Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl
We got the news today, we're closing on the 30th of August, so if you guys call and actually reach one of us over the next few days, be gentle.. *cries*
I have always enjoyed and appreciated your "within the bounds of propriety" inside perspective on DL matters.

1) For your sake, I hope that DL offers you a suitable alternative opportunity.

2) For our sake, I hope that DL offers you a suitable alternative opportunity, and you stay active here.

Best of luck.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:37 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I have always enjoyed and appreciated your "within the bounds of propriety" inside perspective on DL matters.

2) For our sake, I hope that DL offers you a suitable alternative opportunity, and you stay active here.

Best of luck.
^

+1
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:39 pm

Not a good, recent run for former NWA properties.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
NWA/Deltaflygirl,

I am very sorry to hear this. I believe DL has some of the best front-line folks in the industry, and you are a prime example. I truly hope you and your associates are offered transfers or are otherwise taken care of. Please keep us informed, and best of luck.
+1 ^
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
NWA/Deltaflygirl,

I am very sorry to hear this. I believe DL has some of the best front-line folks in the industry, and you are a prime example. I truly hope you and your associates are offered transfers or are otherwise taken care of. Please keep us informed, and best of luck.
^ +1

This news report from a local Sioux City channel had a depressing line to read in the story: ""It's certainly not because of their performance or because of the success that they've had here in Sioux City because as we said, and as they have said, a number of times, they have their highest performing center here and I think one of their lowest cost centers," said Marty Dougherty, Economic Development Director."

If Delta are considering performance as part of the question of who they offer transfer opportunities to, I'm sure that some of us here would be happy to write a glowing note to DL Customer Service on your behalf.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
Thanks for all of your kind words, folks - needless to say we are all 'shocked and saddened' (isn't that how the e-mails go?) by this turn of events - most of us left the office in tears this afternoon (yeah, myself included).

For their credit, they didn't just waltz in this afters with the 'Don't come monday's, and I intend to stick by it until the very bitter end. We'll be getting word of our options sometime next week...
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:10 pm

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
NWA/Deltaflygirl, I am so sorry to hear this. I hope that you and your colleagues are offered new assignments and that this change somehow becomes an opportunity for you.

In addition to this blow to you and your associates, this is another sad step in the dissolution of Northwest Airlines.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

Best of luck.
Well said. Delta Fly Girl please do keep us posted as to your future. And we all sure hope it is with DL!!
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:36 pm

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat 100 (LT Gold), IHG Spire, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, National EE, Hertz Prez Circle
Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl
Thanks for all of your kind words, folks - needless to say we are all 'shocked and saddened' (isn't that how the e-mails go?) by this turn of events - most of us left the office in tears this afternoon (yeah, myself included).

For their credit, they didn't just waltz in this afters with the 'Don't come monday's, and I intend to stick by it until the very bitter end. We'll be getting word of our options sometime next week...
This is even greater of a testament to your character and commitment.

Having been on the losing side of a buyout and corporate dissolution, it's this outlook which will be your strongest asset, either with Delta in the coming months as opportunities arise or whichever other employment opportunity you choose and elevate with that outlook.

All the best, and keep us posted.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Hopefully these reps will have the ability to become Work at Home ones.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:01 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Originally Posted by Vuelos
Hopefully these reps will have the ability to become Work at Home ones.
Fingers crossed for this option so NWA/Deltaflygirl doesn't have to make any major changes to her life...unless, of course, that is something she wants to do.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
NWA/Deltaflygirl:

I am very sorry to hear this. I know I met a few SEA & SUX agents at one of the NWA Elite Reservation recognition events, and possibly you? Please keep us informed, and best of luck.

My personal wish is you could go to SLC and train the Fake Chisholm agents how things should be done.

No matter your employment status, please remember you are always welcome here as a valued member of, and excellent contributor to, FlyerTalk. ^
Old Apr 10, 2012, 9:51 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
Two more NWA call centers closing

Don't forget the two that were announced last week, NRT and BKK.

Last edited by NWA012; Apr 10, 2012 at 9:59 pm
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:04 pm

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
Very sorry to hear! I know there are several centers in the tri-state area, however, and I'm hopeful that you'll be actively targeted by the other companies. I'm not sure some of the BPOs will pay as well but there will likely be more opportunities for advancement if you're interested.
Old Apr 10, 2012, 10:08 pm

Very sorry to hear this, NWA/Deltaflygirl.

I got connected to SUXRES just last month when purchasing a ticket and using PU597 upgrades at the same time. The agent was very friendly and efficient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.