Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL refuses to SDC onto a GoJet DL Cxn Carrier flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2012, 10:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam

So here's a new one....

Today I called the DM line to do a SDC out of STL on a GoJet-operated DL Connection flight (within the 3 hour window, same final destination and on a revenue fare).

The agent says "the system is trying to collect a fare difference" so I'm thinking this is just another DL.dum-related issue but after a few minutes, the agent returns to the line and says he cannot do a SDC on Go Jet flights. He said he tried contacting another department and they were unable to make the change. I've never had this problem with SDC's on SkyWest/Compass/Pinnacle/ComAir/ASA/Chataq/etc etc. Very strange....

From DL.dumb:
"You can use the same-day confirmed option for travel within the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands on Delta and Delta Connection® flights." No mention of exclusion of Go Jet DL Connection flights.

Has anyone else experienced a problem with SDC on Go Jet?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
What was your fare construction? Original routing? Desired routing with the Go Jet flight?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
What was your fare construction? Original routing? Desired routing with the Go Jet flight?
L fare STL-MSP-xxx Go Jet was STL-DTW. Final destination unchanged.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by hockeystl
So here's a new one....

Today I called the DM line to do a SDC out of STL on a GoJet-operated DL Connection flight (within the 3 hour window, same final destination and on a revenue fare).

The agent says "the system is trying to collect a fare difference" so I'm thinking this is just another DL.dum-related issue but after a few minutes, the agent returns to the line and says he cannot do a SDC on Go Jet flights. He said he tried contacting another department and they were unable to make the change. I've never had this problem with SDC's on SkyWest/Compass/Pinnacle/ComAir/ASA/Chataq/etc etc. Very strange....

From DL.dumb:
"You can use the same-day confirmed option for travel within the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands on Delta and Delta Connection® flights." No mention of exclusion of Go Jet DL Connection flights.

Has anyone else experienced a problem with SDC on Go Jet?
Did you try at the Ticket Cntr or SC? I'm not sure what would have prevented this SDC.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
L fare STL-MSP-xxx Go Jet was STL-DTW. Final destination unchanged.
Do you know that STL-DTW-xxx is a valid routing for your fare?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OHDL1
Did you try at the Ticket Cntr or SC? I'm not sure what would have prevented this SDC.
Yes. As always, the excellent staff at STL was able to resolve the issue with a few strokes of the keyboard.

My question was mainly if there was some exclusion related to GoJet cxn flights. The agent mentioned that American Eagle cxn flights fell under the same exclusion.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 2:04 pm

Programs: AS, DL, AA, UA, WN
Yes. As always, the excellent staff at STL was able to resolve the issue with a few strokes of the keyboard.

My question was mainly if there was some exclusion related to GoJet cxn flights. The agent mentioned that American Eagle cxn flights fell under the same exclusion.
Of course, there's a big difference between GoJet and American Eagle (MQ) though - the MQ flights are (were, technically, since these have ended) a standard codeshare on an MQ flight where the primary code is AA, whereas GoJet is now a part of the DL Connection family and the primary code would be DL.

Perhaps DL IT has somehow entered GoJet flights into the system as a codeshare rather than a DL Cnx regional carrier? That's the only thing that would make any sense to me.
Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
Go Jet has nothing to do with the SDC. I'm curious to look at your fare and how you purchased it. Some fares especially aren't technically eligible for SDC. Do you buy through your corporation, etc....yes there are plenty of ways to get around things but it's not the DMs agent fault that the computer was reading th fare rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.