Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

This Is How I Roll :) End of Week DL Fun

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

This Is How I Roll :) End of Week DL Fun

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL - KM/DM MM, AA - AP, HHonors Diamond, Emerald Exec Elite
Talking This Is How I Roll :) End of Week DL Fun

As I sit here and read about all the changes, rumors, new medallion classes (KM will always rule, all Hail BogusRogus!) and especially the gate lice & DYKWIA stories I started to chuckle and thought to myself:

The week is coming to an end... since I'm traveling TPA-MSP-LAS on Sunday once again for yet another tradeshow I should take some time in the office and prep ALL my DYKWIA tags to put on my laptop bag. I only need to cordinate some FO's to play the trumpets as I push aside the gate lice on my way to the front of the SP line and proclaim DYKWIA in unison as loudly as possible... Any volunteers?

On a more serious note... I only keep the KM tag on my bag but should put all of them on this weekend and see what reactions I get as a social experiment... Have a great weekend everyone!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by TpaDeltaSlave
As I sit here and read about all the changes, rumors, new medallion classes (KM will always rule, all Hail BogusRogus!) and especially the gate lice & DYKWIA stories I started to chuckle and thought to myself:

The week is coming to an end... since I'm traveling TPA-MSP-LAS on Sunday once again for yet another tradeshow I should take some time in the office and prep ALL my DYKWIA tags to put on my laptop bag. I only need to cordinate some FO's to play the trumpets as I push aside the gate lice on my way to the front of the SP line and proclaim DYKWIA in unison as loudly as possible... Any volunteers?

On a more serious note... I only keep the KM tag on my bag but should put all of them on this weekend and see what reactions I get as a social experiment... Have a great weekend everyone!
^^

Thanks for the laugh!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 10:39 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
And I thought I had lots of luggage candy!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: Delta gm Spg gold hilton gold hyatt platinum hertz presidents avis presidential
Whoa that's a lot! Pretty cool
Old Mar 22, 2012, 11:57 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
You're missing the Ham Sandwich Medallion tag......
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Dia, Avis Pres Club
They must add 5 pounds to the weight of your bag
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DLdweeb
You're missing the Ham Sandwich Medallion tag......
^ LMAO, I just read this as I was eating a Jimmy John's sandwich and felt guilty I didn't include that one. I carefully peeled the sticker off the wrapper for now to put on a tag until I find the real deal Ham Sand sticker

Originally Posted by Singleflyer
They must add 5 pounds to the weight of your bag
not really only the DM cowbell tag adds weight, the KM tag is the only one that matters
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:13 pm

Programs: HH Gold; AA AAdvantage Mbr; DL Skymiles Silver Medallion; World of Hyatt Mbr; NK Free Spirit Mbr
DYKWIA?
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold
Do you know who I am
Old Mar 22, 2012, 12:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
I don't
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:49 pm

.. should put all of them on this weekend and see what reactions I get as a social experiment...
At first glance, I read 'erections' and had to re-read it twice to make sure

Must. Have. Eyes. Checked. A.S.A.P.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott

Better yet, if you are upgraded, have nothing on your bag except for a silver medallion tag and see how many evil stares you get from passing GM/PM/DM that weren't upgraded.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:30 pm

Programs: Hilton, United, Gold DL
Must suck making the walk of shame back to coach as a KM.
Old Mar 22, 2012, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aviatorzz
Better yet, if you are upgraded, have nothing on your bag except for a silver medallion tag and see how many evil stares you get from passing GM/PM/DM that weren't upgraded.
That's an excellent idea, I booked an A fare so I'm in F the whole trip, except I trashed my FO and GM tags about 13 years ago... all these others were literally stuffed in the back of my junk drawer in my desk except for the last PM and DM tags...

Edit... I can put the AA tag on, then tell them I made the upgrade on status match + the Delta AX card!!
Old Mar 22, 2012, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by RacingJunkie
Must suck making the walk of shame back to coach as a KM.
Never Happens!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.