FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1334646-goodbye-sea-sux-res-friday-7-27-visit-seattle-discount-travel-codes.html)

dilbertsdaddy Apr 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Flygirl, if you are able to move might I suggest ATL? Being at HQ will give you the opportunity to spread the customer message to management and give you some additional opportunities. Sometimes change you did not want or ask for results in something even better. Good luck.

NWA/Deltaflygirl Apr 13, 2012 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by WillTvl4Food (Post 18381754)
Good heavens, we hope so! The folks in SEA have long prided themselves on the excellent service we provide, but we also humbly admit that we have a few among our ranks who don't share that vision. As the saying goes, there are always a few in every bunch!

Oh you KNOW it was ME, WillTvl4Food - I'm such an evil beasty! ;)

ADLFO Apr 13, 2012 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by socrates (Post 18381534)
I agree with the earlier comment - DL needs to transfer you guys to CVG & SLC to "help" the folks there become more Iron Range like (if you can explain a hot dish to them would be a plus too but we'll settle for just plain excellent service too)

Or get really bold and explain lutefisk... ;)

full disclosure: I can't stand the stuff, but I do like the Swedish Meatballs with lingonberry sauce at IKEA. :D

socrates Apr 14, 2012 4:24 am

Originally Posted by ADLFO (Post 18388633)

full disclosure: I can't stand the stuff, but I do like the Swedish Meatballs with lingonberry sauce at IKEA. :D

oh I forgot to add "and please be sure when you are finally transferred you disable the 'Beverly' dispenser those folks from ATL seem to like"....I think that's part of the issue

hazelrah Apr 14, 2012 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Eighty8MPH (Post 18377273)
Another interesting quote from the article:

“There was a lot of speculation the closure had to do with the city's choice of American Airlines over Delta for a federal air service grant. Exactly one week ago, Delta flew out of Sioux City for the last time.”

The "City" doesn't choose, the federal government chooses. Essential Air Service (EAS) is a fair, open and competitive bidding process.

Has Delta won any EAS bid in the former NWA territory?

ResSalesGuy Apr 15, 2012 8:28 pm

Delta domestic office closure sending calls to Jamaica!

Just heard from some friends that DL would rather have customers call Jamaica to deal with outsourced reps than to keep SUX and SEA res offices open....Sad day for the American worker...thoughts?

zsmith2 Apr 15, 2012 8:44 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...a-sux-res.html
The closures have nothing to do with pushing calls to VJE. There are plenty of openings in other call centers to make up for the closings.

ResSalesGuy Apr 15, 2012 8:45 pm

And Montego Bay is still taking calls!

The true irony is that DL would rather have you sit on hold and then send your call to Jamaice for everyone except PM/DM....it's a slap in the face of alot of fine people, and a total disregard for customer service....

N830MH Apr 15, 2012 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by ResSalesGuy (Post 18400168)
Just heard from some friends that DL would rather have customers call Jamaica to deal with outsourced reps than to keep SUX and SEA res offices open....Sad day for the American worker...thoughts?

What?!?!? You got kidding me? Why they calling in Jamaica? Something is not right. The customers calls should belongs in US and not in Jamaica.

Bear4Asian Apr 15, 2012 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by ADLFO (Post 18388633)

Some of us -even in SEA still eat and like lutefisk.

OnTheSlopes Apr 15, 2012 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by Bear4Asian (Post 18400651)
Some of us -even in SEA still eat and like lutefisk.

+1 All it takes is the right heritage and it's wonderful.

adamj023 Apr 16, 2012 3:20 am

Originally Posted by ResSalesGuy (Post 18400168)

Sounds good to me. Reservations should be done online, and for those who can't it should be automated with a computerized voice system. I actually think hiring offshore reps is overkill and here is why:

Delta ought to have consumers have direct access to the reservation systems via the internet and voice systems tied to their reservation systems. Actually having representatives over the phone to me is actually overkill and to me quite frankly shows that if they need such, it means their automated systems are failing the customer and not intuitive enough so they are needing hand holding from a representative.

Delta should put funds into aircraft, hiring qualified onboard personnel and pilots and equipment and into maintaining the airplanes they fly as well as terminal expansions.

I don't think it is a sad day for the american worker at all, I think it has to do with priorities and moving forward and not worrying about folks losing their jobs so that the firm can better progress.

In fact, with the Delta orders for Boeing corporation jets, there are more jobs for workers building modern jets at factories, working on terminal expansion and construction jobs and I hope in the future, more aircraft expansions and more pilots needed to fly those jets and even more hirings for flight attendent jobs and crew members and the like.

Delta has indeed given jobs right back to America and lots of them too.

The airline industry is pretty well known as to what can be done transportation wise, and the future progression is also well established.

Sabai Apr 16, 2012 3:34 am

Originally Posted by adamj023 (Post 18401263)

Delta ought to have consumers have direct access to the reservation systems via the internet and voice systems tied to their reservation systems .

Speaking of reggae-related topics, pass me that spliff, mon.

mtkeller Apr 16, 2012 3:48 am

I'll add my positive thoughts and hopes for those in SEA and SUX as they decide whether to remain with DL or try something different.

The one time I knowingly got through to SEA was as a lowly FO slated to fly MSY-ATL-LGW during the January 2011 winter weather event in ATL. As soon as the weather waiver was put on, I rang up the FO line and confused the heck out of the front-line agent by insisting that they should route me to LHR. She didn't seem to fully comprehend that LHR and LGW were co-terminals, but did eventually get me on the line with a supervisor in SEA. I told the supervisor the flights I wanted (MSY-MSP-LHR, which seems like a strange routing to avoid winter weather) and that I wanted to go out a day earlier, since that routing was after I'd completed my obligations in MSY. The supervisor spent some time figuring out if the rebook would be authorized, and then decided it could be done at no charge. She put me on hold while international reissue went about working their magic and kept coming back on to let me know that they were still taking care of things. After about 15 minutes, the ticket was reissued, and I received the confirmation email while still on the phone. IROPs handling like that are something that keep me with DL!

DLdweeb Apr 16, 2012 3:48 am

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy (Post 18388262)
Flygirl, if you are able to move might I suggest ATL? Being at HQ will give you the opportunity to spread the customer message to management and give you some additional opportunities. Sometimes change you did not want or ask for results in something even better. Good luck.

This assumes, of course, that management is interested in the customer's opinions.