Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Here we go again: Award price miles increase when I move from select to 'book'

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Here we go again: Award price miles increase when I move from select to 'book'

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:59 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Just viewed it on my PC, and I love it, Well done. Email it to Bob K. and ask him how the project to fix it is coming along.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Even better! Are you thinking of making any more changes, or are you ready to for people to help spread it?

Do you want to include any detail in the description about how long you've been having issues/how long they've been 'working' on a fix? (i.e., how long have they been working on those improvements mentioned @ http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ates/index.jsp and how long should customers be expected to wait?)
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Hmm... looks like because of the copyright on the music, syndication is not allowed. So it's either find some other music, or accept the fact that it won't play on mobile devices.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:45 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by javabytes
Hmm... looks like because of the copyright on the music, syndication is not allowed. So it's either find some other music, or accept the fact that it won't play on mobile devices.
Pity that Yakety Sax is copyrighted; it's the perfect soundtrack to Delta's laughable information technology and underscores how seriously management takes their customer-service issues.

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQf2TiwBFHo)
Old Apr 13, 2012, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
That one might actually be usable. The song I used is copyrighted too. In many cases, copyrighted music is allowed by content owners to remain embedded in YouTube videos, but with certain restrictions on syndication, and with ads showing and a link to Amazon or iTunes to purchase the song.

That one doesn't look like it has matched 3rd party content, whereas mine did.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Okay folks, version 2 is up. Let me know what you think. The old one is still up too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHDfkI6NNW8

This one should be iPad compatible too.
Well done!

I particularly enjoy the music... it is very agitating.

Now, how do you make this go viral?
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ascii
Even better! Are you thinking of making any more changes, or are you ready to for people to help spread it?

Do you want to include any detail in the description about how long you've been having issues/how long they've been 'working' on a fix? (i.e., how long have they been working on those improvements mentioned @ http://www.delta.com/skymiles/about_...ates/index.jsp and how long should customers be expected to wait?)
Good point.

When were we told that the award calendar was not working the way they wanted it to, and they would be fixing it?

Long before May 2010, IIRC.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: PA FT, TW Gold, NW/CO PE, VK Eagleflyer
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Good point.

When were we told that the award calendar was not working the way they wanted it to, and they would be fixing it?

Long before May 2010, IIRC.
There's this chestnut from Slippery Jeff. Apparently DL has been quickly working on this issue for 4 1/2 years. Glad that it's a management priority.

# 55 Jeff Robertson Says:
October 21st, 2008 at 4:38 pm
Hey everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to give our new Award redemption structure a try. Your feedback is invaluable, and we really do want to hear it – the positive and the negative. We’re listening.

...We also recognize that some of you have encountered technology issues while searching for or booking Award Travel. We’re working hard to make the delta.com experience customer-focused and customer-friendly. Our technology team is aware of the issues and is working quickly to correct them.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sabai
There's this chestnut from Slippery Jeff. Apparently DL has been quickly working on this issue for 4 1/2 years. Glad that it's a management priority.

Hey everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to give our new Award redemption structure a try. Your feedback is invaluable, and we really do want to hear it – the positive and the negative. We’re listening.

...We also recognize that some of you have encountered technology issues while searching for or booking Award Travel. We’re working hard to make the delta.com experience customer-focused and customer-friendly. Our technology team is aware of the issues and is working quickly to correct them.
^^^

But, they did change the color scheme a few times in the interim.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Sabai

Hey everyone,

A quote from this with his name, title, and date could be an extremely effective slide toward the end. "How much longer should we expect to wait?"
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:09 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
The video is freakin' brilliant! I agree with Ascii's suggestion of embedding the quote from Jeff R. at the end to call out the ridiculousness even further...

Well done!!!!
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by Deemus7
The video is freakin' brilliant! I agree with Ascii's suggestion of embedding the quote from Jeff R. at the end to call out the ridiculousness even further...
+1. For sure should do that, to show that Dullta is well aware of the problem and is "working hard" to resolve it - for years and years.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 11:48 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by RealHJ
+1. For sure should do that, to show that Dullta is well aware of the problem and is "working hard" to resolve it - for years and years.
You could also quote Richard Anderson's welcome video: "He built our airline on a foundation of honesty, integrity, and mutual respect." You decide whether the award pricing illustrated in the video fits that goal...
Old Apr 13, 2012, 1:01 pm

Programs: DL GM, SPG Gold
Okay folks, version 2 is up. Let me know what you think.
javabytes, you have turned a lurker into a poster. Bravo, good sir, for this video, and thank you.
Old Apr 13, 2012, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Love the youtube video, we need to start tweeting and linking the video to get tons of views. Time to go viral and get the truth out.

We should tweet it to @DLAssist too...

Last edited by mnredfox; Apr 13, 2012 at 5:26 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.