Originally Posted by Deadtail
I don't speak to kettles.
A brilliantly witty reply^
Old Dec 31, 2012, 2:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Just a curiosity point...

What prompts your obsession with "proving" that the SkyMiles program is not going to be changed?

You now seem to have settled into a pattern of periodically bumping old threads, which might otherwise fade from the collective FT memory, just to say (again and again) "It hasn't happened yet" and to make disparaging comments about a few target individuals.

This is hardly in keeping with the requests the MODS made a few months ago about improving the tone in the DL forum.
Links below.

I was given the empirical flame, by you specifically (remember, I'm a cracker jack and a shill for Delta), for not buying into it from FTers with "sources" in the beginning of this thread. You said terrible things not only to and about me, but about Delta employees you don;t even know. I also was told by others that my head was in the sand, I'm a kool aid drinker, I needed Vaseline, etc. This was after me posting that I was told in very specific language from a Delta employee that would absolutely know, that this thread was hogwash. What was posted early on was project trash, one of several. When I mentioned that the guarantees grew stronger.

I would also add that there are a group of users here, you included, that are very critical of Delta and use any possible occasion to offer negative or sarcastic comments. This thread was a boon for this group of users, and now that it's not turning out as they had hoped, they want it to cease and be locked. That's just......yuck!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post18304484

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post18304343

Last edited by Deadtail; Dec 31, 2012 at 4:45 pm
Old Dec 31, 2012, 3:14 pm

Programs: Some
I was given the empirical flame for not buying into it from FTers with "sources" in the beginning of this thread. I was told my head was in the sand, I'm a kool aid drinker, I needed Vaseline, etc. This was after me posting that I was told in very specific language from a Delta employee that would absolutely know, that this thread was hogwash. What was posted early on was project trash, one of several. When I mentioned that the guarantees grew stronger. Now it's my turn.
Just a curiosity point...

What prompts your obsession with "proving" that the SkyMiles program is not going to be changed?

You now seem to have settled into a pattern of periodically bumping old threads, which might otherwise fade from the collective FT memory, just to say (again and again) "It hasn't happened yet" and to make disparaging comments about a few target individuals.

This is hardly in keeping with the requests the MODS made a few months ago about improving the tone in the DL forum. (emphasis added)
I lurk quite a bit on the DL forum but rarely sign in and post anymore, but after reading this thread off and on I want to comment.

This thread has not contained any substantive information for quite a long time. Rather, to echo StayingHomeIsBetter's comments, a particular poster has continued to publicly attack certain FT members for quite a while with no action from any of the moderators. I struggle to see how the last few pages contribute meaningfully to this forum or Flyertalk in general.

It is long overdue that this thread be locked and laid to rest. Perhaps if there is new information about any potential or actual changes to Delta Skymiles, then a new thread could be started.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 4:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by mudbug31
I lurk quite a bit on the DL forum but rarely sign in and post anymore, but after reading this thread off and on I want to comment.

This thread has not contained any substantive information for quite a long time. Rather, to echo StayingHomeIsBetter's comments, a particular poster has continued to publicly attack certain FT members for quite a while with no action from any of the moderators. I struggle to see how the last few pages contribute meaningfully to this forum or Flyertalk in general.

It is long overdue that this thread be locked and laid to rest. Perhaps if there is new information about any potential or actual changes to Delta Skymiles, then a new thread could be started.
I have not attacked a single person. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it attack. Myself and others were ridiculed when we didn't buy into the hoax. I don't recall anyone asking for a lock back then. I also don't think anyone is preventing the rumor starters from logging in and possible explaining how they came to the conclusion that changes were coming, something NOT ONE of them has done since the beginning of this thread.

Lastly, this thread is completely relevant. It's about Skymiles, including hints of changes on the horizon.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
I have not attacked a single person. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't make it attack. Myself and others were ridiculed when we didn't buy into the hoax. I don't recall anyone asking for a lock back then. I also don't think anyone is preventing the rumor starters from logging in and possible explaining how they came to the conclusion that changes were coming, something NOT ONE of them has done since the beginning of this thread.

Lastly, this thread is completely relevant. It's about Skymiles, including hints of changes on the horizon.
Yes, perhaps we all should be more careful in our use of terms.

Of course, I did not use the term "attack." I actually said you were making "disparaging comments."

Upon consideration of the following, I could have justifiably said you were "goading" certain individuals.
Whatever term best fits, it still describes a behavior that does not have a particularly positive influence here.

And, yes, I offer my share of criticism with respect to certain DL management practices. But, I generally (except in egregious situations) avoid commenting on rank and file employees, or the airline itself. Me taking issue with corporate leadership is a far cry from you trying to encite a verbal brawl in the mud with individual FT members.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 5:10 pm

Yes, perhaps we all should be more careful in our use of terms.

Of course, I did not use the term "attack." I actually said you were making "disparaging comments."

Upon consideration of the following, I could have justifiably said you were "goading" certain individuals.
Whatever term best fits, it still describes a behavior that does not have a particularly positive influence here.

And, yes, I offer my share of criticism with respect to certain DL management practices. But, I generally (except in egregious situations) avoid commenting on rank and file employees, or the airline itself. Me taking issue with corporate leadership is a far cry from you trying to encite a verbal brawl in the mud with individual FT members.
I was going to post multiple links, 6 I think, but decided to stop at two. Oh well, foiled again.

Does this mean you don't think I'm distracting you so Delta can pick your pocket anymore?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fracas
I was going to post multiple links, 6 I think, but decided to stop at two. Oh well, foiled again.

Does this mean you don't think I'm distracting you so Delta can pick your pocket anymore?
I'm not sure I understand that last line... unless you were working with the fellow who relieved me of my wallet on the Rome subway.

__________________________________________________ ___

Edited to add (since I could not pass up the opportunity)... I don't recall getting into a fracas with you on this topic.

Last edited by StayingHomeIsBetter; Dec 31, 2012 at 5:30 pm
Old Dec 31, 2012, 6:42 pm
Suspended

One reason the Skymiles program is most likely not going to change into a $0.01/point program is AMEX.
Why? Because when DL AMEX card holders find out that they no longer accumulate Skymiles but merely "Skypoints" that are worth at most 1 cent, they will DUMP those high-annual-fee-cards like toxic waste: GOOD BYE AMEX.
Because even a simple cash back card at 2% would be better...than DL Skypoints AMEX.

I don't see that happen anytime soon.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 12:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
I hesitate to wade into this morass again, but I will repeat what I said earlier:

Somebody is lying to someone. Either a source is lying to DL or they are lying to someone on FT or someone on FT is lying to us. I don't like those odds.

This thread was stupid from the beginning. Nobody with knowledge of actual deliberations on major changes to SM would be blabbing on this thread or to anyone blabbing on this thread. End of story.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by pbarnette
This thread was stupid from the beginning.
You must admit though, this thread has been of epic proportions and extremely entertaining. Yes I know, I should get a life and find other things to amuse me.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hesitate to wade into this morass again, but I will repeat what I said earlier:

Somebody is lying to someone. Either a source is lying to DL or they are lying to someone on FT or someone on FT is lying to us. I don't like those odds.

This thread was stupid from the beginning. Nobody with knowledge of actual deliberations on major changes to SM would be blabbing on this thread or to anyone blabbing on this thread. End of story.
I won't say you are wrong... no way of knowing one way or the other.

However, here is a prime example of where DL management could have defused the whole situation by posting here: "Nope. This is not under consideration."

Granted, DL management cannot respond to every rumor posted here on FT.

But, wouldn't it seem reasonable that there is some threshold short of the nearly 3000 posts that this thread has accumulated, where it would be in DL's best interests to come in and tamp down the speculation?

As I recall, earlier in the thread it was DL's lack of response that helped fan the flames of conjecture and speculation.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:24 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
You must admit though, this thread has been of epic proportions and extremely entertaining. Yes I know, I should get a life and find other things to amuse me.
Entertaining yes. I say we get to page 325 (15 posts per page) minimum before any significant change is announced.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:25 am
Suspended

File a motion to lock the thread. @:-)
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:31 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
As I recall, earlier in the thread it was DL's lack of response that helped fan the flames of conjecture and speculation.
Originally Posted by dieuwer2
File a motion to lock the thread. @:-)
. . . . . and the moderators probably haven't locked this thread because they secretly know that changes are coming! (although I hope not!)

More flame fanning!!!

Happy New Year, everyone!
Old Jan 1, 2013, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
FT is amusing and a good way to waste time IMO.
The NHL would amuse me, but Bettman is ruining the game.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.