Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2012, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
thank you DLroads for organizing this - YOU ROCK! :-:
Old Jun 21, 2012, 10:51 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Back to pp.1

Hi all,

I want to get off the roads as many 'obstacles' as I can before I head out for almost two weeks. At the interim period, I will have limited access to net.

Therefore:

Please let me know travel plans:
Travel plans (flight #, ticket #, conf# or some of the above) are ideal. This way, the people who REALLY want to watch for your arrival, will be able to.
Discount codes- I see some are using them. Good work. Enjoy!
Registration: Please send the registration fee ($30) to [email protected] using paypal. If possible, not with the CC please, (thank you)- I forgot about the fees... paypal love fees! (we don't). Or, email me /pm me for an address to send the check, or work other solutions (I'l just buy percentages of your lifetime MQM... )

official and 'unofficial' events. We are on time for both, and you can feel free to join either/or/both. We have more space!

Which reminds me-

Please let me know (PM/email [email protected]) about your delta status (it helps us build 'weight' for the group.) We are already at 13 million MQM arriving. We have 10 million millers arriving. We have 21-23 people arriving. We want more! show us some flyertalk group action spirit !

Door prizes-
We are working on few, including one that was offered by BamaGirl (I'll let you search)

So, thank you all for standing at the right side of right.

Now, few more items-

If you cannot attend and still wish to donate for the cards to the center staff members, you can do so at [email protected], or email/pm me for address. 110% goes to the cards to the employees, their reception catering, etc. If you want, we would also figure out a way to make sure you can sign some cards as well. Remember! each card (for every employee) will be signed in hand by few visitors (or all, if you all want to sign about 200 of them...). No one will be left without a personalized thank you. From the very top manager in the center, to each and every employee.

If you can attend only Friday or only Sat, you are welcome on both! just register and let me know.

If you are locals... I will call upon you for small 'logistic' help.

If you are planning to use the event to do mileage runs/SDC to max miles, etc... have fun! if you want to let me know, let me know and I can always ask if someone can help you max it out...

Thanks!

DLroads

Last edited by DLroads; Jun 21, 2012 at 11:02 am
Old Jun 22, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
It's a GOOD DAY to add YOURSELF to the DO LIST

Why?

(a) It's Friday
(b) We can say big THANK YOU to the people who always watch our travel needs
(c) Because we want to have at least 15 million MQM in the room to do so
(d) Because you CAN!

So, we have about 22-23 people (subject to add/remove so far). We have them flying in from HKG, TLV, Melborne, New York, Atlanta, Boston, Dallas... well, where not? even Vancouver people are planning to join...Hi, we should even open a campaign to convince Deltalina to join the visit...

all that, and YOU will not be there?

We have thank you notes to EACH AND EVERY employee in the DL SEA CS. We need you all to sign them.

We have top pot doughnuts (which are addicting),

We have 'unofficial gathering' request in the employees' favorite spot.

We have great Seattle summer weather (much different than the 110 degrees I had last night in the city)

We have great 'unofficial' early arrivals reception, weekend travel, and saturday dinner.

We have great company,

We have door prizes from small ones to big ones to interesting ones to... well, I'm not sure...

We have guests of honor,

We are going to celebrate the success and long standing service of the people who always watch for us,

So what are we missing?

Oh, we are missing YOU. It's a good day to add yourself to the list. Use the discount travel codes (domestic or international). Use miles, comon' in!

See you in Seattle,

DLroads

reminder- effective tomorrow afternoon, I'd be on a short trip in the far east. I will be in limited access to email/FT/pm's. During this time, I will request Canarsie, (Yes, I should mention it to him) to help me handle thread updates, etc. (Thank you, I know you want to... )
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:14 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by DLroads
Door prizes-
We are working on few, including one that was offered by BamaGirl
Don't believe it! I visited LAS last year and met BamaGirl for the first time.
I took her to a romantic meal at Fuddruckers and then invited her back to my hotel where I could collect my door prize.

She slapped my face!

Originally Posted by mtkeller
Now that I know Dovster is coming to this do
The current attendance list is here: BamaGirl (most likely can't make it)
Gee, I wonder why.

we should even open a campaign to convince Deltalina to join the visit...
That's a no go. I sent her an e-mail inviting her. I even offered to allow her to share my lie-flat seat TLV-JFK.

Did you know that the famed "finger shake" does not only apply to "smoking on this or any other Delta flight"?

During this time, I will request Canarsie, (Yes, I should mention it to him) to help me handle thread updates, etc.
That's no good. Canarsie hates me and will remove any posts that I make.

No, I am not being paranoid. I just received a telephone call from him in which he said, "Dov, I just wanted to let you know that I hate you and will remove any posts that you make."
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:24 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Hi, we should even open a campaign to convince Deltalina to join the visit...
Why not?

We can celebrate the end of her reign as queen of the in-flight safety video on Delta Air Lines — although I understand she has a cameo appearance in the new safety video...
During this time, I will request Canarsie, (Yes, I should mention it to him) to help me handle thread updates, etc. (Thank you, I know you want to... )
I will do it.
Originally Posted by Dovster
That's no good. Canarsie hates me and will remove any posts that I make.

No, I am not being paranoid. I just received a telephone call from him in which he said, "Dov, I just wanted to let you know that I hate you and will remove any posts that you make."
I would never say I hate you, Dovster — publicly, anyway...
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:31 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Thanks to our organizers for their hard work!
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by DHalltheway
+1 ^
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by DHalltheway
You are very welcome

Originally Posted by dcline414
+1 ^
You are very welcome

Originally Posted by Canarsie
Why not?

We can celebrate the end of her reign as queen of the in-flight safety video on Delta Air Lines — although I understand she has a cameo appearance in the new safety video...
If you have any idea how to reach out to her about it, I know she is addicted to oreo and donuts. We have the doughnuts covered, I will 'kick in' oreo cookies (though I would vote biscoff)

And thanks for watching the ship on my travel! I will do a transfer update later today.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 12:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, MR Titanium, MR LTP, AA PlatPro, DL PM, UA Silver
If you have any idea how to reach out to her about it, I know she is addicted to oreo and donuts. We have the doughnuts covered, I will 'kick in' oreo cookies (though I would vote biscoff)
She is on Twitter and is quite active there.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 7:53 pm
Original Poster

Tanya - Former NWA Elite service line and now proud owner of Good Time Ernies is looking forward to hosting us on Friday!
Old Jun 22, 2012, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by LedgeT
She is on Twitter and is quite active there.
Please all join the goal by helping me tweet to Deltalina about the event. The more people she hears it from, the better our odds.

Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl
Tanya - Former NWA Elite service line and now proud owner of Good Time Ernies is looking forward to hosting us on Friday!
We will answer the call for duty, and social gathering at Good Time Ernie's Pub. The place is close to the call center, and indeed- many center members hang out there occasionally, because the owner is 'one of the team'. I had a call with the owner today and she is excited about the group coming to Seattle, and will work a good deal for us to invite all DL SEA CS employees who will come to the gathering to a first drink on us, the visitors. (Don't worry, we will get a nice welcome as well).

If you want to put it on your GPS/google maps, etc. it is at 15747 Ambaum Blvd SW, Burien, WA. If you put it on google addresses, please note that the pub is at the lower level so it cannot be seen on the street view directly. We will work out transportation or car pool as needed as it is 5-10 minutes drive from the center. (note: we may have a van to/from the terminal to the place, suggested by the owner. We will work the details). The current plan is to use the place as a first gathering point post the day of activities (or longer one, pending on the audience interest).

The place is a sports bar, and the owner requested that we will let her know (please list here, Pm or email me) if there are specific drinks/beer that you like in particular, so that they can stock on them in advance. But the general large variation of local and domestic draft beers, bottle beers, spirits, etc. is available (and she will work the wine to accomodate the crowd as we will request).

So, another event to the list. Please pledge to attend. Every drink you drink buys a drink to another DL center employee, though we already got a certain number of drinks for the DL SEA CS people. So, the center people (and I know there are few who are watching this thread)-- you are our guests, we have you covered. :-:

See you in Seattle,

DLroads
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Every drink you drink buys a drink to another DL center employee
My drinks will be Rum & Cokes. Please make certain that the DL center employee who gets a drink for each of mine is a beautiful woman who has no morals and atrocious taste in men.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster
My drinks will be Rum & Cokes. Please make certain that the DL center employee who gets a drink for each of mine is a beautiful woman who has no morals and atrocious taste in men.
Your wish is my command. Rum, Cokes, and beautiful ladies. I will attempt to supply all by random order, but I am not sure the bar stocks on Rum

Again, on a 'more serious' note-- the owner (former elite NW desk) wants to go the extra mile towards us. So, please let us know your perferences in terms of drinks, bar food, etc. so she can make sure to extend offerings/specials to the group (yes, she will consider bringing in things that are not on the regular menu/drink list).

Reminder:

While I am away, I have asked Canarsie to follow on the preperations, and also to look into the event's email. So, if you see a response from him- that is fine. No need to worry, the email was not hacked. :-)

See you in Seattle,

DLroads

Last edited by DLroads; Jun 22, 2012 at 11:16 pm
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:55 am

Programs: DL DM/3MM, Lifetime DL SkyClub, BA Gold, Amex Centurion, AVIS Chairman's, Hertz Platinum
I'm a little late to the party here, but may i still attend any of these events? I'm a Seattle local (Magnolia). I'd love to be a part of these events.

Best,
jacksafar

I'm also a 1.2MM if that helps. ; )

Last edited by jacksafar; Jun 23, 2012 at 1:00 am
Old Jun 23, 2012, 1:09 am
Original Poster

PM your info to DLroads - the more the merrier!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.