Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Jet and Kingfisher partnerships ending in Oct 2012

Jet and Kingfisher partnerships ending in Oct 2012

Old Apr 19, 12, 3:33 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: IAD, DCA, BWI
Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Posts: 264
Jet and Kingfisher partnerships ending in Oct 2012

One spaced apart by 15 days. The details are available on DL website when you click on the respective carriers under partners.

Kingfisher is not surprising but Jet is.

Dunno what they are up to.

I have already taken my DL business somewhere else.

- naroowal
naroowal is offline  
Old Apr 19, 12, 3:46 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Likely being followed...
Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Posts: 5,240
why would the loss of two marginal partners cause you to go elsewhere?
Vuelos is offline  
Old Apr 19, 12, 3:48 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: IAD, DCA, BWI
Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Posts: 264
Originally Posted by Vuelos View Post
why would the loss of two marginal partners cause you to go elsewhere?
Sorry I confused you ... I did not take my business elsewhere because of this change. I took it elsewhere because of the lack of value for skymiles especially with the changes in O availability with AF.

- naroowal
naroowal is offline  
Old Apr 19, 12, 4:47 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: NYC
Programs: DL Plat, 1 MM; SPG LT Plat (RIP); Marriott LT Titanium; Fairmont Plat (RIP), DL Kryptonium Medallion
Posts: 1,726
Will those airlines still exist in October 2012?
Spent_All_My_Miles is offline  
Old Apr 19, 12, 5:13 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: NYC / Chelsea
Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
Posts: 1,099
Kingfisher won't be around anyway. Isn't 9W joining a competing alliance?
dgxoxo is offline  
Old Apr 19, 12, 5:27 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: YYF/YLW
Programs: AA, DL, AS MVP, VA
Posts: 5,266
Originally Posted by dgxoxo View Post
Kingfisher won't be around anyway. Isn't 9W joining a competing alliance?
I'm not aware of 9W planning to join an alliance; Kingfisher is supposed to join oneworld, but that's obviously iffy given their financial state.
ashill is offline  
Old May 30, 12, 6:12 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA 1M
Posts: 29,136
More NW partners bite the dust. This is slick from DL. Keep some of the partnerships, after anger at the merger subsides, terminate agreements. Guess many people were redeeming skypesos at regular level with them, rather than double with DL's India flight.
UA Fan is online now  
Old May 30, 12, 7:32 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SUX
Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Posts: 8,050
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
More NW partners bite the dust. This is slick from DL. Keep some of the partnerships, after anger at the merger subsides, terminate agreements. Guess many people were redeeming skypesos at regular level with them, rather than double with DL's India flight.
On 9W? Ha! 9W is stingier with premium cabin award space than DL. IT isn't flying internationally any more. This doesn't seem like much of a loss, unless you were redeeming for Y. (Apparently 9W was reasonably generous with EU-India in Y.)
mtkeller is offline  
Old May 30, 12, 7:52 am
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: LAX
Programs: DM
Posts: 1,067
Originally Posted by UA Fan View Post
More NW partners bite the dust. This is slick from DL. Keep some of the partnerships, after anger at the merger subsides, terminate agreements. Guess many people were redeeming skypesos at regular level with them, rather than double with DL's India flight.
I figured now that UA has completely blown up the trolling would stop. At least you aren't constantly cheerleading any longer.
Deadtail is offline  
Old May 30, 12, 7:54 am
  #10  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA 1M
Posts: 29,136
Originally Posted by mtkeller View Post
On 9W? Ha! 9W is stingier with premium cabin award space than DL. IT isn't flying internationally any more. This doesn't seem like much of a loss, unless you were redeeming for Y. (Apparently 9W was reasonably generous with EU-India in Y.)
I stopped redeeming for premium classes. IT has flights within India that could come in handy, if they survive.
UA Fan is online now  
Old May 30, 12, 11:01 am
  #11  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: check foursquare
Programs: Delta DM & 2MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt, AA, HH Gold, $tarbucks Titanium
Posts: 14,362
At one point I thought 9W was a big part of the AF/KL/AZ plan for SkyTeam, move to AMS and everything.
itsaboutthejourney is offline  
Old May 30, 12, 4:33 pm
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: SUX
Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Posts: 8,050
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney View Post
At one point I thought 9W was a big part of the AF/KL/AZ plan for SkyTeam, move to AMS and everything.
The Indian government keeps meddling and trying to get AI and 9W both into alliances. I can never keep straight if it's both in the same or one to ST and the other to *A, but it's a great big mess.
mtkeller is offline  
Old May 30, 12, 8:32 pm
  #13  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: DFW
Programs: AA 1M
Posts: 29,136
Originally Posted by mtkeller View Post
The Indian government keeps meddling and trying to get AI and 9W both into alliances. I can never keep straight if it's both in the same or one to ST and the other to *A, but it's a great big mess.
Star wants both in, GoI does not want Jet in Star. I think that was one of the reasons to not allow AI into Star.
UA Fan is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: