Wiki Posts
Search

737-700 "BusinessElite" Best Seat?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - DM, Charter KM; Marriott Ambassador
737-700 "BusinessElite" Best Seat?

Have 1A/D and 2D as options. From reading past posts it sounds like the leg room in 2D may be just as limited as 1D. Was originally going to book 2D but hate being "trapped" once 1D reclines.

I'm 6'1". Any issues with BH on this plane?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: Delta DM, AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, HHoners Gold, SPG Gold, National ExecElite, Hertz PC, Avis First
If recline bothers you, definitely go for the bulkhead. It's not that much of a difference.

Also note that there is no such thing as a BusinessElite 737-700. Your plane will have plain-old domestic first class seating. Unfortunately, Delta's reservation system has a habit of calling the premium cabin of any flight coded as Business as BusinessElite, even though the flight is clearly on a domestic aircraft (the flight number is a continuation of an international flight, hence the coding difference.) This discrepancy between the reservation system and reality confuses many, and there is always a post just like this every couple of weeks.

Happy flying
Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks!!! Any difference between 1 A/D? FWIW, it's an international flight (ATL-BOG)...sad to hear about the seats. :-/ Since its coded as Bus Elite I'm assuming I'll still have access to Sky Club?

Again, thanks for the help! I've only recently begun traveling semi-regularly for work so appreciate you answering my newbie questions. :-)

Last edited by MichaelKade; Mar 25, 2012 at 8:46 am
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:05 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MichaelKade
Thanks!!! Any difference between 1 A/D? FWIW, it's an international flight (ATL-BOG)...sad to hear about the seats. :-/ Since its coded as Bus Elite I'm assuming I'll still have access to Sky Club?

Again, thanks for the help! I've only recently begun traveling semi-regularly for work so appreciate you answering my newbie questions. :-)
You still will have SC access. You get the big pillows and duvets....also, the menu is an upgraded menu on flights to/from Colombia where you will have several choices (3 or 4) of BE meals. It is BE-lite since its such a short flight (by intl BE standards at only 4+ hours) but still service-wise leaps and bounds ahead of a domestic US flight. I actually enjoy the flights to/from BOG, always have a great crew and only being 12 seats in F service is usually pretty good
Old Mar 25, 2012, 9:10 am

And to answer your question about seats 1A/D they are just standard bulkhead seats, I find them to have limited legroom and they make it harder to stretch out your legs unless you post them up on the wall. However, it is nice to not have anyone reclining into you. The 73W seats don't recline too much though so I always try and select seats in row 2 if possible but there really isn't too much difference. It really just boils down to personal preference on this type of plane. If you are at a window seat and need to get up, the person in the aisle seat no matter what row you are in will likely have to get up too. Enjoy the champagne and the service!
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:38 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Have 1A/D and 2D as options. From reading past posts it sounds like the leg room in 2D may be just as limited as 1D. Was originally going to book 2D but hate being "trapped" once 1D reclines.

I'm 6'1". Any issues with BH on this plane?
I flew in 1A on this plane from ATL to SNA yesterday. I think the bulkhead F seats have the least leg room of any in the DL fleet. Row 10 (the Y bulkhead row) appeared to have more leg room. At 6'1" you will be uncomfortable. I am not that tall and my legs ached quite a bit after the 5+ hour flight.

That said, I was able to exit to the aisle without 1B getting up. And you will feel very cramped overall in rows 2 and 3 if the seat in front fully reclines. You will be able to stretch your legs, however.

Bottom line, there are no good F seat options on the 737-700. Your only choice is the specific way in which you will be uncomfortable.
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by Stripe
I flew in 1A on this plane from ATL to SNA yesterday. I think the bulkhead F seats have the least leg room of any in the DL fleet. Row 10 (the Y bulkhead row) appeared to have more leg room. At 6'1" you will be uncomfortable. I am not that tall and my legs ached quite a bit after the 5+ hour flight.

That said, I was able to exit to the aisle without 1B getting up. And you will feel very cramped overall in rows 2 and 3 if the seat in front fully reclines. You will be able to stretch your legs, however.

Bottom line, there are no good F seat options on the 737-700. Your only choice is the specific way in which you will be uncomfortable.
After reading this I am happy that I am vertically challenged and only about 5'9" haha I have to fly these planes a lot to UIO and BOG and for some reason prefer them to the 75X that shows up in the summer and Xmas period....no idea why. Maybe its because the IFE seems to work on the 73W more often than it does on the 75Xs in my experience. They should just remove one row of Y and make the FC pitch a respectable 42-45 inches for the length of flights they have these things flying. On a side note has anybody seen the plan for adding EC to the 73Ws? Are they keeping the same number of seats or reducing the Y seat count?
Old Mar 25, 2012, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stripe

That said, I was able to exit to the aisle without 1B getting up. And you will feel very cramped overall in rows 2 and 3 if the seat in front fully reclines. You will be able to stretch your legs,
Wow, what options! LOL

Thanks for the added info. Knowing I can exit the row without the aisle pax having to get up makes 1D a definite for me as I have to get up anyway 3x on a flight of that duration. That and I'm sure given the limited leg room of 1D, if I'm in 2D I'll have a seat reclining into me.

Besides, I can always take off my flip flops and prop my feet on the BH wall. ;-)
Old Mar 25, 2012, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL PM, SkyClub, CO, AA, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver

Besides, I can always take off my flip flops and prop my feet on the BH wall. ;-)
Euuuuuuuuuuu

haha
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE=Stripe;18270327]Bottom line, there are no good F seat options on the 737-700.QUOTE]

You are generous and kind.

Ended up taking 2D. Definitely recommend the C/D side of the plane if it's a night flight as the light from the galley looked bothersome to those on the A/B side.

The person in 1D did not recline, however, the gentleman in 1C did. To say the gentleman next to me in 2C was "cramped" would be an understatment. In fact, with 1C fully reclined even with 2C out of his seat it was difficult for me to exit due to the recline. It was within a few inches of touching the center divider.

Very relieved I did not take a BH. I don't even think I'd take an aisle BH. Also, row 3 *barely* reclined and I'd avoid it at all costs. My experience was alright only because 1D did not recline. If they had... my goodness.

Also, standard cotton ball and sheet - no pillow/duvet.

I've on a 73W on the way back too, however, looks like there's a 752 that takes the same route that I'll shoot for in the future. BH on that should be better (I hope).
Old May 11, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
cut out

Does either side of these bulkheads have the cut out portion at the bottom?
Old May 11, 2013, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by thebat
Does either side of these bulkheads have the cut out portion at the bottom?
No. The business class bulkheads in my opinion are the worst seats on the plane and don't have the cutout like the 319s have. Row 2 is really the only respectable row where you get some legroom and full recline. Sadly row 10 is better than any business class seat on the plane pitchwise. I'd estimate row 10 to have at least 40 inches of legroom (probably closer to 45). Too bad they didn't allow row 1 to have such generous pitch!
Old May 11, 2013, 4:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by GYEWorldTraveler
No. The business class bulkheads in my opinion are the worst seats on the plane and don't have the cutout like the 319s have. Row 2 is really the only respectable row where you get some legroom and full recline. Sadly row 10 is better than any business class seat on the plane pitchwise. I'd estimate row 10 to have at least 40 inches of legroom (probably closer to 45). Too bad they didn't allow row 1 to have such generous pitch!
+1... the 737s really are not that great up front. Row 2 is as good as it gets.
Old May 11, 2013, 11:18 pm

I got to experience "BusinessElite" going from DTW to LAX. It is so much BS. The service is anything but "Elite". It is very ordinary. The seating was pretty much like ever other DL domestic F cabin. I was hoping it would be something nicer. I had experienced a much nicer 737 with DL going from PDX to ATL. Might have been the 737-800.
Old May 11, 2013, 11:52 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
Originally Posted by Indy
I got to experience "BusinessElite" going from DTW to LAX. It is so much BS. The service is anything but "Elite". It is very ordinary. The seating was pretty much like ever other DL domestic F cabin. I was hoping it would be something nicer. I had experienced a much nicer 737 with DL going from PDX to ATL. Might have been the 737-800.
There is no Business Elite inside the US, besides JFK-LAX/SFO. The front cabin is labeled "BE" if its an international flight number but it is domestic F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.