Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

$500 cash from DM to switch seats!!! WTH??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$500 cash from DM to switch seats!!! WTH??

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2012, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by roknroll
I don't understand why this guy didn't just book FC to begin with, would have been much cheaper. Something doesn't add up here, I don't know if I buy it. Fares for Tuesday next week are minimally more for FC than coach. Even looking at departures tomorrow give FC fares around $560 total for one way ATL-LAS.

Wonder if he was sitting next to some POS (person of size) or something else that he couldn't stand? I could understand not wanting to pay $ for FC, but then once you see who/what you have to sit next to be willing to pay $500 to get the hell out of there.

Wow, that is FCM!
Old May 16, 2012, 2:18 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TpaDeltaSlave
I'm on DL 131 right now ATL-LAS and could not wait to get this posted...
OP, I am sure DL also appreciates that you posted this so quickly. You have probably given them more than enough info to tell them which FA they need to follow up with.

But hey. perhaps from this we will get a new DL written policy.
Old May 16, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Wow, that is FCM!
Look at the 29th for a real example . That was the first date I checked when I was interested in F fares. Multiple (A) fares for $348.80 while L fares are $219.80. For a 4.5 hour flight, $348.80 in first is a perfect example of FCM!
Old May 16, 2012, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by mcmitchell
For $500 I would switch to the middle seat of the last row in coach, on a mad dog!
Me too and me three!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.