incorrect AND ignoring the fact that your body waste is not what other people want, time to leave you to your own devices....

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 13, 2017 at 12:19 pm Reason: Consolidation.
Old Jun 25, 2012, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime Gold, Global Entry, Hertz PC, and my wallet
Originally Posted by DelrayChris
Nothing like a good muffin top to get the day started.
and that is nothing like a good muffin top

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.