DL audit

Old Apr 23, 2012, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
DL audit

A new first for me. I will try and be subtle though I do post my travels on line. Dont want to out anyone.

Was travelling DL yesterday (and Saturday) and next to me sat an Auditor. She was travelling (cant truly say non-rev as she was doing her job) and also in uniform. Basically she had a clipboard and was checking everything the FA was doing.

Anyone else seen/had this?

Last edited by GRALISTAIR; Apr 23, 2012 at 7:37 pm
Old Apr 23, 2012, 5:44 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
A new first for me. I will try and be subtle though I do post my travels on line. Dont want to out anyone.

Was in travelling yesterday and next to me sat an Auditor. She was travelling (cant truly say non-rev as she was doing her job) and also in uniform. Basically she had a clipboard and was checking everything the FA was doing.

I hope that the crew let Anderson mumble his way through his "big, global airline" spiel. Demerits await those who deny pax the opportunity to hear about CE Woolman's magic desk.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR

Was in travelling yesterday and next to me sat an Auditor. She was travelling (cant truly say non-rev as she was doing her job) and also in uniform. Basically she had a clipboard and was checking everything the FA was doing.

Isn't it a little more effective if the auditor is not obvious, and in uniform???
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:18 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Please tell me you were seated in F...
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:20 pm

Programs: Delta DM / Hilton Diamond
Airlines employ and barrage of auditors to ensure that they are in compliance with the various governmental agencies, they are accountable for.

Inflight performs check rides, just like Flight Ops will have an ACM in the cockpit once in a while to test the pilots for proficiency.

When I worked for Delta at DTW, we were audited quite a bit by Delta and the various DCI carriers for compliance.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by azeckel
Please tell me you were seated in F...
I had a confirmed upgrade at the 5 day window, but went on standby to an earlier flight using a CRJ 200 with no first class cabin. So no -sadly.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:29 pm

Programs: DL DM, MR PP
This may not be quite the same thing but...

A friend of mine is a fairly senior FA with one of Delta's commuter partners. One day, a Very Senior Person boarded the flight and offered, since she was there anyway, to perform some sort of evaluation. My friend was just not feeling it that day so she declined - as she was entitled to do. At this, the VSP took some umbrage. They had a discreet argument which led to this immortal line:

"Madam, if you don't take your seat I will have law enforcement remove you from the plane!"

Of course, she got grilled by HR for this but they couldn't really do anything because she was within her rights.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dundalk
This may not be quite the same thing but...

A friend of mine is a fairly senior FA with one of Delta's commuter partners. One day, a Very Senior Person boarded the flight and offered, since she was there anyway, to perform some sort of evaluation. My friend was just not feeling it that day so she declined - as she was entitled to do. At this, the VSP took some umbrage. They had a discreet argument which led to this immortal line:

"Madam, if you don't take your seat I will have law enforcement remove you from the plane!"

Of course, she got grilled by HR for this but they couldn't really do anything because she was within her rights.
kudos to the FA - balsy in fact
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:45 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Inflight management must have a check ride every year IIRC... could have been that?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 6:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Several times I've seen such as audit on SQ. The person sits on the crew seats, roughly near where the purser/inflight manager would sit but doesn't do anything to serve passengers.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 7:28 pm

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The person sits on the crew seats, roughly near where the purser/inflight manager would sit but doesn't do anything to serve passengers.
That sounds like more than a few KLM pursers that I've flown with.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Sabai
That sounds like more than a few KLM pursers that I've flown with.
I have had many US flights where this was the case as well!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.