Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Jet and Kingfisher partnerships ending in Oct 2012

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold

One spaced apart by 15 days. The details are available on DL website when you click on the respective carriers under partners.

Kingfisher is not surprising but Jet is.

Dunno what they are up to.

I have already taken my DL business somewhere else.

- naroowal
Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:46 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
why would the loss of two marginal partners cause you to go elsewhere?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Vuelos
why would the loss of two marginal partners cause you to go elsewhere?
Sorry I confused you ... I did not take my business elsewhere because of this change. I took it elsewhere because of the lack of value for skymiles especially with the changes in O availability with AF.

- naroowal
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Will those airlines still exist in October 2012?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:13 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
Kingfisher won't be around anyway. Isn't 9W joining a competing alliance?
Old Apr 19, 2012, 5:27 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
Originally Posted by dgxoxo
Kingfisher won't be around anyway. Isn't 9W joining a competing alliance?
I'm not aware of 9W planning to join an alliance; Kingfisher is supposed to join oneworld, but that's obviously iffy given their financial state.
Old May 30, 2012, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
More NW partners bite the dust. This is slick from DL. Keep some of the partnerships, after anger at the merger subsides, terminate agreements. Guess many people were redeeming skypesos at regular level with them, rather than double with DL's India flight.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by UA Fan
More NW partners bite the dust. This is slick from DL. Keep some of the partnerships, after anger at the merger subsides, terminate agreements. Guess many people were redeeming skypesos at regular level with them, rather than double with DL's India flight.
On 9W? Ha! 9W is stingier with premium cabin award space than DL. IT isn't flying internationally any more. This doesn't seem like much of a loss, unless you were redeeming for Y. (Apparently 9W was reasonably generous with EU-India in Y.)
Old May 30, 2012, 7:52 am
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by UA Fan
I figured now that UA has completely blown up the trolling would stop. At least you aren't constantly cheerleading any longer.
Old May 30, 2012, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtkeller
On 9W? Ha! 9W is stingier with premium cabin award space than DL. IT isn't flying internationally any more. This doesn't seem like much of a loss, unless you were redeeming for Y. (Apparently 9W was reasonably generous with EU-India in Y.)
I stopped redeeming for premium classes. IT has flights within India that could come in handy, if they survive.
Old May 30, 2012, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
At one point I thought 9W was a big part of the AF/KL/AZ plan for SkyTeam, move to AMS and everything.
Old May 30, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
At one point I thought 9W was a big part of the AF/KL/AZ plan for SkyTeam, move to AMS and everything.
The Indian government keeps meddling and trying to get AI and 9W both into alliances. I can never keep straight if it's both in the same or one to ST and the other to *A, but it's a great big mess.
Old May 30, 2012, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mtkeller
The Indian government keeps meddling and trying to get AI and 9W both into alliances. I can never keep straight if it's both in the same or one to ST and the other to *A, but it's a great big mess.
Star wants both in, GoI does not want Jet in Star. I think that was one of the reasons to not allow AI into Star.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.