Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EC now installed on CRj900

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2012, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I've actually never understood this. You are trying to give them money, why not take it? Did you try the time tested:
Effectively - I asked her (rhetorically, I guess, since her response was a shrug) "so they'd rather have the seats go empty?"

It's always something with DL. If the competition wasn't $800+ on this trip, you can be sure I wouldn't have been on DL.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by dcline414
Finally! RJs that are no longer inhumane for tall GMs!
It depends.

If you have a tall trunk, the window seats on CRJs are unbearable because you can't sit up straight due to the fuselage curvature. If I get stuck in an aisle (thankfully it's been a few years), I either have to slouch and mess up my lower back or tilt my head and get a horrible crick in my neck. Adding extra legroom does absolutely nothing to combat this issue.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
I'm on the 900s quite a bit between DFW-MSP, GRR-CVG, and DTW-DFW. Last week on DTW-DFW, took the opportunity to try row 5 of EC when an aisle seat opened up at the last minute presumably due to higher status medallion upgrades (compared to my usual exit row aisle selection as an FO). I'm of average height and I found the increased space in row 5 a welcome benefit, making the flight a lot more comfortable. Main issue was to lean over during boarding to avoid contact with bags but it was nice to exit the plane quickly. I'll be checking for this row in the future and fortunately I'm flying segment 60 later this month, so I can book directly into EC.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Upthread the question of EC vs Exit Row doesn't seem to be answered on these birds. Any thoughts?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Upthread the question of EC vs Exit Row doesn't seem to be answered on these birds. Any thoughts?
Given the exit rows on CRJ's tends to resemble the rest of the cabin, I'd go with EC, particularly the first row.

Old Nov 20, 2012, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by rwoman
Given the exit rows on CRJ's tends to resemble the rest of the cabin, I'd go with EC, particularly the first row.

Snagged the UG, but will agree row 5 is the way to go. Can't say about 6 etc.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by mnredfox
In my experience, on the smaller CRJs(200,700), you may run into fixed armrests on the first row of ec or economy. This happend to me mostly on comair flights, so it will be interesting to see where those ships end up.

The exit row seats tend to have no window armrest and thinner seat cushions.

I prefer the exit row if I can't get 1c in a 200 or 5b/c in a 900.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 8:45 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz Five Star Gold Plus, Club Carlson Concierge
Originally Posted by RacingJunkie
Where do they typically use the CRJ900, I've only seen it listed for ATL - BZE.
I have run into a few of them on OAK-LAX route. Also booked on a CRJ900 for a SLC-ORD leg on Christmas eve.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 2:47 pm

Programs: DL PM
First class, row 5, exit row, other EC, other coach IMO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.