used by employees across the company for obtaining:
 company and industry related information
 facts
 formats
 policies
 procedures

2) Knowledge Management (KM) is an intranet tool designed to
allow representatives to search for and view information
Never would have figured that out. Now if you wrote (NM) instead...

Mike
Old May 15, 2012, 8:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by azeckel
There are what, 3-4 threads on this topic on the first page of this forum now?

I'm glad the GA took this stance in LAX. I'm not sure why #19 on the list should have a better chance at an upgrade because he/she waited to get on the plane. If DL wants upgrades to drive loyalty they should be upgrading base on the published priority and not by the order in which you board.
People are concerned about this issue, and upgrade procedures in general, because most of DL's real FF program benefits are the free domestic upgrades for elites, especially as it becomes harder to book attractive award tickets at low miles. At the same time, FCM and removing FC seats from the A319 and A320 are making those upgrades harding to get, with more high tier elites not being upgraded at their windows. Hence everyone is concerned about getting upgrades at the gate. We want the process to be fair and transparent, giving the upgrade to the person who is entitled to get it. We're also concerned about planes leaving with empty FC seats or nonrevs in FC while elites who have requested upgrades sit in coach.
Old May 15, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: Delta -DM"working on KM" Hhonors-Gold Priorityclub- Plat
If my upgrade has not cleared and I'm within 2 or 3 of what's left in First, I just ask the GA and they will say, wait or clear the rest. Seems fair to me. Having a bunch of people waiting to play "upgrade bingo" could delay the flight also.
Old May 15, 2012, 9:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by DM.DIA
If my upgrade has not cleared and I'm within 2 or 3 of what's left in First, I just ask the GA and they will say, wait or clear the rest. Seems fair to me. Having a bunch of people waiting to play "upgrade bingo" could delay the flight also.
However, if enough people delay boarding due to DL's own rule, maybe this will make DL reconsider and change the rule.
Old May 15, 2012, 9:27 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by DM.DIA
I do the same, but based on my position on the list before boarding starts, not if I've crept up as people boarded. If I still have a chance, I cannot ever recall a GA telling me that if I board they will pass me over/won't come get me w new BP. Don't see the need for all the gate drama, or upgrade bingo as you call it, IMHO.
Old May 15, 2012, 9:30 am

Originally Posted by Paddlenpedal
I disagree-I am a late boarder. I would MUCH rather finish a pint of good beer and deal with business, than board 30 minutes before pushback to get bumped by every coach passenger passing by, while drinking warm beer from a plastic cup. I try not to board more than T-15 or so. Not so late as to be a bother, or delay things, but not early either.

If anything, I'd like to see boarding F go to the back of the line-Walk on, strap in, and push back. . But, I know a lot of others feel the otherway, and love the early boarding. To each their own, I like to spend as little time as possible on a plane.
^^^^

Darn right! I say, punish the riff-raff in steerage by making them sit in those nasty seats in the back in the bus for as long as possible. THEN allow the elites to saunter in and board last.

I don't mind spending time in the air, but at the gate is another story. What do they say about the last to arrive at a party, and the first to leave?

Last edited by elizadoo; May 15, 2012 at 9:39 am
Old May 15, 2012, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by pdac1975
My guess is because the airlines were flooded with complaints from medallions who weren't moved up when there were open seats in F.
When it comes down to it, rule or not, wouldn't you rather DL use some common sense and, time permitting, move up the next highest medallion?
I also doubt the GA's enjoy having people hovering around the desk during the boarding process.
Obviously for some there is a need to reword the rules so that they don't feel "cheated". It's just a shame everything has to be so regulated when common courtesy could easily prevail.
All excellent points - especially bolded
Old May 15, 2012, 10:08 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by readywhenyouare
Please report this gate agent to Delta. There is nothing worse than a rogue employee making up their own rules. I had to call a red coat over once when a gate agent didn't want to give me the upgrade. I knew I was right and the red coat knew I was right so I received the upgrade.
^^^
Old May 15, 2012, 10:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dd992emo
At the risk of quoting a godawful '60s band, "Paranoia strikes deep...."
Board out of line, the GA coooome and take you away....
Old May 15, 2012, 10:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PHLbuddy
Respectfully, dead wrong, and if this is the sentiment of many GAs no wonder this policy is a mess. I am asking for the policy to be transparent and consistently followed. On some days, it will favor me, on others it will favor the other person. But at least I won't be wondering if I should board or not, have a hasty conversation with an already stressed GA, etc. It will make the upgrade list more meaningful and help me determine whether I have a realistic shot for the upgrade.
THIS. If the rule works in my favor on some occasions or against my favor on others I don't mind so long as it is consistently applied. One of the hallmarks of an ethical and mature person is being willing to do the right thing even at some personal cost. There seems to be a severe lack of understanding of this concept.
Old May 15, 2012, 10:30 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by javabytes
What does KM stand for? I have heard it in several threads here...
I assume "knowledge management" which is what a lot of companies call their internal FAQ.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:00 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Delta Kryptonium Medallion, National Executive
Originally Posted by HongKonger
I assume "knowledge management" which is what a lot of companies call their internal FAQ.
"Knowledge Management" is a lot more expensive and involves pricey outside consultants. But yeah, they're essentially the same thing.
Old May 15, 2012, 11:26 am

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
I'm glad the GA took this stance in LAX. I'm not sure why #19 on the list should have a better chance at an upgrade because he/she waited to get on the plane. If DL wants upgrades to drive loyalty they should be upgrading base on the published priority and not by the order in which you board
And when I'm #1 in the list?

I was perfectly content with my seat in Y that I purchased. I just want a clear policy that is implemented across the board.
Old May 15, 2012, 2:02 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/1.2MM, UA Premier gold/1MM, Choice diamond, Marriott gold
Being dropped from the upgrade list once you board in coach is NOT "the rule". I can't count the number of times I've been pulled up to first class from my coach seat. If it were the rule, I doubt that I would have had it happen that many times.
Old May 15, 2012, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL 2.3mm DM, Hyatt Gold, Hertz President club, SPG Gold
I have been pulled from cattle class when first was full only to be pulled from the back when a first class seat was not taken. To lurk around the counter & wait rather then take your seat should not make you jump to the top of the UG list. I would like to see the letters.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.