VDB strategies out of GRU

Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, UA 1K, SPG Gold
VDB strategies out of GRU

Hi folks,

As of 10:47am, EF is showing

J0 C0 D0 I0 S0 Y7 B7 M4 H3 Q0 K0 L0 U0 T0 E0

for DL 104 (GRU-ATL) leaving at 9:30 pm tonight (seat map looks full). My final destination is BOS.

I have a few questions. Might that be enough to go into an oversold situation? How much might be given in situations like this? BE looks pretty full.

On the other hand, there's space on DL 120 to JFK. Might I be able to convince a GA or someone to switch me into BE on that flight in an op-up situation?

I know these are very hypothetical situations right now, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask (and I can take a good flamming :P)

Thanks
Old Mar 29, 2012, 7:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by anotherTCKid
Hi folks,

As of 10:47am, EF is showing

J0 C0 D0 I0 S0 Y7 B7 M4 H3 Q0 K0 L0 U0 T0 E0

for DL 104 (GRU-ATL) leaving at 9:30 pm tonight (seat map looks full). My final destination is BOS.

I have a few questions. Might that be enough to go into an oversold situation? How much might be given in situations like this? BE looks pretty full.

On the other hand, there's space on DL 120 to JFK. Might I be able to convince a GA or someone to switch me into BE on that flight in an op-up situation?

I know these are very hypothetical situations right now, but I figure it doesn't hurt to ask (and I can take a good flamming :P)

Thanks

If its Y7, then there shouldn't be any need for VDB strategies.
The only thing those EF #'s tell me is that you won't (unless your already sitting in J) get an op-up.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Yeah with M4H3 its very unlikely to be in an oversold situation. If by some odd chance they are looking for volunteers, then I would say go for it and provide the alternate routing with request to BE.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold, UA 1K, SPG Gold
I figured that with some H fares left and a gluttony of full fares, odds of op-up was slim, but might as well ask. A kid can dream.

No J for me this time. Due to a hiccup in the seat assignment, my aisle EC seat near became a middle seat in the rear. Good thing I caught it and was able to switch to the last EC seat... in the middle.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.