Wiki Posts
Search

Changing a Companion Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion | SPG Gold
Changing a Companion Ticket

So my dad and I are flying to Atlanta in a week for my sister's wedding. We used a companion certificate I had for our flight, I and the main passenger and he is the companion. So we just found out his assistant may not be able to take over the office while we're gone and he may have to come home a few days early. What I can't seem to find is the exact info on what a flight change would mean for him. I would keep my original ticket but he would need to change, does anyone know what they are?
Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
http://www.delta.com/planning_reserv...ates/index.jsp
Old Apr 28, 2012, 6:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
It looks to me like you can't separate the travelers like that. You have to fly together.

This is tricky. There's a $150 change fee x2, so normally I'd say buy a new ticket. But, if the paid ticket flies the original booking and the companion does not, after the outbound (or maybe even before if you do not even check in the companion ticket), the companion ticket may be cancelled, thereby canceling the paid ticket and you'll be stuck buying a one way home.

Last edited by tkey75; Apr 28, 2012 at 6:57 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.