Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Hall of Shame: Photographic Evidence of Disgusting Acts by Delta Air Lines Passengers

Hide Wikipost
Old Jul 16, 16, 2:25 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Wiki Link
Please post links to content which includes photographs in this discussion along with a brief description of the photograph included in each link...

...and by brief, I do not mean underwear.

Please use the format below for consistency purposes. Date and chronological order might be helpful as well. Thank you.

Trashed Airplane Garbage and trash filled the seats of an Airbus A332 aircraft after the conclusion of a Philadelphia Eagles charter flight from Seattle to Philadelphia last year. Photograph posted by FlyerTalk member tod701 on December 12, 2013.

To save some time searching, photos are in posts (please update wiki when you post a new photo): 28, 93, 123, 164, 205, 278, 279, 286, 297, 303, 310, 321, 330, 410, 415, 418, 419, 444, 468, 483, 486, 495, 510, 529, 568, 577, 588, 606, 620, 632, 644, 661, 673, 675, 693, 708, 709, 716, 752, 773, 786, 873, 887, 907, 914, 917, 922, 934, 953, 967, 987, 998, 1006, 1013, 1019, 1025, 1029, 1032, 1036, 1037, 1058, 1067, 1107, 1131, 1137, 1151, 1159, 1163, 1179, 1201, 1243, 1246, 1249, 1268, 1279, 1295, 2028, 2235, 2237, 2240, 2241,
Print Wikipost

Old Nov 10, 15, 11:37 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
DING DING DING - and we have a thread winner!

From @GoldboxATL on twitter. Enjoy?

Old Nov 10, 15, 12:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM, DL SC, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by Renes Points View Post

Glad I wasn't in the window seat.
Old Nov 10, 15, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL FO
If I saw that I would worry that he was either having a medical problem, of that unexpected turbulence would cause injury.
Old Nov 10, 15, 3:38 pm

Programs: DL, B6, AS
Originally Posted by Zorak View Post
A friend of mine once put up a sign on one of those dispensers that read "free cowboy hats!"
ROFLMA$$Ga$ketOff

Old Nov 10, 15, 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Renes Points View Post

Maybe put one of those handy-dandy "a$$ gaSket" errrr "Cowboy Hats" from the Lav on his head?
Old Nov 12, 15, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by gooselee View Post
Is that an LX bird? Nice wooden coat hangers.
It is. That lady worked for a well-known TV network judging by all of the paraphernalia that she had.
Old Nov 12, 15, 7:38 am

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by herzmeh View Post
It is. That lady worked for a well-known TV network judging by all of the paraphernalia that she had.
Not sure whether I'm proud or sad that I just identified an airline by the coat hangers they use in the J cabin.

Also, I'm going to start finding ways to use a$$ gasket in my everyday banter. Thank you ACCDraw!
Old Nov 12, 15, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by gooselee View Post
Not sure whether I'm proud or sad that I just identified an airline by the coat hangers they use in the J cabin.

Also, I'm going to start finding ways to use a$$ gasket in my everyday banter. Thank you ACCDraw!
Old Nov 20, 15, 8:53 pm

Sorry no picture but BIG kudos to the MIA Skyclub employee for instructing a woman to remove her bare feet from the table top.

What's wrong with people?
Old Nov 21, 15, 10:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; HH Diam,Hz PC,
Originally Posted by mpheels View Post
If I saw that I would worry that he was either having a medical problem, of that unexpected turbulence would cause injury.
Don't you mean "unexpected rough air ?"

Originally Posted by EVA777 View Post
Sorry no picture but BIG kudos to the MIA Skyclub employee for instructing a woman to remove her bare feet from the table top. What's wrong with people?
Agreed - Kudos.
Old Nov 25, 15, 2:09 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Too obvious to photograph.... Used a RUC to upgrade my LAX -MCO today. I was 2 of 20 for 2 seats. Just before boarding, the GA paged me and informed me that if I took the ug I would be seated by a service animal. I agreed since I have no qualms with a true service animal. I only joked stating that as long there is room for me. I had an issue once with a HUGE dog/service animal that took up the ENTIRE bulkhead.

Boarded the plane and no seatmate. Soon after a youngish girl comes toting 3 bags while actively chatting away on her cell phone. "Service animal" turns out to be a little mutt in a bag. To be fair, he was cute and being an animal lover, I have no beef with the dog. My issue is the people who seemingly abuse policies that are in place for those who really require such services.
Dog stayed in the bag most of the flight, but poked his head out enough for the FA to pet as she distributed food trays. Dog did come out for a brief visit later to eat off a bowl on the tray table, etc.
I have no issues with traveling with your little poochie, but keep them in their carrier and don't try to avoid paying by claiming it is a service animal. to the FA for encouraging this activity. ....
Old Nov 25, 15, 2:20 pm

Programs: DL DM, GOES
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy View Post
My issue is the people who seemingly abuse policies that are in place for those who really require such services.
Perhaps a client of the new DYKWIA Shop
Old Nov 25, 15, 2:22 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by EditingFX View Post
I know. How ironic I just saw that post
Old Nov 25, 15, 2:26 pm

Programs: DL lapsed DM, now FO
Originally Posted by EditingFX View Post
I read his post just before I read yours. I was wondering if yours was inspired. Brilliant work over in the DYKWIA thread!
Old Nov 29, 15, 9:17 pm

Programs: DL Pork Medallion, PP, GE
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy View Post
Too obvious to photograph.... Used a RUC to upgrade my LAX -MCO today. I was 2 of 20 for 2 seats. Just before boarding, the GA paged me and informed me that if I took the ug I would be seated by a service animal. I agreed since I have no qualms with a true service animal. I only joked stating that as long there is room for me. I had an issue once with a HUGE dog/service animal that took up the ENTIRE bulkhead.

Boarded the plane and no seatmate. Soon after a youngish girl comes toting 3 bags while actively chatting away on her cell phone. "Service animal" turns out to be a little mutt in a bag. To be fair, he was cute and being an animal lover, I have no beef with the dog. My issue is the people who seemingly abuse policies that are in place for those who really require such services.
Dog stayed in the bag most of the flight, but poked his head out enough for the FA to pet as she distributed food trays. Dog did come out for a brief visit later to eat off a bowl on the tray table, etc.
I have no issues with traveling with your little poochie, but keep them in their carrier and don't try to avoid paying by claiming it is a service animal. to the FA for encouraging this activity. ....
I know everyone repeats the chorus of "we know most of those animals aren't true service/support dogs, but we don't dare challenge it lest we face social or legal repercussions," but last I checked, service dogs are not supposed to be the friendly/social/"come out and play and be patted" kind of dogs. I have a feeling that, if you had some sort of bone to pick, and had filmed those instances on your phone or camera, you could easily debunk the "service/support" claim.

What amazes me is just how much of the general public is aware of this loophole. We're visiting my wife's family because her sister just got married. She and her husband are about to head up to Minot and take their 4 month old malamute, and commented how he's so big and can't fly anymore. Then my wife's other sister, who has some tiny little mutt mixed dog, chimed in about how she wants to start claiming her little yapper as a support dog, because "all you really have to do is get a note from your doctor saying you have it for anxiety or depression." While her sister has dealt with anxiety and depression in the past, I was appalled at how serious she was about doing that, simply because she can't stand to be away from her dog for more than a few days, and she doesn't want to pay to bring the dog with her.
TLDR: I had no idea so very many people were aware of this loophole, and would so readily and casually exploit it.

Search this Thread