Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 5, 19, 10:02 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: pauly_long
Wiki Link
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241, 2936
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 19, 12, 3:34 pm

Programs: Delta Silver (former GM, fighting way back), Paid Delta SC Member, Hertz Gold, Gold HHonors
Originally Posted by generaltao View Post
The image is misleading. The shoes actually belong to me, a KRYPTONIUM MEDALION. That's me sitting in front of that dude. Letting my footwear air out in the seat pocket of the DM behind me is a program benefit.
Fnork! That was enough to make this lowly FO laugh (as I'm required to do).
Old Jun 19, 12, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by lsumegan View Post
Some people (myself included) do not wash their hands in public restrooms where you have to touch the door handle to leave. It is pretty much pointless. For this reason, I always carry sanitizer with me and use that after leaving the restroom.
oh god.....
Old Jun 19, 12, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer View Post
oh god.....
What? Just explaining why you shouldn't be so quick to judge people who don't wash their hands in public restrooms.
Old Jun 19, 12, 5:14 pm

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Feet using the touch screen is a new one that might require some special skill. Did the passenger have normal use of his/her hands and arms? Could he/she reach the screen with fingers?
She had normal use of her arms and hands. She did have an infant with her. she took off her sandals. And placed her feet on the wall. Then she started working through the AVOD menu.
Old Jun 19, 12, 5:18 pm

Programs: UA Silver; WN; Marriott; SPG; Hilton; IHG; National; TSA Pre; Clear
Originally Posted by mapsgl View Post
She had normal use of her arms and hands. She did have an infant with her. she took off her sandals. And placed her feet on the wall. Then she started working through the AVOD menu.
That is so wrong, just WRONG!
Old Jun 19, 12, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL - KM/DM MM, AA - AP, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Exec Elite
Common sense, common courtesy, and just plain old common sense seem to be lacking here... I agree with ALL of you who say we need a "common" thread to post these types of things on, as a sticky or consolidated thread... Whatever works best... Disgusting... Where do some people learn manners????
Old Jun 19, 12, 8:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by lsumegan View Post
What? Just explaining why you shouldn't be so quick to judge people who don't wash their hands in public restrooms.
You could (and should) still wash yours out of courtesy to the rest of us, rather than wiping them on a surface everyone touches in all of their unwashed glory.
Old Jun 19, 12, 8:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by mattsteg View Post
You could (and should) still wash yours out of courtesy to the rest of us, rather than wiping them on a surface everyone touches in all of their unwashed glory.
I love these. They have them in many of the Skyclubs now.

http://www.stepnpull.com/

Would be hard to put on a jet plus I always use my hand towel to open the latch and open the door then toss it out as I leave. I am sure others do as well.

Wife and I also do the "wipe" of the IFE controller and all else we can reach. Guess I need to "windex" the entire seat now. How do I do that with only 3 OZ I ask you. Oh the humanity of it all...
Old Jun 19, 12, 9:42 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Originally Posted by Delta Points View Post
... Guess I need to "windex" the entire seat now. How do I do that with only 3 OZ I ask you. Oh the humanity of it all...
Well, if they serve PDBs you could just wash the seat down with some Woodfords.
Old Jun 20, 12, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Plat, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Bare feet sure seemed to draw some chatter a while back:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ra-lounge.html

So is this any place to put your shoes in BE for 8 hrs across the pond?

Wait, is it me or is the same guy not wearing anything waist down.
Old Jun 20, 12, 12:35 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
I always use my hand towel to open the latch and open the door then toss it out as I leave. I am sure others do as well.
+1 Here!!! I either use the towel to open the door (then sometimes have to hold the door with my foot while tossing the towel), or I do it the sneaky way: wash my hands for an exceedingly long time until someone else leaves the restroom, then I quickly follow behind before the door closes!
Old Jun 20, 12, 4:39 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by mnredfox View Post
Wait, is it me or is the same guy not wearing anything waist down.
. Those are some short shorts... And I am sure those shoes do not work well with that outfit.....
Old Jun 20, 12, 8:32 am

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by matthewf View Post
Really, how much worse are feet than hands anyways.
Seriously. Floors are dirty as in dirt but not dirty as in germs. People don't sneeze, cough, pick their nose, or use the bathroom with their feet. While I agree it's impolite to do things like use AVOD with your feet or put them up on a table in a public place, I don't necessarily understand the gross-out foot hangups that some people here have. But I'm also not the kind of person to wipe down shopping cart handles or AVOD controllers with sanitary wipes like I often see people do. One of my coworkers even wipes down everything in a new hotel room, including phone handles and remote controls. I make sure to wash my hands after using the restroom and before eating, but I figure a few extra germs here or there is good for my immune system. We don't want those white blood cells getting complacent and lazy now.

Not that I don't have my own hangups of course! People performing personal grooming in public places I consider to the worst offenses. I don't need to see you flossing in a public bathroom, or clipping your finger or toe nails. Or smelly food on an airplane. I'd much rather have a guy with his bare feet up than a guy eating something strong smelling sitting next to me. Yuck!
Old Jun 20, 12, 10:33 am

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, Marriot Silver, Delta Plat AMEX, Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by realjd View Post
Seriously. Floors are dirty as in dirt but not dirty as in germs. People don't sneeze, cough, pick their nose, or use the bathroom with their feet. While I agree it's impolite to do things like use AVOD with your feet or put them up on a table in a public place, I don't necessarily understand the gross-out foot hangups that some people here have. But I'm also not the kind of person to wipe down shopping cart handles or AVOD controllers with sanitary wipes like I often see people do. One of my coworkers even wipes down everything in a new hotel room, including phone handles and remote controls. I make sure to wash my hands after using the restroom and before eating, but I figure a few extra germs here or there is good for my immune system. We don't want those white blood cells getting complacent and lazy now.

Not that I don't have my own hangups of course! People performing personal grooming in public places I consider to the worst offenses. I don't need to see you flossing in a public bathroom, or clipping your finger or toe nails. Or smelly food on an airplane. I'd much rather have a guy with his bare feet up than a guy eating something strong smelling sitting next to me. Yuck!
OCD much?
Old Jun 20, 12, 2:38 pm

Programs: DL DM. EK Gold. UA1K. BA Silver. SPG Plat. HH. Diamond.
Originally Posted by DMIrishFlyer View Post
oh god.....

I'm actually amazed that anyone can sit on a plane for over 10hrs without taking off their shoes? The airlines are the first to encourage it on long haul. AF gives a shoe bag, EK has a hold all where one can put shoes in, well, on the 380 at least. These are far from the only airlines that supply something to carry shoes. It has always amazed me that DL BE supplies nothing.

Of course, taking off ones shoes doesn't mean keeping them off to walk around in!

Maybe this pic should be forwarded to the CEO to give him a hint that the amenity kit is missing a couple of things?

Last edited by Canarsie; Oct 13, 17 at 12:17 pm Reason: Consolidation.

Search this Thread