Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Bag fee waived w/ DL amex but MR's used?

Bag fee waived w/ DL amex but MR's used?

Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Unhappy Bag fee waived w/ DL amex but MR's used?

Apologies if this has been answered but when I did a brief search, I was unable to find anything.

My DL gold amex is attached to my skymiles account however, I used my amex MR points to book a flight san-jfk.

Has anyone had any luck getting the bag fees waived if holding a gold amex but using a diff card to book the flight?
Old Apr 9, 2012, 3:59 pm

You should get the free bag as long as the SkyMiles Amex is tied to your account, regardless of the credit card you paid with.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 5:38 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by GoBigRed
You should get the free bag as long as the SkyMiles Amex is tied to your account, regardless of the credit card you paid with.
Yup - if you have the Amex card attached to your SkyMiles account then you get a free bag regardless of how the flight was paid.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 6:12 pm

I always get the free bag when I book my travel using my corporate Visa.
Old Apr 9, 2012, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Sweet, thanks for the info.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.