Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes

Goodbye SEA and SUX res...Friday 7/27 visit to Seattle with Discount Travel Codes

Old May 28, 2012, 12:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, AA Exec. Plat., DL DM, National E.E.
Originally Posted by bennos
We have Boltbus in the NE, they're owned (at least in part) by one of the majors (Greyhound, I think). Seat pitch is less than what you'll get on Amtrak, but otherwise the service is fine, with decent wifi and power at the seat (usually).

If it were me, I'd probably go for a ride on the Talgos
There are many, many ways to get from PDX to SEA, but BoltBus ain't one of them.

May I suggest PDX-JFK-SEA, or PDX-NRT-SEA?
Old May 28, 2012, 11:15 pm

Programs: DL DM + Reserve, SPG + HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
When do the activities start on Friday 7/27? Trying to figure out if I can take a morning flight from SFO and arrive at SEA at 9am.

Also, where do the activities start? Is the SEA customer call center close SEA airport?

So far SFO-SEA flights are $430 on Delta compared to $260 on US Air / United. Hoping those prices come down!
Old May 29, 2012, 1:20 am

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Plat, Hertz PC
Today was an awesome day for plane spotting on Beacon Hill / Boeing Field area. Saw some VX A320's on their way to SEA, but I could use some practice with a few experienced FT'ers. Hopefully we can work some plane spotting in to the event and it shouldn't be rainy in late July, but you never know with Seattle weather...
Old May 29, 2012, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by bigsaabowski
There are many, many ways to get from PDX to SEA, but BoltBus ain't one of them.
We DO have BoltBus now. Try the website and see.
Old May 29, 2012, 7:56 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by dailycavalier
When do the activities start on Friday 7/27? Trying to figure out if I can take a morning flight from SFO and arrive at SEA at 9am.

Also, where do the activities start? Is the SEA customer call center close SEA airport?

So far SFO-SEA flights are $430 on Delta compared to $260 on US Air / United. Hoping those prices come down!
The SEA CS center is just across the street from the terminal. So, our meeting/departure points would be at the terminal most likely.
Activities start time: This week, many of the relevant people are off so I cannot give an estimated beginning time. You can for sure make it to the THANK YOU part at the center (and the activities at the center) if you arrive to SEA at 9am. But, I do not know the schedule of the airport tour (if approved). It may be before or after. Since at least three people at DL who look into that are off until Friday, I will not be able to provide an answer. Will try to update as soon as I know.

Originally Posted by pleasantsn
Today was an awesome day for plane spotting on Beacon Hill / Boeing Field area. Saw some VX A320's on their way to SEA, but I could use some practice with a few experienced FT'ers. Hopefully we can work some plane spotting in to the event and it shouldn't be rainy in late July, but you never know with Seattle weather...
A potential element on our to-do list. However, going to the boeing field will require some minimum # of people as a group, and it may be a sat. event. We'll see. We have additional plane spotting areas for the airport, but I am trying to work something else. Please stay tuned.

Originally Posted by Uptown_Girl
We DO have BoltBus now. Try the website and see.
Uptown_Girl, you have the right spirit! Everything you get delta.com, or kayak, or hipmunk or your travel agent, or your booking agent, or your elite desk line to book for you using the code is legitimate, as long as it falls in the fare rules. If it does, the system should let you book it. For example, on K fare and above you are allowed a stopover, so if you need to visit two places, again- as long as you fall in the relevant travel dates.

For your question, dailycavalier I am not sure RT SFO-SEA would be the cheapest option, compared with, let's say SFO-SAN-JFK-SEA-MSP-SFO... just sayin' [and if you are not into MR, you can always SDC to something faster]

Reminder: So far, only one person sent me their travel plan. Please do so. It helps me track, and it helps the people who REALLY want to make sure they do EVERYTHING to keep your travel smooth do so. Just sayin' #2.

Last edited by DLroads; May 29, 2012 at 9:28 am
Old May 30, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
'W' Fare

Good morning,

clarification: 'W' fare would grant the same discount as a full fare/BE/FC. I am not sure if you can book it without having an international segment, but it may work. INTL travelers using the AF/KL code can always consider booking the same flight on a DL# (AF/KL metal), and then use the 'W' on DL.

For all other bookings, a reminder: please send me the details once you've booked. We want to make it a 'smooth' ride.

A note from the 'front line'-if you call the elite desk(s) for a booking, it should not really be a problem using a ticket desginator/meeting event code (Reminder- ours is NME6U). In case you 'fall' on an agent that is not certain, just ask them to put you on hold and consult with their fellow/manager, but it shouldn't be a problem. Booking through delta.com is working.

Cards update- We have mock ups ready in English, and we are finalizing the other languages. Thank you Canarsie for the follow up on this one.

Seattle Locals- I will outreach to you for small local 'logistics'/'double-checking'

Thank you all,

DLroads
Old May 30, 2012, 9:00 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by DLroads
Thank you Canarsie for the follow up on this one.
有難う御座います, DLroads.
Old May 31, 2012, 11:28 am

So far I have

4 flight plans (of four passengers)
4 locals (+one will be local by Mid July), that makes it a 9 so far and counting.

Please PLEASE let me know your travel plans as they are getting along.
[email protected] is the place for that!

Some people are planning to do ALOT to ensure your smooth ride.
Old Jun 1, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL DM + Reserve, SPG + HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by DLroads
For your question, dailycavalier I am not sure RT SFO-SEA would be the cheapest option, compared with, let's say SFO-SAN-JFK-SEA-MSP-SFO... just sayin' [and if you are not into MR, you can always SDC to something faster]
Agreed, and I love a good MR. I'm on a Mileage Jog in NYC this weekend for the Brooklyn Reality Tour

My schedule limits my departure to Thursday evening or Friday morning. Delta routing rules for SFO-SEA allow LAX or SLC as connections - no layovers in SAN, JFK or MSP this time!

Good news is that Delta fares are coming down now. May pull the trigger on a ticket soon.

Reminder: So far, only one person sent me their travel plan. Please do so. It helps me track, and it helps the people who REALLY want to make sure they do EVERYTHING to keep your travel smooth do so. Just sayin' #2.
Count me in tentatively for now. Would like to go but am still figuring out my schedule.

Also, how late will activities run on Friday? And do you think there will definitely be activities on Saturday?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:09 pm

Agreed, and I love a good MR. I'm on a Mileage Jog in NYC this weekend for the Brooklyn Reality Tour

My schedule limits my departure to Thursday evening or Friday morning. Delta routing rules for SFO-SEA allow LAX or SLC as connections - no layovers in SAN, JFK or MSP this time!

Good news is that Delta fares are coming down now. May pull the trigger on a ticket soon.

Count me in tentatively for now. Would like to go but am still figuring out my schedule.

Also, how late will activities run on Friday? And do you think there will definitely be activities on Saturday?

You are counted. For Friday, we will finish in the afternoon, if only for the fact that we expect an 'after-party'/'unofficial gathering' post working hours with some DL employees and visitors (note: we are not allowed drinks, etc. on the site, so we will make some 'unofficial' meeting at a bar for those interesting, that's the tentative plan...)

If the airport tour will be approved, the 'official' plan would go into the late afternoon.

Please note, that Sat. plans are not yet set and very 'liquid' now. It depends on participants and their interests, and will require additional 'fee' I presume.

I am not sure what would be 'baked' -- some had an interest in visiting Boeing, others just in local travel.

Our guest of honor offered a guided tour of downtown seattle, and I am willing to take her on that. So, please start raising the ideas (or PM/email me) so we can come with more tentative plans. I need to start closing out all plans, as I will be out of the country for the last week of June and first week of July. I want all plans to be set before that

Thank you all! See you in Seattle!

DLroads (now in MSP, tomorrow in MSY, after that... oh, well...)
Old Jun 1, 2012, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
Good time Ernie's is where we hang on some Fridays - it's owned by one of the gals who recently retired from our office!
Old Jun 1, 2012, 8:09 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by NWA/Deltaflygirl
Good time Ernie's is where we hang on some Fridays - it's owned by one of the gals who recently retired from our office!
Her name is Ernie?
Old Jun 1, 2012, 11:09 pm

Programs: DL 2 MM
SEA and Chisholm were the top two RES offices in the NW system. I hope a lot of the SEA Res office are offered SLC, they need help in SLC Res.

RC
Old Jun 2, 2012, 3:54 am

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
There are some great ticket prices to SEA from ATL right now. Coach (U) for $380 AI or First (A) for $828 AI. I did notice that the meeting code doesn't discount the FC ticket price at all though.

I, unfortunately, am still searching for award tickets though. DL is keeping the redemption value horrible (less than $0.01 per mile), as the cheapest coach awards are 40k for coach or 80k for FC.
Old Jun 7, 2012, 12:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I hate you! I hate everybody involved in setting up this Do!!!!

I had sworn off long flights. I was determined never again to subject myself to multi-hours in aluminum tubes. Then you came up with this Do!

To start off, DLroads is one of the organizers and he got me my KM status. I didn't get a chance to thank him in person when he was in Israel and I figured I owe it to him.

Secondly, NWA/Deltaflygirl has one of the qualifications to place her among my favorite people (the fact that she is female). Moreover, not too long ago I sent her a little bit of Israeli chocolate which she shared with others in the SEA office -- so that means there is an office full of women who have gotten chocolates from me and might need some comforting because of the closure.

Women who are both emotionally vulnerable and pre-bribed with chocolate? That is a Dirty Old Man's dream situation!

Thirdly, while the AF price was too high for Biz, I did manage to find a (purposely) convoluted itinerary on an M fare which got me upgraded for almost all of my segments.

Fourthly, I got a week's stay in Vegas for just a few dollars each night.

Fifthly, this is going to get me another year at Gold Medallion.

Lastly, I worked it out so that I will be spending a few days in ATL on my way back so I can smack Canarsie around for his part in setting up this trip.

So, count me in as a definite. In fact, I am as definite as I can be given the fact that I already paid for it and Delta does NOT allow a 24 hour grace period for trips beginning outside of the US.

Now, the big question: I do not want to rent a car. How convenient would an airport hotel be for this?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.