Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Accepted an upgrade ond get zero MQMs now??

Old May 7, 2012, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta

Hey All,

Question - I recently bought on the Delta site tickets from Memphis-Atlanta-Santo Domingo and back.

I bought them on the Delta site and paid what seemed normal for them. I am silver medallion.

When I bought them, it showed how many miles I was going to get for each leg - very normal right?

Day before the flight leaves, I get an email confirming an upgrade to first class (or business class, whatever). I got it for most of the flights there and back.

Now when I look at my miles, I got zero MQMs! I shouldve gotten about 5000 for this trip, and I think it is because I accepted upgrades.

It says my fare was T/V and T/X, which are not eligible.

...? Can I call and complain?. What happened?

Thanks,
Old May 7, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Originally Posted by gaastra
Now when I look at my miles, I got zero MQMs! I shouldve gotten about 5000 for this trip, and I think it is because I accepted upgrades.

It says my fare was T/V and T/X, which are not eligible.

...? Can I call and complain?. What happened?
Sounds like an IT glitch. Have you flown yet? After you fly, keep your boarding passes, and it should post normally within 1-2 days after the flight.
Old May 7, 2012, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta
I already flew, the return hasnt posted yet, but the outgoing already posted as Zero
Old May 7, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion; SPG Platinum; Hilton Gold
just send delta an email and they should fix it pretty quickly. or, you can call the medallion line and they will take care of it over the phone.
Old May 7, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Did you use pay with miles to pay for part of the ticket? (PWM tickets don't earn miles.) If not, no clue here.
Old May 7, 2012, 2:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Flew the route just a few weeks ago, got my miles and MQMs. Fill out the mileage request form.
Old May 7, 2012, 2:34 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Ascii
Did you use pay with miles to pay for part of the ticket? (PWM tickets don't earn miles.) If not, no clue here.
This was my guess. If you paid for ANY of your ticket with miles, you get no MQM's. Pretty nasty deal -- right up there with direct flights -- but the rules are clear about this.

Note this does not apply if you use miles to upgrade, only if they are used to pay for any portion of the ticket, no matter how minimal.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.