Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's Going On With SkyClub Cards?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat, AMEX Centurion (And All That Goes With It)
What's Going On With SkyClub Cards?

What is going on with Delta SkyClub membership cards? I made Diamond in 2011. I have received three separate mailings for SkyClub membership cards expiring anywhere from 2013-2016. The most recent one came today with a membership that expires in August of 2016. Been off of Flyertalk for a bit, so sorry if I missed any updates on this.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL DM / 2MM - Marriott Ambassador
I'll take 3 over the NONE that I have received.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I renewed DM about a year ago and did not yet receive the new card, although my account has been updated to reflect my SC membership after my March 1 problem.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
I haven't received one either, and I actually purchased a membership. Four months ago. Repeated requests go unanswered.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
I'm not sure that I ever received a separate SC card after paying for my membership last July. Is there an instance where you actually need the card?

I am traveling internationally next week for the first time since joining the SC, but was under the impression that my international BP and GM (STE+) status would gain me access to a partner lounge. Someone please let me know if this is not the case!
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dcline414
I'm not sure that I ever received a separate SC card after paying for my membership last July. Is there an instance where you actually need the card?

I am traveling internationally next week for the first time since joining the SC, but was under the impression that my international BP and GM (STE+) status would gain me access to a partner lounge. Someone please let me know if this is not the case!
Yes, you get SC access when traveling internationally as a SkyTeam ElitePlus. In some stations, you will get an invitation card from the check in counter but in more places showing your boarding pass(es for USA domestic connections) and your GM card will work. However, there are some additional lounges on the SC member list that are not SkyTeam lounges. Compare the drop down menu for access method and look at the lounge lists there to see the difference. Similarly, a BE boarding pass gets you into most lounges, but not necessarily all of them. Members can have different guest privileges.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:06 pm

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
I got one expiring Dec 2015 recently. Strange.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:22 pm

Programs: DM, KM,
got my third one today with expiration of June 2015.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 5:35 pm

Programs: DL DM 2MM, former NW plat
In my experience you need to show a valid Skyclub card to gain access to Virgin Australia lounges, boarding passes (even BE boarding pass) doesnt do it. I would imagine it would be easier to gain access to many non-delta clubs and non skyteam lounges with a valid card.

Happy flying
Swinster

Last edited by swinster; Mar 26, 2012 at 5:36 pm Reason: spelling
Old Mar 27, 2012, 3:29 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Silver
SkyClub cards

I got a card with someone else's name on it. Presumably someone else got mine as well. I e-mailed Delta six weeks ago, but no reply or new card as of yet..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.