Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SLC Food Options

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
Angry SLC Food Options

I fly through SLC nearly every week. Since January, they have demolished nearly every place to eat. Does anyone know when they will be finished with the new food courts? Its hard to get full on the lowsy crap in the sky club when you are headed some where. I've notice that nearly every book and magazine store is selling over priced crappy sandwiches but come on! Only 2-3 options for hot food in the whole airport?! Anyway, rant over with. I just figured that SLC would figure out that they are loosing mega dollars remodeling every thing at once.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton, Hertz
Originally Posted by gaugeguy
I fly through SLC nearly every week. Since January, they have demolished nearly every place to eat. Does anyone know when they will be finished with the new food courts? Its hard to get full on the lowsy crap in the sky club when you are headed some where. I've notice that nearly every book and magazine store is selling over priced crappy sandwiches but come on! Only 2-3 options for hot food in the whole airport?! Anyway, rant over with. I just figured that SLC would figure out that they are loosing mega dollars remodeling every thing at once.
http://www.slcairport.com/dining.asp

I spend a fair amount of time at the SLC airport, and although it is going through a renovation there are still lots of options. The nice thing about the airport is that it is small enough that you can walk to other terminals that might have more appealing options.

I ate 2 weeks ago at Squatters. They have a fairly extensive menu, and although not elegant good food-it is a local Utah fave off airport too.

Hope that helps!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL-DM
The new 4 restaurant food court opened earlier this week. It is located between concourses C&D (next to the sky club).
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Am connecting in SLC now and this place is crushed as bad as ATL during connection windows. The new food court is actually only 3 places: Greek, Mexican grill, and McDonald's. The lines are all 30 people deep at 4pm. The SC is overflowing as well. In general I like connecting through SLC bc of amazing upgrade percentages, but my god I hate this airport. It does not have the size to accommodate peak demand in terminals C/D. There are very few options for a quick bite between flights. Squatters was standing room only and the only other thing is a hallway fridge with a Boars Head sign. Don't even get me started on the restrooms...
Old Apr 19, 2012, 4:42 pm

Programs: Southwest A-List Preferred/Companion Pass, Amtrak Select, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Squatters Pub is my go to place in SLC-Give me a couple Chasing tail Golden Ale's, and the Bratwurst, and I can sit through a 5 hour layover without complaint!
Old Apr 19, 2012, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, MM, AS MVP, Lifetime Skyclub, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, National Exec Elite, IHG Gold
cool

Originally Posted by spsguy
The new 4 restaurant food court opened earlier this week. It is located between concourses C&D (next to the sky club).
Interesting... I was there on friday and it was still boarded up. Huh. I'll check it out on saturday as i'll be through again.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:20 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Starwood Gold, JetBlue, Marriott Silver, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by Paddlenpedal
Squatters Pub is my go to place in SLC-Give me a couple Chasing tail Golden Ale's, and the Bratwurst, and I can sit through a 5 hour layover without complaint!
^^^^
Old Apr 19, 2012, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by spsguy
Yup. It's brand new, McD's, a greek souvlaki place and a mexican place. Seems like some good non-chain alternatives.

There is also a Kat Cora's take-out place on the other end of the moving walkway from the SkyClub and it has some interesting to-go items, but some of the usual HMS Host crap too.
Old Apr 19, 2012, 9:29 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Yep. Love Squatters! Relatively decent local brews! Though this is a plus for the SLC SC as well as they usually have a local beer on tap in there as well!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 5:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Delta, United, AA
Lets hope its quick if they are doing so many at the same time. I bet they are not planning on having this true for the busy summer season.

I often find SLC to be the best airport to connect thru in almost every aspect. The food is usually pretty decent collection of fast food, stands, and sit down restaurants.

Originally Posted by jsmith50
Yep. Love Squatters! Relatively decent local brews! Though this is a plus for the SLC SC as well as they usually have a local beer on tap in there as well!
Squatters, wasatch brew pub, and SC are all pretty great at SLC. It really can be crowded at times but its my favorite airport to connet thru. SLC works really well, has helpful staff that uses common sense, and good restaurants i look at as the opposite of JFK T3!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 7:24 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton, Hertz
Originally Posted by bdlman
Lets hope its quick if they are doing so many at the same time. I bet they are not planning on having this true for the busy summer season.

I often find SLC to be the best airport to connect thru in almost every aspect. The food is usually pretty decent collection of fast food, stands, and sit down restaurants.

Squatters, wasatch brew pub, and SC are all pretty great at SLC. It really can be crowded at times but its my favorite airport to connet thru. SLC works really well, has helpful staff that uses common sense, and good restaurants i look at as the opposite of JFK T3!
Amen don't be dissing SLC ^
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by Paddlenpedal
+1 ^ - But the bratwurst isn't on the menu anymore. The ahi burger and Local's Only pizza are both innovative and tasty. My favorite brew is the Hop Rising IPA!
Old Apr 20, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: IHG Gold,SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Delta Kettle, AMEX Plat, DL AMEX Plat
The "mexican grill" is going to be Cafe Rio. It is a regional chain. I like it quite a bit. Fresh made food. They keep it to just a few items, but you choose your meat, type of beans and all toppings. At my local outpost, the girl is making the tortilla right there, grilling them. I especially like the Cafe Rio salad - grilled tortilla, not fried,filled with rice, beans, lots of lettuce, cilantro, pico de gallo, choice of meat, choice of dressing. Their tamales on Thursdays are pretty good, too! I hope the SLC outpost is as good and keeps the same prices. I could see myself spending time at Cafe Rio instead of the SC, since there is fee wifi in the airport.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:09 am

Squatters is okay. Red Rock Brewery was better.

Rodizio Grill and Braza Grill are awesome brazillian places. Settebello = THE BEST PIZZA EVER.
Old Apr 20, 2012, 9:30 am

Programs: Delta Plat, one-time United Plat, Amex Plat, Marriott Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, Bus Pass
Originally Posted by azeckel
Am connecting in SLC now and this place is crushed as bad as ATL during connection windows. The new food court is actually only 3 places: Greek, Mexican grill, and McDonald's. The lines are all 30 people deep at 4pm. The SC is overflowing as well. In general I like connecting through SLC bc of amazing upgrade percentages, but my god I hate this airport. It does not have the size to accommodate peak demand in terminals C/D. There are very few options for a quick bite between flights. Squatters was standing room only and the only other thing is a hallway fridge with a Boars Head sign. Don't even get me started on the restrooms...
Ha! Sounds like MDW...though at least MDW, (very) unlike Utah, has liberal drinking policies (i.e. you can booze anywhere in the terminal)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.