Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 16, 16, 2:25 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Wiki Link
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241,
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 28, 16, 9:46 am

In a few months' time, I will be flying an ultra-long-haul in Economy. Houston to Taipei. Is keeping my shoes and socks on the entire 16.5 hours the polite thing to do? I don't want to be *that* passenger on the plane, but what if my legs and feet are uncomfortable? What are my options? Please advise. An extra pair of flip flops in my carry-on...well, my laptop and ipad will be in my carry-on, and I'd cringe at the idea of shoving into the same space a pair of flipflops that have come in contact with the airplane bathroom. Other options, anyone, please?
Old Apr 28, 16, 10:11 am

Location: LAS - where you can get married and divorced in the same 24 hour period. Perfect for the woman who's saving herself for marriage and the man who wants a one night stand.
Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond, HI Spire, SPG gold, Marriott Gold, UA, AA, AS, WN kettle, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by therewillbetravelling View Post
In a few months' time, I will be flying an ultra-long-haul in Economy. Houston to Taipei. Is keeping my shoes and socks on the entire 16.5 hours the polite thing to do? I don't want to be *that* passenger on the plane, but what if my legs and feet are uncomfortable? What are my options? Please advise. An extra pair of flip flops in my carry-on...well, my laptop and ipad will be in my carry-on, and I'd cringe at the idea of shoving into the same space a pair of flipflops that have come in contact with the airplane bathroom. Other options, anyone, please?
D1 long haul flights give you socks to wear on flight. Shoes off OK but your feet may swell so be careful of tight shoes. Don't put your feet on the bulkhead, walls, armrest in front of you or you may end up in this read. Don't wear socks or bare feet into the lav as the floor is often wet - unless you like standing in other peoples urine.

Put your flip-flops in a gallon size zip lock bag or plastic grocery bag. Most of the miscreants in this thread have no common sense and/or no class whatsoever.

Consider wearing compression hose to prevent DVT - caused by sitting for long periods in one position. Clot forms in legs and can be fatal if it migrates to the lungs. Here is info on reducing DVT and risk factors.

I'm getting knee surgery and flying SEA-HKG 6 weeks later in EC so that is a risk factor for me.

Last edited by puddinhead; Apr 28, 16 at 10:22 am
Old Apr 28, 16, 12:45 pm

Location: Home:HKG formerly YYZ Business: ATL, PVG, PEK, CAN, SZX, MNL, SIN, KUL
Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
I wear compression stockings/hose and keep them on for the whole TPAC flight.

Shoes off at 10,000f. I have a pair of very lightweight flipflop for in-flight use that I put into a shoe bags into a dedicated compartment in my carry on for in flight footwear.

I am also one of those considerate travelers who carries and use a can of deodorizing foot powder.

If we can't see it, we can't photo and post it.
Old Apr 28, 16, 3:04 pm

Programs: Platinum, HH Diamond
.... Other options, anyone, please?
Hotel or spa slippers are great for this and you throw them out on the last before landing cleanup.
Old Apr 29, 16, 8:29 am

Programs: Delta Silver (2019)
I'm always in economy for international flights (had one D1 flight, and a few AF Prem Economy) I bring travel slippers - I put them in my carry-on in a shoe bag, wear them during the flight (with compression socks for longer flights) and when the flight is over, the slippers go back into the shoe bag (segregated from everything else in the carry-on) and go into the wash when I get home....
Old Apr 29, 16, 12:57 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
Does anybody other than EVA fly that route? If EVA, you get "kitty" slippers for footware even in Y

Hope you do not have a dog with you. :-)
Old May 31, 16, 5:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Can we get back on topic.

Neither this dude or the photo is from a Delta jet. I.E.:

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines

Thus neither one matters or happened (in this thread)
Old May 31, 16, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
I want a photo of you and the Sassy Stew duking it out.

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; May 31, 16 at 9:42 am
Old May 31, 16, 7:34 am

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by Renes Points View Post

Maybe DL pax have just been really classy over the long weekend?

Two more flights today. Maybe I'll have something to add. Or hopefully not...
Old May 31, 16, 8:06 am
pvn
Suspended

Programs: Starbucks Green Card

yes, let's get back to the IMPORTANT STUFF being discussed in this thread, this is SERIOUS BUSINESS and we can't afford any distractions.
Old May 31, 16, 8:47 am
Suspended

Love this one - Got glue?

Originally Posted by pvn View Post
yes, let's get back to the IMPORTANT STUFF being discussed in this thread, this is SERIOUS BUSINESS and we can't afford any distractions.
Right. Got glue?

Old May 31, 16, 9:34 am

Programs: Delta PM
Right. Got glue?

Maybe one of the mods could start a new thread..."Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Delta Fails". Wish I still had the photo from a few years ago of my broken tray table completely duct taped to the back of the seat.
Old May 31, 16, 9:44 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cher905 View Post
Maybe one of the mods could start a new thread..."Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Delta Fails". Wish I still had the photo from a few years ago of my broken tray table completely duct taped to the back of the seat.
Done:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...ines-jets.html
Old May 31, 16, 9:52 am

Programs: Delta PM

Old May 31, 16, 1:11 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Cher905 View Post
Darn, what a good idea Too bad I didn't get a pic of the FA dumping a tray of drinks on me last night from DTW to MCO. I know it was a total accident, but would have been a great contribution

Search this Thread