Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Before you order a drink on GoJet...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:01 am

Programs: WN A+, AS MVP, UA 1P
I've seen this on pretty much every airline, large and small. That crashing and banging you hear from the rear galley as everyone's boarding? That's the flight attendants dropping bags of ice on the floor to break them up.

Your call whether to consume it or not. It doesn't really bother me personally.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:13 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by NYCsoundguy
You put ice in your beer?!?!?
Originally Posted by T.J. Bender
Is it sad that that's the first thing that came to my mind about this thread, and the most lasting impression it's left on me?
Not sad at all. So far, it's the only post that caused me to pause to think...
Old Mar 27, 2012, 4:17 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pleasantsn
So this is your trip report huh? Makes me think twice about ordering my scotch on the rocks. But then again, I never fly GoJet, so hopefully this is not standard procedure on mainline A/C.
Think harder. Your scotch (and my Woodford Reserve) will kill anything on the ice.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 6:53 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by iTanNicNic
Obviously what I thought would start a discussion failed horribly and turned into a forum to accuse me of being a germophobe.

Forget I posted anything.
While I don't see an issue with the ice, you are forgetting the first rule of the Delta forum. "Attack the OP."
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:00 am

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by CA1900
I've seen this on pretty much every airline, large and small. That crashing and banging you hear from the rear galley as everyone's boarding? That's the flight attendants dropping bags of ice on the floor to break them up.
^ The only difference is I've never taken a picture. I've seen this on practically every flight I've ever taken on any airline. (BE, First, Y, etc.)
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
Order a nice glass of red wine, no ice needed

I fly out of STL and have had generally good experiences with Go Jet as a United Express carrier for several years now - until their recent signing with DL the only service Go Jet provided was CRJ-700 service for UA. I'm not a fan of Go Jet's parent Trans States Airlines, but that is mostly a factor of the ERJ-145s that they fly. The big concern that I had with Trans States was when DL sold Compass to Trans States, but so far that seems to be working well.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by lsugolfer
How on earth do you break up ice?
Ice pick? Oh wait...I mean terror device. Sorry, you're going to have to ingest germs to ensure safety.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 7:42 am

Programs: AA Concierge Key, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, National Car Executive Elite
Originally Posted by tkey75
Ice pick? Oh wait...I mean terror device. Sorry, you're going to have to ingest germs to ensure safety.
Maybe I've grown complacent since 9/11, but I really don't see a problem with letting a flight attendant have useful tools to do their job like an ice pick and a cork screw. With the all of the extreme annoyances that TSA puts us through to get through security, these simple implements should be safe to have on the plane. I believe that if someone tried to hijack a plane with cork screw or ice pick, all of FC would jump and neutralize the terrorist in this day and age. Look at what happened with the AA FA who snapped two or three weeks ago. Several passengers responded as soon as it was apparent that the FA has lost it.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:07 am

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Dropping it on the ground/floor is easier...those "hammers" never work and take too long. Besides, there's no more germs on that floor than in the seat the OP sat in.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:08 am

Not sad at all. So far, it's the only post that caused me to pause to think...
Sometimes a light beer with a few cubes of ice in a Styrofoam cup is the way to go!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: DL DM/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by james318
While I don't see an issue with the ice, you are forgetting the first rule of the Delta forum. "Attack the OP."
+1 ^

My skin has definitely gotten a lot thinker since I started posting in this forum. I might be upset about that if my feelings hadn't already been completely destroyed by all my fellow FT'ers "helpful" comments!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 12:01 pm

Thick skin is in order. I wouldn't take any of what might be seem like personal attacks on Flyer Talk seriously. If anyone is out on Flyer Talk trolling for an opportunity to make personal attacks on posters, then they probably should be written off as bitter losers who hopefully take the next flight after yours on another carrier!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by NYCsoundguy
You put ice in your beer?!?!?
The horror!!!
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:16 pm

Thick skin is in order. I wouldn't take any of what might be seem like personal attacks on Flyer Talk seriously. If anyone is out on Flyer Talk trolling for an opportunity to make personal attacks on posters, then they probably should be written off as bitter losers who hopefully take the next flight after yours on another carrier!
BTW, this is the most tame forum I frequent. Most allow cursing, OP's to be challenged, etc.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 1:52 pm

Once again I am amazed at the posts on this board

LOL!

(If this is the WORST thing that you can find to start a thread about then things aren't as bad as others make them sound )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.