Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is ITA Matrix broken

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2012, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Is ITA Matrix broken

I'm trying to search for Itineraries in ITA Matrix, but with a routing code to avoid ALItalia & AirOne
When I enter Routing Code "~AZ" or "~AP", I keep getting an error.

Not sure it this the best forum to post(move me if needed).

PS: Don't ever fly AlItalia.
Old May 3, 2012, 4:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hg‎
I'm trying to search for Itineraries in ITA Matrix, but with a routing code to avoid ALItalia & AirOne
When I enter Routing Code "~AZ" or "~AP", I keep getting an error.

Not sure it this the best forum to post(move me if needed).

PS: Don't ever fly AlItalia.
Alitalia is a SkyTeam Partner and will be taking over the Italy routes for Delta such as JFK to FCO.

I have flown on them before and they are a safe airline. When I flew them they used 1st gen 747 airplanes but now they will be using A330 which is also what Delta was using and they have more on order.

Alitalia is an excellent way to get to Italy nonstop. Really bewildered by this comment.

If you want to ignore certain airlines you can feel free to do so, but Alitalia is definitely the way to go for Delta and Skyteam flyers.

Grazie tanto!
Old May 3, 2012, 4:40 pm
Original Poster

I'm actually trying to fly to Albania.
There are lots of routes that avoid AZ & AP, ie: http://i.imgur.com/AMWyw.png

But when I enter ~AZ. I get an error:

Old May 3, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by adamj023
Alitalia is a SkyTeam Partner and will be taking over the Italy routes for Delta such as JFK to FCO.

I have flown on them before and they are a safe airline. When I flew them they used 1st gen 747 airplanes but now they will be using A330 which is also what Delta was using and they have more on order.

Alitalia is an excellent way to get to Italy nonstop. Really bewildered by this comment.

If you want to ignore certain airlines you can feel free to do so, but Alitalia is definitely the way to go for Delta and Skyteam flyers.

Grazie tanto!
Is there no end to the nonsense you will post? Safety isn't the issue with AZ, it's the discomfort in J on the TATL and the financial issues with the airline that concern most people here.
Old May 3, 2012, 4:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Is there no end to the nonsense you will post? Safety isn't the issue with AZ, it's the discomfort in J on the TATL and the financial issues with the airline that concern most people here.
I'm personally worried about the IT integration. I bought a Delta + AirOne ticket, they stranded me in MXP -- refused at checkin, saying they could not find it in their system.
Same happened to a family member last year.
Old May 3, 2012, 5:46 pm
Suspended

Alitalia is acquiring more A330 and there is no problem with the airline. It is a wonderful way to get to Italy and in fact it is their national airline.

Obviously if you don't like Alitalia no one is telling you to fly on it but if I had to go to Italy nonstop I would definitely do Alitalia again from here without hesitation.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
~AZ looks for nonstops not on alitalia. I think you want ~AZ+ if you want to avoid them and look for all options.
Old May 3, 2012, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mattsteg
~AZ looks for nonstops not on alitalia. I think you want ~AZ+ if you want to avoid them and look for all options.
+1

~AZ doesn't return anything because no airline flies non-stop NYC-TIA.

~AZ+ is the correct routing code.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:01 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by javabytes
+1

~AZ doesn't return anything because no airline flies non-stop NYC-TIA.

~AZ+ is the correct routing code.
+1

"F" returns any NON-STOP flight on any airline. "F+" returns ALL flight combinations, regardless of the number of stops.

'~' simply means "not" in ITA's routing language, so '~AZ' simply means any NON-STOP flight not on AZ. '~AZ+' on the other hand, indicates any non-AZ routing, regardless of the number of stops.

Similarly, 'DL' means a NON-STOP Delta flight, while 'DL+' means any combination of Delta routings, regardless of the number of stops.
Old May 3, 2012, 8:05 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
Never had an issue with Alitalia. One of the best flights I ever had was on them with their Magnificat service.
Old May 3, 2012, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Yeah, those flat beds in J on the new A330 seem very uncomfortable compared to DLs 767s with old recliners
Old May 4, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: DL PM | Marriott Gold | Alaska Gold
When is the last time you flew AZ? The airline is just as, if not more, financially sound as American air carriers. If you don't want to fly them, then don't, but don't be talking a bunch of nonsense either. Of course, I have the luxury of flying on their upgraded 777 metal, not their older A330 planes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.