Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Generous FA, or Enabler?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2012, 9:33 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Originally Posted by Spiff
C'mon, Woodford's tasty but it's hardly Booker's, Bakers, or many of the other fine small-batch bourbons available.
Woodford is better than Booker's IMO...

and the comparison is really Woodford vs the other whiskies available on airlines...

I do think that mixed drinks taste better with better quality spirits overall, if you must mix....

i.e. for a 'whiskey and coke'
jack and coke < crown and coke < woodford and coke
Old Mar 29, 2012, 10:05 am

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
I received a ceremonial bag of 4 WR after a Thanksgiving Day flight from SAN to DTW. I think the smart FAs have realized that this often results in a Job Well Done certificate from higher status flyers.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 11:33 am

Programs: Delta -DM"working on KM" Hhonors-Gold Priorityclub- Plat
Could it be a kickback deal from WR? I hope so!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond
I dont typically drink, so Woodford, to me, means the same as anything in Swahilli....however, my kids love those Biscoffs to take in their school lunches. One flight, I stepped into the galley, told an FA about this and asked for a couple of extra to go...she brought me a bag with about 30 of them in it!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 1:22 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by aubreyfromwheaton
Woodford is better than Booker's IMO...

and the comparison is really Woodford vs the other whiskies available on airlines...

I do think that mixed drinks taste better with better quality spirits overall, if you must mix....

i.e. for a 'whiskey and coke'
jack and coke < crown and coke < woodford and coke
Makers and Coke is my preference due to the sweetness of the Makers. Woodford and Coke or neat is fine too. Jack only when no bourbon available. Crown would probably send me to a vodka drink instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.