Search

Time to stop the nonsense

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:30 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum

I have stopped buying tickets from delta until clarifying the future situation.Everyone who flys often enough please let who ever you can know about the dark future which will become of delta.Tell who ever you can as to great a small shock(very small but still).
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:42 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
I'm not sure what you mean by that last sentence? Also, is it really wise to count Delta out until you know what the program changes actually are? They may be dire, but they may be an addition to the program rather than a replacement.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:44 pm

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
We can speculate all we want but until something is announced/implemented, it seems pretty silly to make knee-jerk reactions based on gossip.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:48 pm
Original Member, Moderator: Hotel Deals and MilesBuzz

The SkyMiles is falling! The SkyMiles is falling!

Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:53 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'
Original Poster

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Honestly seems like this would totally be a delta move
Old Mar 21, 2012, 12:56 pm

Programs: DL PM | Marriott Gold | Alaska Gold
It could totally be a Delta move, but what's the point of speculation without facts? I'll admit I've started looking at other programs to move to, but for the final word from DL before I do.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by flymanbeast
Can this thread be classified as nonsense?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL DM, SPG AMB, National EE
Originally Posted by akonradi
Can this thread be classified as nonsense?
+1
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:20 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by MileageAddict
The SkyMiles is falling! The SkyMiles is falling!

+1 ^
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:36 pm

Programs: DL Gold
As a 100% discretionary leisure sLUT flyer, I will not buy another DL ticket until it clarifies what is going on. Not out of protest, but out of prudence. If DL wants to change the rules to better reward the high rollers, fine, but say so. I'll then evaluate whether it makes sense to fly DL.

It has botched communications time and time again ... it's the uncertainty I can't tolerate. DL's recent record of changes under the cover of night (and the contempt with which they're delivered) has left me with zero faith that my RDMs or MQMs will be worth anything come morning, let alone 2013.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 1:45 pm

Programs: DL PM | Marriott Gold | Alaska Gold
Originally Posted by Etereve
As a 100% discretionary leisure sLUT flyer, I will not buy another DL ticket until it clarifies what is going on. Not out of protest, but out of prudence. If DL wants to change the rules to better reward the high rollers, fine, but say so. I'll then evaluate whether it makes sense to fly DL.

It has botched communications time and time again ... it's the uncertainty I can't tolerate. DL's recent record of changes under the cover of night (and the contempt with which they're delivered) has left me with zero faith that my RDMs or MQMs will be worth anything come morning, let alone 2013.
I think that sums up how most of us feel pretty well.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP

+1
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:28 pm

Programs: DL DM
...and for those of you that have to fly for business...carry on with your normal day. I'm sure DL will be fine without the leisure diamond LUT.
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM

Your basing your decision on a rumor.. on hearsay, on things you heard on an internet forum. Do you really think that's a prudent move to make?
Old Mar 21, 2012, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Your basing your decision on a rumor.. on hearsay, on things you heard on an internet forum. Do you really think that's a prudent move to make?
Seems logical to me. I have no need to buy tickets right away, so why not wait until closer in to see if any announcement has been made.

What if the fare difference between L and K is $10, but Delta announces that LUTE fares earn less toward status than KQH? I would feel stupid for booking a bunch of travel far in advance that didn't really save my client any money and cost me making a status tier next year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.