Wiki Posts
Search

?'s re: connection at FCO

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
?'s re: connection at FCO

Have flown to Europe several times but flight tomorrow (CHS-ATL-FCO-NAP) will be the first time involving a connection in Europe. Two quick questions:

1. If I understand correctly, we will clear immigration upon arrival at FCO, but will not collect bags and clear customs until arrival at NAP. Correct?
2. Which terminal(s) at FCO would we likely arrive at and depart from? FCO-NAP flight is on Alitalia metal.

Thanks!

Last edited by ncwillett; May 1, 2012 at 2:15 pm
Old May 1, 2012, 3:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ncwillett
Have flown to Europe several times but flight tomorrow (CHS-ATL-FCO-NAP) will be the first time involving a connection in Europe. Two quick questions:

1. If I understand correctly, we will clear immigration upon arrival at FCO, but will not collect bags and clear customs until arrival at NAP. Correct?
2. Which terminal(s) at FCO would we likely arrive at and depart from? FCO-NAP flight is on Alitalia metal.

Thanks!
Yes, you will do passport control and a security check at FCO but assuming that luggage has been checked through to NAP, it "should" arrive there with some indication that it originated overseas, probably on a separate and hard to find baggage belt. You will walk out through a customs area with red and green lanes. I like to keep my USA passport in hand as the authorities seem more interested in checking and Xraying bags for contraband being brought in by their own citizens, but YMMV.
Old May 2, 2012, 5:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Yes, you will do passport control and a security check at FCO but assuming that luggage has been checked through to NAP, it "should" arrive there with some indication that it originated overseas, probably on a separate and hard to find baggage belt. You will walk out through a customs area with red and green lanes. I like to keep my USA passport in hand as the authorities seem more interested in checking and Xraying bags for contraband being brought in by their own citizens, but YMMV.
Thanks! I was pretty sure but figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.