FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1334646-goodbye-sea-sux-res-friday-7-27-visit-seattle-discount-travel-codes.html)

ADLFO Apr 10, 2012 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney (Post 18370504)
NWA/Deltaflygirl:
My personal wish is you could go to SLC and train the Fake Chisholm agents how things should be done.

No matter your employment status, please remember you are always welcome here as a valued member of, and excellent contributor to, FlyerTalk. ^

Agreed and agreed. Best of luck and I pray it all works out for you.

NWA/Deltaflygirl Apr 11, 2012 11:33 am

A lot of my co-workers and friends are going to transfer to other offices - so SEA expertise will be more evenly distributed through the DL system.

To be honest, I'm still reeling too much to make a decision... :(

DLroads Apr 11, 2012 11:42 am

Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl (Post 18369210)
We got the news today, we're closing on the 30th of August, so if you guys call and actually reach one of us over the next few days, be gentle.. *cries*

I was sorry to hear the news. It is a wrong decision, for whatever it's worth if DL media team is reading (and actually also consumes the information provided)

Originally Posted by DLdweeb (Post 18369682)
NWA/Deltaflygirl,

I am very sorry to hear this. I believe DL has some of the best front-line folks in the industry, and you are a prime example. I truly hope you and your associates are offered transfers or are otherwise taken care of. Please keep us informed, and best of luck.

+1

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter (Post 18370040)
I have always enjoyed and appreciated your "within the bounds of propriety" inside perspective on DL matters.

2) For our sake, I hope that DL offers you a suitable alternative opportunity, and you stay active here.

:)

Best of luck.

I can't believe this day has arrived, but StayingHomeIsBetter and I, at least implicitely, agree on something ;) I join the call to make you transfer into the social media group, NWA/Deltaflygirl! I hope they'll make you an offer to join them. That would be suitable option! maybe you will encourage them to increase the conversation...

Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl (Post 18370235)
Thanks for all of your kind words, folks - needless to say we are all 'shocked and saddened' (isn't that how the e-mails go?) by this turn of events - most of us left the office in tears this afternoon (yeah, myself included)
We'll be getting word of our options sometime next week... :(

Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl (Post 18373928)
A lot of my co-workers and friends are going to transfer to other offices - so SEA expertise will be more evenly distributed through the DL system.

I (and many others) hope that you will select a transfer to other office, ideally one that serves DM and PM pax... go SLC, or maybe- go Chisholm!

We are crossing fingers,

DLroads (et. al., aka- my team)

woody125 Apr 11, 2012 11:44 am

Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl (Post 18373928)

Dang. Sorry about this and I sure wish I/we were hiring right now. An in house Delta trained, people skilled, on the phone travel professional is just what we need but just can't afford at the moment.

Wishing you all the best from ATL!

HongKonger Apr 11, 2012 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by DLdweeb (Post 18369682)
NWA/Deltaflygirl,

I am very sorry to hear this. I believe DL has some of the best front-line folks in the industry, and you are a prime example. I truly hope you and your associates are offered transfers or are otherwise taken care of. Please keep us informed, and best of luck.

THIS

Hope all works out for the best for you NWA/Delta Flygirl

crank1225 Apr 11, 2012 1:31 pm

I hope for the best for all my friends at SUX RES. Remember your city council at the the next election. They are the reason for this.

AUDirt Apr 11, 2012 3:36 pm

Is this part of a consolidation plan? Are the reps moving elsewhere? Or are they simply reducing phone reservation capacity? :td:

RealHJ Apr 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Originally Posted by AUDirt (Post 18375665)
Is this part of a consolidation plan? Are the reps moving elsewhere? Or are they simply reducing phone reservation capacity? :td:

Likely most time of phone res is taken up for award reservations (the vast majority of which can not be done online). If there will be no more mileage award reservations due to the drastic SlyMiles program change, no more need for so many phone reservation centres. That is what it seems like to me. Also the timing in August is just around the time when (it seems like) your miles will become worthless and no longer usable for award travel, at least, not in any similar way to how it is now.

May be I am reading into this too much (I sure hope so), but, this is what it seems like, what may be the case..

Fly_Delta_Jets Apr 11, 2012 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by AUDirt (Post 18375665)

In Asia, all the call centers are being consolidated at SIN, but I'm not sure of the reasoning for the US closures--I guess the call volume didn't support two extra call centers. All the reps affected are being given the option to transfer to another call center, the ability to bid to open positions elsewhere at Delta, or a severance package/buy out.

NWA/Deltaflygirl, I'm so sorry to hear about this and wish you the best of luck. I hope you do take a transfer to another call center so you can continue to provide excellent customer service to DL's customers. Based off the tone of your posts, you are a true gem and it would be a great loss to both Delta and its customers if you indeed left :(.

-Travis

NWA/Deltaflygirl Apr 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by RealHJ (Post 18375750)
May be I am reading into this too much (I sure hope so), but, this is what it seems like, what may be the case..

Yes, I think you are - it's about utilizing actual office space, and consolidating - our office (like others) hasn't been at capacity for a long time, especially since the merger, and it's better for Delta to have more bodies in the buildings it has.

That and the fact that CVG, ATL, TPA etc need an infusion of SEA awesomeness...

WillTvl4Food Apr 11, 2012 7:02 pm

NWA/Deltaflygirl is correct. Delta has 9 call centers, all of which are underutilizing their capacity. So, instead of having 9 half-full call centers, Delta is closing down the two lowest staffed (and smallest in physical space) in order to cut costs. The call volume has been high enough that there isn't a need to reduce head count, and so all frontline employees are being offered the option to relocate if that suits them, try to bid into other positions, or furlough.

It's never easy to have to go through an office closure in any industry. I am hopeful that all of my colleagues take whatever option best meets their needs, and if they can stay with DL, even better.

tonypct Apr 11, 2012 7:24 pm

NWA/Deltaflygirl, let me add my best wishes to you and all the others affected by this sad turn of events. I sincerely hope you stay with DL in some capacity. We need you! But whatever happens and whatever you choose, I wish you much success. And based on our interactions with you, I don't believe you need all that many "best wishes." You will succeed no matter where you end up.

Please keep us posted.

NWA/Deltaflygirl Apr 11, 2012 7:46 pm

I want to take a moment to thank you guys - from the posts in this thread, to the kind PMs, it really means a lot to me... You rock! :cool:

vgb2001 Apr 11, 2012 7:55 pm

I would like to add my name to those who express how sorry they are to read this news. After having visited SEA, I can understand how difficult it must be to think of leaving. It is an awesome city!
However, being someone who relocated often, changing one's own environment can sometime be a great personal experience. If you do get the possibility of a transfer, you may want to give it a thought!
Best of luck to you!

Eighty8MPH Apr 11, 2012 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by landeej (Post 18370227)

This news report from a local Sioux City channel...

Thanks for sharing the article.
I found this quote from the story to be very interesting:

“The city said the airline is responsible for paying out the remainder of the lease and taxes. It will also hold them to paying back the remainder of a forgivable loan they were given as part of an incentive package to come to Sioux City in 2007. Officials are still going over the original contract, but at this point they estimate Delta will pay the city $500,000 dollars a year for the next five and a half years.”

If true, Delta will have to pay roughly $2,750,000.

Another interesting quote from the article:

“There was a lot of speculation the closure had to do with the city's choice of American Airlines over Delta for a federal air service grant. Exactly one week ago, Delta flew out of Sioux City for the last time.”