Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New EATS menus start this week

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2012, 1:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
New EATS menus start this week

Haven't seen this (aside from the Blue Moon comment) elsewhere; but, FA on today's flight had a print out that had this information:

New EATS breakfast, lunch and dinner menus will debut on applicable North American flights starting Thursday (03 MAY 2012), including flights to and from Latin America and the Caribbean.

EATS breakfast selections range from the bagel bundle, featuring a New York-style mini Everything Bagel fruit cup, cream cheese and strawberry jam; a fruit and cheese plate with cheddar, havarti dill and brie cheeses, fresh apple slices, red grapes, crackers and candied pecans; or a smoked turkey and egg salad sandwich on a fresh croissant and strips of Canadian turkey bacon. Prices range from $3.50 to $6.75.

Customers traveling on Delta’s westbound flights will have their choice of two lunch and dinner offerings; a fruit and cheese plate or a sandwich called The Rachel on marble rye bread with Boar's Head pastrami, cole slaw, sweet onions, dill pickles and Boar’s Head Swiss cheese.

On eastbound flights, the menu will offer a fruit and cheese plate or basil pesto chicken sliders with Asiago cheese and sliced tomato.

Today (01 MAY) Delta started offering Blue Moon beer on North American flights and Stirrings Mojitos on flights to and from Latin America and the Caribbean.
Old May 1, 2012, 2:12 pm

Programs: SkyMiles PM, Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum
I'll stick to the Flight Delights box, thanks.
Old May 1, 2012, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by LedgeT
... Stirrings Mojitos ...
It will take 2 or 3 of my own properly mixed Mojitos to remove this image from my thoughts.
Old May 1, 2012, 2:20 pm

I'm flying to SFO over the weekend so I'll give it a whirl if I don't get upgraded, which is likely (at my window and nada). I also got 4 coupons with my GM package to make it easier to swallow .

I do like the Flight Delights boxes though.
Old May 1, 2012, 2:23 pm

Programs: DL DM, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by sbjnyc
I'm flying to SFO over the weekend so I'll give it a whirl if I don't get upgraded, which is likely (at my window and nada). I also got 4 coupons with my GM package to make it easier to swallow .

I do like the Flight Delights boxes though.
if you don't get upgraded, you should get a HOOU coupon on your boarding pass .
Old May 1, 2012, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Are they eliminating the snack boxes now? If so, the new items the OP mentioned won't be able to be purchased since those items will be considered perishible and the HOOU is only good on non-pershible snacks. I liked the snack box myself because I could take it with me to my hotel to eat later or if I was on a red eye coulde have it for a late morning snack if I wasn't able to eat lunch early enough
Old May 1, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I still wish they'd bring back the fake margaritas.....
Old May 1, 2012, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
I wish they would bring back the shaker drinks. I liked some of those.
Old May 1, 2012, 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by roknroll
if you don't get upgraded, you should get a HOOU coupon on your boarding pass .
I'm sure I can think of something to wash down my EATS.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:01 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
+1, missing those!
Old May 1, 2012, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Haven't seen this (aside from the Blue Moon comment) elsewhere; but, FA on today's flight had a print out that had this information:
I have a feeling you got this info not from just a FA on a flight....
Old May 1, 2012, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
Originally Posted by zsmith2
I have a feeling you got this info not from just a FA on a flight....
He actually had it on a print out which I re-typed () during my flight. He was asking those drinking Blue Moon in FC how they liked it, etc. so he could "submit the feedback"...
Old May 1, 2012, 3:35 pm

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Customers traveling on Delta’s westbound flights will have their choice...a sandwich called The Rachel on marble rye bread...
I'm sorry, any sandwich featuring marble rye should be called something more appropriate...The Costanza, The Frank, Jerry or George, but absolutely not The Rachel.
Old May 1, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Customers traveling on Delta’s westbound flights will have their choice...a sandwich called The Rachel on marble rye bread...
Originally Posted by PRWeezer
I'm sorry, any sandwich featuring marble rye should be called something more appropriate...The Costanza, The Frank, Jerry or George, but absolutely not The Rachel.
I believe this was a special request by RA... apparently Delta is tired of sitting on ham sandwiches and thought sitting on "The Rachel" would be a nice change of pace!
Old May 1, 2012, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
^^ Still waiting to see if the mojitos make it back to transcons as rumored.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.