Search

ATL/DeltaDO Event Survey

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
ATL/DeltaDO Event Survey

Greetings all!

Recently a group of FTers had a little get together in Atlanta and the discussion quickly got on the topic of hosting another ATLDO/DeltaDO event. After over an hour of everyone throwing around different concepts we decided to post a survey to get feedback about the possibility of hosting another event.

You can find the survey at http://survey.atldo.com/index.php?sid=32459&lang=en Survey should take less than 10 minutes to complete. Results from the survey will be posted soon after the survey closes on April 8, 2012.

At this time there is no event planned and as far as we know Delta has not made any commitments to host another event. However, the feedback from this survey will be used to determine the interest level and what events would be most popular.

Special thanks for Tomphot for being the event host in ATL and helping me compile this survey. If you have any questions please let me know.

Wes

Last edited by WesNSpace; Mar 27, 2012 at 9:43 pm
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
I have two suggestion for 'on the job' events:

1. Porsche driver for a day.
2. FA for a day.

MO
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by MachOne

2. FA for a day.

MO

Go big... why not pilot?
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM

2. FA for a day.

MO
Ha, it won't happen. Even serving as GAs required a lot of trust from DL to let us deal with their passengers.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:31 pm

A better appreciation.....

I recently just co-organized the LGA-DO with iTanNicNic and it was a VERY simple affair...really just one afternoon with a lunch and one meeting with Delta people at LGA...

...and it gave me a whole new level of appreciation for all the work that goes into organizing something on the scale of an ATL-DO!!!

It is amazing just how much thought has to go into something and how difficult things get when you start having large numbers of people involved!

I tip my hat to the people who organized the previous ATL-DO!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:26 pm

Programs: Skyteam
how about DTW/DeltaDO?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:15 am

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Ha, it won't happen. Even serving as GAs required a lot of trust from DL to let us deal with their passengers.
"You don't ask, you don't get"

...and DL is free to run a background check on me. I've been cleared to be within a control room at a Nuke plant and also passed a Secret Service check one at least three occasions. I'm sure I'd be OK with DL.

MO

Last edited by MachOne; Mar 28, 2012 at 12:21 am
Old Mar 28, 2012, 1:23 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Burj
I recently just co-organized the LGA-DO with iTanNicNic and it was a VERY simple affair...really just one afternoon with a lunch and one meeting with Delta people at LGA...

...and it gave me a whole new level of appreciation for all the work that goes into organizing something on the scale of an ATL-DO!!!

It is amazing just how much thought has to go into something and how difficult things get when you start having large numbers of people involved!

Thank you!

2. FA for a day.
I had already asked several people about flight attendant for a day as early as October 2010.

While no one I asked at Delta Air Lines outright said “no”, federal regulations, logistics and safety issues alone would have made “flight attendant for a day” incredibly difficult to implement and become reality — but that was one of a number of venues we thought about adding to future Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk events — that is, if there was a possibility that they were ever going to happen again...
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:37 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I wouldn't mind being a wingwalker/baggage handler/ramper for an afternoon, especially if there will be another cookout on the tarmac!

I'd love to see the big cheeses' responses when the concept of hosting FTers comes up!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:56 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER

Glad to hear your event in NYC went well! It looks like you guys had a great time.

Yes, planning an event like the previous FT events at Delta in Atlanta is a full time job and then some!

I admire the creative thinking about the possible venues. I echo the comment that Canarsie made, that anything involving the Ramp or the Aircraft involves the FAA and government regulations. Not impossible, but certainly difficult with large numbers. 'nuff said about that.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, HHonors Diamond
As of this morning we have 58 full responses to the survey. There are a few partial responses that will be kicked out.

Burj- Looks like you guys had a great time! I wish I could joined in! I'm there next time for sure. I've said it before but atldlff, Canarsie and ATLRunner did the hard stuff. Some amazing complex things had to come together and they pulled it off with style. They should start a business and hire me. Just an idea :-)

Originally Posted by skchin
how about DTW/DeltaDO?
I was thinking the same thing - one of the reasons that we included the question about other possible mini events.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:35 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA (new!) Silver, AA Hater, Marriott Down to Gold, Hilton grunt
I've completed the survey and am very happy this is being considered!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
on a not-so related topic: I think one of the entrepreneurs who left FlyerTalk to start another aviation-related site also puts on these "MegaDos" for other alliances. I hear they have been toying with the idea of one for SkyTeam. Any word on that or if DL would prefer to work with a commercial group such as that vs this team?
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
I'd love it if you guys could 'listen in' with us at Res - or maybe NOT!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 11:46 am

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Realizing the logistics behind this would be phenomenally complicated, I'd love the idea of a "MegaDO" style event that, say, started with a day of events at JFK before flying to DTW that night, and then perhaps SLC the next night. The optional international add-on would, of course, be NRT

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.