Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Gives out AMEX GC's and a Free Trip to Ireland on 3/17

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec

LINK
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by lsugolfer
Stuck in economy... oh the irony
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:53 pm

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
Found it kind of funny that only the FC people got the gift cards, and then an FC seat wins the trip to Ireland too. If I were them, I wouldn't have even published that video, it's just going to piss off every non-status DL coach flyer who sees it.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles KM, Sky Club/Priority Pass, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by pdisme
Found it kind of funny that only the FC people got the gift cards, and then an FC seat wins the trip to Ireland too. If I were them, I wouldn't have even published that video, it's just going to piss off every non-status DL coach flyer who sees it.
It seems like it's doing just that: https://www.facebook.com/delta/posts/391832554161142

The person who suggested that everybody who didn't win should get free tickets gave me a good chuckle.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by beckoa
Stuck in economy... oh the irony
This.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: Skyteam
What route was this?
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:03 pm

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
Wow yep, that's going to get out of hand real quick as more people see it.

And a $25 gift card for biz class? That's what most of the people in the back probably paid to check their first piece of luggage; giving it to people who can check three bags free and then putting it on youtube/facebook is just dumb.

I think they should give away four $25 gift cards to middle-seat coach passengers on every flight; you might actually see people rushing for the middle seat but it would certainly do more for good will of the customers.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by skchin
What route was this?
JFK-SFO, though I think they gave out the GCs on all the JFK-LAX and JFK-SFO flights that day.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:24 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by pdisme
I think they should give away four $25 gift cards to middle-seat coach passengers on every flight; you might actually see people rushing for the middle seat but it would certainly do more for good will of the customers.
One of the UA pilots (Capt. Denny Flanagan) writes short notes to all middle-seat pax on the back of his business card on each of his flights. Makes a very good impression, especially when those in the aisle and window seats realize the middle-seat guy has a note from the captain hand-delivered by a FA.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Is it wrong that I'm glad this is going to backfire??
Old Mar 19, 2012, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA, AA, CO
Originally Posted by lsugolfer
Is it wrong that I'm glad this is going to backfire??
Pretty sure a contest can't require a purchase to enter, so yeah they %^&*ed up. Now, the AMEX gift card, since it went to every passenger in first, could simply be called a gift for flying FC.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:36 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
I got the giftcard on the SFO-JFK red eye leaving Friday night and landing Sat. morning. They announced to the entire flight that economy would receive headsets, but were very discreet in passing out the gift cards and did not announce this on the intercom.

No free trip on my flight though.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ryandc99
I got the giftcard on the SFO-JFK red eye leaving Friday night and landing Sat. morning. They announced to the entire flight that economy would receive headsets, but were very discreet in passing out the gift cards and did not announce this on the intercom.

No free trip on my flight though.
Not very discreet when it's on youtube.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.